What foods to AVOID? (a different wrinkle)

erdoran

I have found that to be true not only of the buffet desserts, but also many of the main dining room desserts on all of the cruise lines I have been on. There are several really good ones (like the strawberry souffle on NCL), but the rest are just what I call NWC (Not Worth the Calories).

I've had pretty good luck with NCL's MDR desserts -- not as good as they used to be, but still perhaps 75 percent WC. The strawberry souffle is indeed good.

I had a salad at lunch in the main dining room that was really strange. It was titled "assorted greens", but it was mostly the more bitter "greens" like dandelion. Several of the greens were red and other colors.

The really strange part was the dressing. It said "Choice of dressing" in the description so I asked what dressings they had. One they listed was thousand island, so I asked for that. It was red and kinda chunky and more similar to a vinagrette than thousand island, so I wonder if it was the Italian dressing you guys were talking about.

It was not a definite Don't Eat, but just something to be warned is very different from the description.

To show people's different tastes, I TOTALLY LOVED the Mexican crab dip with corn tortillas on that same lunch menu, but someone else posted in a review that it was one of the worst things they had on the cruise. It was small and didn't have many chips, but it also came with veggies that I enjoyed using for dipping.

You have described the Italian salad dressing. Red,chunky,some garlic, some oil, and something REALLY off-putting. I've no idea what it is that i don't like about it. Not remotely like Thousand island---mayo,ketchup and pickle relish.

This thread is about NCL.

wow, why in the world did you say that for? I was simply mentioning and agreeing with you, buffet desserts overall are not very good. That is why i don't get them. For some reason you thought it was necessary to play an attack game and I can't understand this?

Nita

You have described the Italian salad dressing. Red,chunky,some garlic, some oil, and something REALLY off-putting. I've no idea what it is that i don't like about it. Not remotely like Thousand island---mayo,ketchup and pickle relish.

I thought the same thing when it arrived, but I didn't send it back. There is so much food on a cruise that it doesn't really matter. I just ended up eating some of DH's club sandwich which was amazing.

Glad I know to definitely avoid the Italian dressing and not to order Thousand Island since they don't seem to have it. :D

[quote name='MissRabbit']speaking of desserts, do any of you have any opinionso n the sugar free desserts?[/quote]

I don't usually order them since I have had bad experiences off of cruise ships with them, but I had one that was quite good on my Sky cruise. I didn't realize it was sugar free until after. It was a puff pastry with a creme in the middle.

Archived