carry on bag size

shoreham01

I have just read on another thread that there is a maximum size for carry on bags to enable them to go through the security scanners. Does anyone know the maximum size you can take through?

It's the same as airlines. The scanners are the same as what the airlines use. However, you can bring more than one carry-on.

I have just read on another thread that there is a maximum size for carry on bags to enable them to go through the security scanners. Does anyone know the maximum size you can take through?

A 25" bag is the max and definitely without using expansion.

Thank you everyone for your help. We would not be taking anything as big as 25" as carry on, just a small overnight bag and a rucksack. My bag is 22"long by 12"high by 10"across so should be ok I hope.

Thank you everyone for your help. We would not be taking anything as big as 25" as carry on, just a small overnight bag and a rucksack. My bag is 22"long by 12"high by 10"across so should be ok I hope.

Your bag will fit quite nicely.

I was really hoping to bring my custom Scrabble board with me, but it is in a big, round case, and I don't want it to be thrown around with the checked luggage. I guess I am out of luck? :( I know there are games on board, but it's just not the same...

Michelle

I was really hoping to bring my custom Scrabble board with me, but it is in a big, round case, and I don't want it to be thrown around with the checked luggage. I guess I am out of luck? :( I know there are games on board, but it's just not the same...

Michelle

Phi;)

It's the same as airlines. The scanners are the same as what the airlines use. However, you can bring more than one carry-on.

If you read the arilines websites they state you are allowed one carry-on per person. Last year when we flew Air Tran they were very strict on what size we had for a carry-on, they measured them. This year when we flew Delta we went by the sizes they listed on their website for carry-ons and it was one per person We did see others bringing on more than one, but you could see that it did create problems for overhead storage.

We had a small carry-on bag in December and had to empty it and re-pack it because we had opened up the expansion zipper and it was too wide. The TSAs at SJU made us do it while they watched. :rolleyes:

Funny thing is that once we were through the line, we put all the stuff we took out of the bag back into it and it had MORE than enough room in the overhead compartment on the plane. It was actually one of the smallest bags in there! :mad:

We had a small carry-on bag in December and had to empty it and re-pack it because we had opened up the expansion zipper and it was too wide. The TSAs at SJU made us do it while they watched. :rolleyes:

Funny thing is that once we were through the line, we put all the stuff we took out of the bag back into it and it had MORE than enough room in the overhead compartment on the plane. It was actually one of the smallest bags in there! :mad:

You know those contraptions that are at each gate where they say your bag must fit into? In all our years of travelling I have never seen anyone have to do it. Until Barcelona airport on May 29th. We were the lucky ones. It seems that in Barcelona every carryon must be weighed and tagged and security guy decided our bags would not fit. I carry a huge purse; holds my netbook, 2 Kindles and room for lots of other stuff. We had to stuff those carryons into the "machine" and a word of advice if any of you have to do it. Turn the bag upside down; wheels at the top and then put it in. I had to remove some things from the outside pockets, but they did fit inside. Both bags are 21" and fit very nicely in the overhead. I met the person in line behind us later on and she (this was at the Aer Lingus counter and she's an Irish national who had the same size bag) said he bothered us because we were holding American passports. Very frankly, there were few, if any, Americans on that flight.

Archived