Quick question regarding luggage on HAL

Idahomom4

Is there a limit on how many suitcases per person you're allowed on HAL? Couldn't find any mention on their website and we just packed and have 3 suitcases between the two of us. And they have hangers in the closets, right?

Thanks!:)

Is there a limit on how many suitcases per person you're allowed on HAL? Couldn't find any mention on their website and we just packed and have 3 suitcases between the two of us. And they have hangers in the closets, right?

No limit. No problem. Hangers aplenty. Ask your room steward for more if you need them.

Rich

No limit. No problem. Hangers aplenty. Ask your room steward for more if you need them.

Rich

Thank you! I'm in panic/freaking out mode at the moment lol and this was the one bit of info I wasn't sure of.

Welcome to Cruise Critic....There is no limit to the Number of suitcases on HAL...We normally bring 3 pieces in addition to our two rolling carry on's.. We've seen people bring many more than that..;)You will have to nest them & store them under your bed after unpacking..Depending on the size you might have to lift up the bed in order to slide them under..

They have lots of hangars & if you need more ask your Steward for them...Must warn you though, all HAL's hangars are large wooden ones & take up too much room..I try not to use them....One of our pieces of luggage is a rolling garment bag & in that I use the Huggable Hangars....Purchased 50 of them today in Bed-Bath & Beyond for $29.95..I see that the Joy Mangano 's have come down in price..

I'll also pack a bunch of wire cleaner hangars in the outside pockets of our suitcases, if we're not flying which is the norm for us...We leave them behind when we disembark the ship..

Looks like you are leaving soon, so have a wonderful cruise..

Cheers.....:)Betty

We checked 5 bags for 4 people when we went two weeks ago and then carried on a rolling suitcase and a carry-on bag for me along with my husband's briefcase and my two kids' backpacks (one each). So you should have no problem.

As for hangars, I'd say we had 25 hangars in our room when we go there - MORE than enough for what we needed. They were wooden hangars and more than half had clips on them too.

Please be sure to keep a small carry-on (or rolling case) with you

when you board. Do not check any valuables such as jewelry,

cameras, lap tops, etc. - nor any medications.

You will also need this case the last morning to pack night clothes

from the last night on board - as well as last minute items from

the cabin ...

Hi There,

A common perk for the higher priced cabins is unlimited shipping by FedEx for the bags. Several years ago on a Grand Voyage around South America, we were waiting on line to get our shipping labels. The crew member asked the lady in front of us how many bags she would be shipping. Without batting an eyelash she responded "28".

Afterwards the crew members mentioned to us that her record on a previous cruise had been 32.

Scott & Karen

The crew member asked the lady in front of us how many bags she would be shipping. Without batting an eyelash she responded "28".

Afterwards the crew members mentioned to us that her record on a previous cruise had been 32.

Great story:). Makes me feel like a lightweight in the packing dept.:D.

Hi There,

A common perk for the higher priced cabins is unlimited shipping by FedEx for the bags. Several years ago on a Grand Voyage around South America, we were waiting on line to get our shipping labels. The crew member asked the lady in front of us how many bags she would be shipping. Without batting an eyelash she responded "28".

Scott & Karen

Wow!:)

A common perk for the higher priced cabins is unlimited shipping by FedEx for the bags. Several years ago on a Grand Voyage around South America, ...

Doesn't that perk only come with GVs, not just higher priced cabins on shorter cruises??

Are there any limitations to what can be in your carry ons? You know how airlines limit the size of liquid bottles and all that due to security....anything we can't carry on?

No there is no limitation in size. :) The only limitation is that you cannot bring beer or hard liquor on board. Water, soda and wine are all fine.

Life is good when you cruise, but if you are flying you will have to worry about it.

No there is no limitation in size. :) The only limitation is that you cannot bring beer or hard liquor on board. Water, soda and wine are all fine.

Life is good when you cruise, but if you are flying you will have to worry about it.

And the carryons...the stuff I am keeping with us...that has medications and whatever else you don't want them to handle...no limits there either?

And the carryons...the stuff I am keeping with us...that has medications and whatever else you don't want them to handle...no limits there either?

Your carryon must fit thru the scanner in the terminal ... only restriction to number and size of which I'm aware.

I've got a large women's bag....smaller than a duffel bag.....no problem?

The terminal scanner is pretty much the same as at airports ... if your bag would fit thru one of those, you should be okay to use it as a cruise carryon.

Are there any limitations to what can be in your carry ons? You know how airlines limit the size of liquid bottles and all that due to security....anything we can't carry on?

Hi,

We had a large pair of scissors taken and returned at the end of one cruise. Of course then they gave us steak knives in the MDR that could be used to gut a ninja. Go Figure.

Scott & Karen

Archived