restaurant charge

Summer Time

Bunch of us girls and 2 men will be on the Dawn in August and we want to book in an Italian restaurant. Problem is that we don't know how much the extra charge is.

In specialty restaurant, is it just tips or a service charge or what?

This is our first cruise on NCL.

I have cruised other cruise lines so I am an experienced cruiser.

thank you, Kate

Bunch of us girls and 2 men will be on the Dawn in August and we want to book in an Italian restaurant. Problem is that we don't know how much the extra charge is.

thank you, Kate

I believe the Italian and Mexican restauraunts are $10 per person.

thank you, Kate

Hi Kate,

The Italian restaurants on all NCL ships charge a $10 per person charge. We leave an extra tip if the service is above and beyond our expectations, but the tipping isn't expected.

You can make reservations once on the ship. Regular cabins can book 24 hours in advance (I think), and suites can usually book anytime through their concierge.

Hi Kate,

The Italian restaurants on all NCL ships charge a $10 per person charge. We leave an extra tip if the service is above and beyond our expectations, but the tipping isn't expected.

The $10 per person charge, is it just for the dinner, no additional charge?

What about other charges, like at a land based restaurant that if we order steak, it cost more than ordering chicken?

Drinks such as alcohol, sodas, club sodas etc are extras at the Italian restaurant, am I correct?

We are first time cruiser on NCL. Friends who are cruising are first time cruiser, yet I have 14 cruises under my belt and they are asking me questions that only veterans cruisers of NCL can answer.;)

thanks, Kate

Your drinks will be charged to your onboard account, as well as the price per person. So you will all just tell the waiter to swipe each card that way one person won't be paying for everyone. (Unless one person is treating the others). I can't reply to wether there are some extra fees for certain dishes.

The $10 per person charge, is it just for the dinner, no additional charge?

What about other charges, like at a land based restaurant that if we order steak, it cost more than ordering chicken?

Drinks such as alcohol, sodas, club sodas etc are extras at the Italian restaurant, am I correct?

The Italian restaurants just have the $10pp extra charge. However, in the French restaurant (Le Bistro) some of the chef's specials have an additional charge ($10-30) over and above the specialty restaurant charge ($15).

Cagneys, the steakhouse, also has an up charge for lobster, etc.

Here's an insiders tip: try the tapas at the bar at the mexican restaurant. They are free and very good. They are served at dinner time. Order a drink, ask for some tapas, and say hi to the bartender for me!

Everyone, thank you for your valuable replies. They are helpful for us first timers on NCL.

It turns out we are sailing on the Jewel in August to the Bahamas then back to NY. (Brain cramp on the names of the ships.)

Kate

The Italian restaurants just have the $10pp extra charge. However, in the French restaurant (Le Bistro) some of the chef's specials have an additional charge ($10-30) over and above the specialty restaurant charge ($15).

FYI, the charge for LeBistro has been $20 for some time.

Archived