Room sizes

I am hoping to book a cruise on the Carnival Fantasy next fall with myself, DH and mom. Mom is in a motorized scooter, and she uses it 24/7. We have been in handicapped accessible cabins before, and for two people, it works well. Now we are three, and I'm not sure it is feasible.

The Special Needs desk said that the handicapped accessible room is on the Emperess deck, and is 185 square feet. Any thoughts on how this compares to the average sized rooms, and would three people plus the scooter be able to fit in their comfortably??

In all honesty, I do not feel a cabin that size can accommodate three adults plus the scooter. And, I'm surprised that they even suggested that to you as I've not found a line that allows three adults in an accessible cabin.

I am hoping to book a cruise on the Carnival Fantasy next fall with myself, DH and mom. Mom is in a motorized scooter, and she uses it 24/7. We have been in handicapped accessible cabins before, and for two people, it works well. Now we are three, and I'm not sure it is feasible.

The Special Needs desk said that the handicapped accessible room is on the Emperess deck, and is 185 square feet. Any thoughts on how this compares to the average sized rooms, and would three people plus the scooter be able to fit in their comfortably??

That's pretty average for a normal stateroom. I know that my accessible suite on NCL Star for September holds four and is about 420 square feet, but a standard outside is about 150-175, and a standard balcony (including the balcony) is about 225-250.

Even though the Special Needs Desk gave you this information, suggest you call Carnival again and recheck. It would appear that the agent might have mistakenly quoted the footage for a regular cabin within the catagory that you are booked. Rather than the footage for a HC Cabin. Becaues 185 SF for a HC cabin is extremely small.

Celebrity Infinity has a HUGE HC stateroom. We traveled in 6005 which was 385 sq. ft. (6004 is the same). There was a couch and plenty of extra room. This doesn't help you now, but keep in mind for the future.

185 sq ft sounds like a modified cabin. not a true accessible cabin. I got stuck with a modified cabin once and I couldn't turn around in it I either backed out or turned around in bathroom. It was tight for 2 of us and my manual chair

Archived