Is Mexico Scrapped?

Shesailsaway

I heard from a good source that all cruise ships except Carnival, will eliminate cruises to, and docking in Mexico for 2011 and 2012. Is that true, and why?:(

Very simple to check if this rumor is true, just go to www.princess.com and check the scheduled cruises for Mexico. You can't always believe those 'good sources'. ;)

So far, only Royal Caribbean and NCL have pulled out of the Mexican Riviera for 2011 and beyond altogether.

Princess, Holland America and Carnival still offer roundtrips from LA or San Diego - and so will Disney for part of the year.

I heard from a good source that all cruise ships except Carnival, will eliminate cruises to, and docking in Mexico for 2011 and 2012. Is that true, and why?:(
Not sure who or what your good source is but Princess is not scrapping cruises to Mexico. We have one booked and would certainly do another Mexican Riviera in the future. As has been said, check the Princess website and you'll see a lot of available Mexican Riviera cruises (plus Caribbean cruises that go to Mexico). I counted a total of 26 cruises to the Mexican Riviera through April 2012 and I'm sure there are a bunch more going to Costa Maya, Cozumel, etc.

I just saw an ad for Disney cruises going to Mexico in 2011--considering this for our grandchild.

And I just read that kids were sailing for free between Jan - Mar 2011. check out the main booking sites and you will see it.

I just saw an ad for Disney cruises going to Mexico in 2011--considering this for our grandchild.

DCL had outstanding prices in Jan 2011, with taxes was 731 pp for a 7 day MR, even tho we're going in Sept , I was tempted to go again. DCL is wonderful, did Panama 2 years ago with an adult friend and loved it. Decided not to book, already spending 3 weeks in Mx in Feb.

Look forward to meeting you in Sept. Ele

I would think for Disney, their ships are the destination for most. ;) So the convenience of being on the west coast would be attractive to many because they would not have to fly cross country with young kid(s).

Then the dilemma then would be what do you do in port......Certainly not going to Senor Frogs.

• 2 weeks later...

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_4755.html

I keep saying this and people keep poo-poo'ing me. Cartegena has been on and off itineraries for years for the same reason. Please read the consular sheet completely and you will realize that the situation HAS affected tourists in tourist areas.

I have a PC cruise booked in 2011. I mentally prepared to miss those ports and am also carefully considering what I will do in those ports and will be monitoring both ports prior to my cruise to make an informed decision.

I hope not since I am booked on the Sapphire to the Mexican Riviera April 2011 :eek:

OP: Your "good source" didn't even bother to pull up the schedule on princess.com??? Cannot be such a good source. I'd find another source of info or perhaps do a bit of research yourself.

That said, NCL Star will leave MX permanently after the Spring of 2011. And the Mariner was pulled from LA early with lots of sailings cancelled after Jan 2011. And the Sapphire is doing alternatives to MX like Hawaii and the new CA Coastal too. And Carnival just announced Hawaii runs on one of their usual MX cruise ships.

So yes, it has been drastically reduced. But your good source needs to learn to use the internet before making such drastic statements :confused:.

Katherine

When I saw the thread title...for just a moment I thought that the country of Mexico had disbanded.

Well, according to the governor of Arizona, most of the Mexican population has already relocated to her state, so I guess disbanding the country would be the next logical step . . .

I guess that you can tell your co-worker's ex-wife's sister-in-law's former boyfriend's part-time travel agent that he was wrong.

Archived