Magic is going to................

Legend

Good point China Clipper. One caveat to my theory & agrees with your thoughts;

Conquest & Ecstasy go to New Orleans. Triumph comes to Galveston. Spirit comes to Galveston (or Houston- Bayport).

The only trouble I have with this scenario is that Galveston/Houston seems to lose capacity since the Triumph is less than Conquest & Spirit is about the same capacity as Ecstasy??

Marty

BTW - I'd LOVE a Spirit-class ship out of Galveston!!

I don't see NOLA having more capacity than Galveston at this point. Also I don't see them cutting capacity out of Galveston.

4. New Orleans gets her ship back & the ship that was designed for it, Conquest, which has more capacity than Triumph. Triumph takes over Conquest's cruises out of Galveston & Ecstasy remains in Galv & continues to do the short (4-5 day) cruises.

We should know in the next few days!! I'm out.

Marty

No way Triumph goes to Galveston. Galveston is bigger market and money maker for Carnival. Magic to Galveston, Conquest maybe back to New Orleans where it started.

I think not a chance Dream or Magic or Breeze goes around South America.

Splendor is set up for all reasonable cruise ship climates, whereas the Dream team isn't. There isn't any large, enclosed deck area - aka covered pool, where people could hang for a few days of crappy weather.

I was impressed with the rough water ride of Dream - you know there is some extra tonnage, so Magic could breeze around Cape Horn most of the time.

No way Triumph goes to Galveston. Galveston is bigger market and money maker for Carnival. Magic to Galveston, Conquest maybe back to New Orleans where it started.

It does look like the Triumph is coming to Galveston.

Magic and Triumph- Galveston

Conquest and Ecstasy- New Orleans

I think not a chance Dream or Magic or Breeze goes around South America.

Splendor is set up for all reasonable cruise ship climates, whereas the Dream team isn't. There isn't any large, enclosed deck area - aka covered pool, where people could hang for a few days of crappy weather.

I was impressed with the rough water ride of Dream - you know there is some extra tonnage, so Magic could breeze around Cape Horn most of the time.

Sargeant Shultz - I agree on the sea-keeping ability of the Dream. We experienced it in the Med when we ran into 70 mph winds and 30 ft seas! Captain Querlo said it was the worst weather/seas he had encountered in his entire career!

Yes, the Dream pitched & rolled, but all ships do in weather/seas that extreme. However, I was impressed on well she handled these seas.

My thought on the Magic NOT staying in Galveston, was the fact that Carnival would not confirm/commit to the TA's past the one Caribbean cruise for the Magic out of Galveston.

Also, remember the time of year....we're talking November (winter) in northern hemisphere, which is SUMMER in the southern hemisphere; more favorable conditions for the Magic to 'round Cape Horn!

Marty

Sargeant Shultz - I agree on the sea-keeping ability of the Dream. We experienced it in the Med when we ran into 70 mph winds and 30 ft seas! Captain Querlo said it was the worst weather/seas he had encountered in his entire career!

Yes, the Dream pitched & rolled, but all ships do in weather/seas that extreme. However, I was impressed on well she handled these seas.

My thought on the Magic NOT staying in Galveston, was the fact that Carnival would not confirm/commit to the TA's past the one Caribbean cruise for the Magic out of Galveston.

Also, remember the time of year....we're talking November (winter) in northern hemisphere, which is SUMMER in the southern hemisphere; more favorable conditions for the Magic to 'round Cape Horn!

Marty

But...

When you go under Carnival.com and go to my cruises, if you try to add a booking, you see what dates the Magic is sailing.

There is one 6 day cruise and then 7 day cruises one after another.

So I still think the Magic is staying in Galveston.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE the Magic to come to the west coast.

Marty

They just give us one little slice of the pie at once, and then wait to give the next piece ..from that you think it means that Magic would come specifically to Galveston and then leave ... fertile imagination if nothing else?? I dont buy it.

... for the most obvious reason, Elation left due to low prices, so why would they replace it with a larger ship? Remember when they were giving away cruises to Carnival gamblers, for several dates, just pay the taxes and take your pick of dates ...thats how bad demand was out of Calif, they were giving the cruise away trying to fill the ship.

I may have to stay off this thread.....people are right and wrong and I'm biting my tongue and it's bleeding now......lol:D

Please stay here!!!

Maybe we can get a little info out of you!!:D

I don't want your tongue to bleed, I just want some info!

How dare you call my imagination "fertile" :p! As I said in my original post...just my 2 cents.

Good points and would provide the increased capacity for Galveston/Houston market.

Sooo, Spencercoop may have it nailed;

Magic & Triumph in Galveston

Conquest & Ecstasy in New Orleans

Increases capacity in both markets. Still, hoping Carnival brings a Spirit-class ship to Houston, for our brand-new cruise terminal sitting empty in Bayport.

Marty

----

Marty

If that was the Oct 15th sailing, I wuz there.

I was also on Splendor around Cape Horn. That was in February, which is on the other side of November. It was mostly nice, but got pretty chillish the nearer we got to the tip of South America. Glad we didn't fall off the planet! :eek:

How dare you call my imagination "fertile" :p! As I said in my original post...just my 2 cents.

Good points and would provide the increased capacity for Galveston/Houston market.

Sooo, Spencercoop may have it nailed;

Magic & Triumph in Galveston

Conquest & Ecstasy in New Orleans

Increases capacity in both markets. Still, hoping Carnival brings a Spirit-class ship to Houston, for our brand-new cruise terminal sitting empty in Bayport.

Marty

I would LOVE it if you were right. Since I live in San Diego.

But...

When you go under Carnival.com and go to my cruises, if you try to add a booking, you see what dates the Magic is sailing.

There is one 6 day cruise and then 7 day cruises one after another.

So I still think the Magic is staying in Galveston.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE the Magic to come to the west coast.

There is, or wuz, another 6 day around NYE. And wuz an 8 day Christmas cruise.

I haven't checked other than my booking, which still doesn't say canceled!

There is, or wuz, another 6 day around NYE. And wuz an 8 day Christmas cruise.

I haven't checked other than my booking, which still doesn't say canceled!

Ok. I guess I missed those.

That is great that your booking is not cancelled!

Archived