Some small questions about Emerald Princess

mlhuangcruise

1. Should we bring our own beach towels?

2. Can we bring the towels from ship to the ports/shores?

3. How neat you need to wear when having breakfast in cafe, any short pants and t-shirts OK?

4. Is there any WIFI available on ship? how much will it cost? by day or by minutes?

5. Can we ask for lunch food (and pack them with us while we are on shore excursions) in the morning?

Thanks, thanks!

3. How neat you need to wear when having breakfast in cafe, any short pants and t-shirts OK?

4. Is there any WIFI available on ship? how much will it cost? by day or by minutes?

5. Can we ask for lunch food (and pack them with us while we are on shore excursions) in the morning?

Thanks, thanks!

No need to bring towels. the pool towels in your cabin can be taken ashore with you.

T shirts and shorts are fine for during the day in the restaurants and buffet.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

WIFI is available but I don`t know the cost. Try the Princess website.

In a lot of countries you are not permitted to take food ashore. If you can take some, just help yourelf from the buffet.

No Princess Provides Them

Yes, but you are liable if they are lost.

Yes, if you mean the main dining room for breakfast or lunch, it is only dinner that requires proper dress, smart casual or formal.

I heard it depends on ship where on the ship you can get wifi, we have had it available in our cabins past two cruises. It is priced starting at 75 cents a minute but you can buy various packages which lower the charge significantly.

This is generally prohibited in many ports of call and in some instances can result in a hefty fine if you are caught. Usually prepackaged snack food is permitted. There are people who will tell you they have gotten away with smuggling food off the ship but you must ask yourself if it is worth the risk to save a few bucks.

Thanks, thanks!

Have a great cruise!!!

I've seen many a thread on here about taking food off the ship and into ports, and the bottom line is that it's, at the very least, frowned upon. ;) Packaged food is fine, but other food can get you a fine, or in the worst case scenario, cause a complete environmental catastrophe! :o

All Princess ships have WIFI. In most cabins, the reception is good.

Speed is basically that of dial-up and the internet may not be available at all times due to the ship's position

Using WIFI is the same cost as using the ship's computers in their Internet Cafe.

First there is a $3.95 initial sign up charge (once per cruise per user). Then 75 cents/minute unless you purchase a package. No refund for package minutes not used.

Packages:

100 minutes $55.00

150 minutes $75.00

250 minutes $100.00

500 minutes $175.00

If you sign up for a package the first day, there is usually some free bonus minutes. You can also pre-pay for a package at http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/communications/index.jsp and this will include more bonus minutes than you would get onboard.

The package minutes can be used both on your own computer and on the ship's computers in the Internet Cafe.

The first time you use it onboard, there will be instructions on how to set up your account and select a password.

Please note that on your own computer you must sign out with an address of 1.1.1.1 or your minutes may continue to be counted down.

Thank you all for the detailed information!

Really appreciate the suggestions for WIFI access. Will definitely do.

Just thought of another small question. Is there any iron (for clothes) in each room? I am afraid that I need to iron shirts for my family members on the formal dinner night.....

Thank you all for the detailed information!

Really appreciate the suggestions for WIFI access. Will definitely do.

Just thought of another small question. Is there any iron (for clothes) in each room? I am afraid that I need to iron shirts for my family members on the formal dinner night.....

Irons are not allowed in the cabins; but there are laundry rooms with washers, dryers, irons and ironing boards onboard.

Mike:)

There are irons in the laundry rooms. I don't think they are allowed in the rooms.

Archived