Carnival Magic!!! Cheers and tears....

*Mach*

I feel ya Mach. I think a lot of CCL's itineraries are becoming "stale".

Agree completely. That is why for 2011, we're already looking elsewhere for better itineraries and 10 day cruises. Best we can do with CCL is 8 day(really 7) and same old places.

Have you gone to the Carnival website and seen the prices on that puppy??? FTLOG!!!!! Maybe they'll lower them after the "new" wears off, but for now, my pocketbook is saying, "Just say no." Especially since you can get the exact same itinerary out of the Florida ports for MUCH, MUCH less. Jeeze. I understand the principle of a "monopoly" but dear God those prices are H-I-G-H!!!!!

True but those of us who live with in driving distance are pretty much ok with it as we don't have the added cost and hassel of flying in. For those who do have to fly in due to where they live the price would seem high. Kind of a "big picture" thing. If we had to fly, we also would look else where. Thankfully we'll be living a mile from the pier when it's time to sail!

Agree completely. That is why for 2011, we're already looking elsewhere for better itineraries and 10 day cruises. Best we can do with CCL is 8 day(really 7) and same old places.

Where do you want them to go?

This is awesome news, though I, like Mach, had hoped the Ecstasy would stay utilizing the Bayport terminal. Being from Oklahoma, the ease of Getting to Galveston by car makes Cruising and unbeatable family vacation when it comes to value! My last trip on the Ecstasy will be in October. Looking forward to booking the Triumph and the Magic! Great News!

I sail both HAL and Carnival, and of all the mass market cruise lines, HAL has the most interesting Caribbean itineraries. I'm willing to pay extra so as to not do the same old sam old. I will admit that the Miracle is doing some interesting ports on its 8-day itineraries.

Roz

I sail both HAL and Carnival, and of all the mass market cruise lines, HAL has the most interesting Caribbean itineraries. I'm willing to pay extra so as to not do the same old sam old. I will admit that the Miracle is doing some interesting ports on its 8-day itineraries.

Roz

HAL sails out of Galveston?

Dream2010May29TH322.jpg?t=1277297226

I wonder if all these people will cruise the Dream again and again :rolleyes:

I honestly don't think they will.

Is it really fair to use a photo from the deck party/laser show on the first night of a cruise to represent the whole week?

Despite my deep love for the Conquest (September will be my sixth sailing on her...) I find it fitting that she return to NOLA.

Joe Farcus designed the interior of the Conquest with NOLA in mind as that was to be her homeport. Katrina had something to say about that, however.

Moving the Ecstasy to NOLA baffles me. No port in the US is more profitable for Carnival than Galveston, period. She could easily remain in Texas sailing from Bayport or Galveston and sail full on every cruise and keep the pricing up where it is now.

I just don't understand...

:confused:

Oh Mach......admit it, you're just jealous that Galveston is losing the Fantasy class ship :p I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that they are moving her to NOLA. With the loss of the Fantasy in Mobile, and the replacement with the not-up-to-date Elation, I am uber thrilled to see the Ecstasy coming to NOLA. Mobile is 9 hours from us and NOLA about 10, so both are easy drives for us and gives us quite the selection!!!!!

I agree, she is my favorite class ship and I have only been on her 1 time. At least now We have a choice of 4-7 day cruises close to my home, NO is about 4 hours away but mobile is only an hour, however I will drive to Galveston for a MAGIC CRUISE. its only about 9 hours and I've done it before. can't wait.

I was so excited to hear this news, we love being able to drive down and sail out of Galveson. But my excitement fizzled when i saw they are doing the same old iteraries....

Please Carnival... can't you go to Belize or Roatan...you go there from Miami?

Hey, they DID add Costa Maya. I've never been there before...so that's a little plus!

I'm very happy that our Carnival Magic is coming to Galveston. Not at all amused by the Ecstasy leaving.

That's a single sailing... not the normal itinerary...

:)

My vote Veracruz!!! We had a port change on a criuse we took right after hurricane Rita and we lucked out and went to Veracruz. It is absolutely fabulous. We were told that many mexicans vacation there. It was a really great port.

We are trying Carnival for the first time in 2012 - the Miracle. I think we are going to like it from everything I have heard and read.

Now the Magic coming to Galveston - we may try that as well before and/or after the Miracle.

I agree with others that would like a longer cruise out of Galveston. The Miracle cruise in 2012 is 8-days - would prefer 10 but will take 8.

Did I make a good choice of ship for our first CCL cruise?

The Miracle is a perfect choice for your first CCL cruise :)

I was so excited to hear this news, we love being able to drive down and sail out of Galveson. But my excitement fizzled when i saw they are doing the same old iteraries....

Please Carnival... can't you go to Belize or Roatan...you go there from Miami?

That's what I said...they go there from Tampa

LOL, Anything and everything helps. I appreciate it!!:D Oh, Wait, that is your tip jar. I guess I'll have to start own at work!

Ive got my Carnival Funnel cup in my locker an d put all my change in it as well as a little paper money when I can and I have another jar at home,:p lol

I agree with you, Mach... By the way, good to see you posting again. Missed you!

I was excited to check out the what great new exciting itinerary they would have for the Magic this morning...then my excitement turned to major disappointment. I am sooo tired of same ol', same ol' itineraries. I mean just how many times can you go to Cozumel, Grand Caymen, Jamaica and really love it over and over again?? I guess if you don't cruise often it has appeal, but if you cruise frequently, then....:rolleyes:

I was hoping they would throw some creative itineraries (length and destinations) in there that weren't during the "holiday" season when it cost you multiple body parts to book. Bummer!

WOW...after all the hoopla and leaving everyone hanging on waiting, this is the best that Carnival could do....well I had looked forward to sailing out of Galveston sometime in the future and was really hoping the Magic was going to be doing the 7 day Western itinerary that Triumph does now in NOLA...but now it looks like adios to ever sailing out of Galveston and off to NOLA so I can go somewhere instead of nasty Jamaica.....and the prices for the same dang itineraries is simply uncalled for ...Way to go Carnival...NOT!!!!

Archived