Epic

CZodda

Saw her pulling into the port of NY this morning (I work in Hoboken and have a view of the port).

My gracious is she a big girl - what a sight sailing down the Hudson!

Can't wait to go to lunch today. I'll sit out on the park benches and stare at her in envy!

Sooo looking forward to taking another cruise soon!

Have a great day all!

Cathy

Saw her pulling into the port of NY this morning (I work in Hoboken and have a view of the port).

My gracious is she a big girl - what a sight sailing down the Hudson!

Can't wait to go to lunch today. I'll sit out on the park benches and stare at her in envy!

Sooo looking forward to taking another cruise soon!

Have a great day all!

Cathy

Lots of great pics being posted over on the EPIC board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=609

You know, at first, from viewing all the drawings and pictures, etc, I too thought she would be ugly. But you know, seeing her in person - she doesn't seem to be that bad looking of a ship. I think she's growing on me! :-D

I would love to be able to sail on her, especially with the rooms they have available for singles (received a post card from NCL about them). I assume her home port is Miami?

Saw her this morning sailing past my office. That is one UGLY ship! looks like it has the aerodynamics of a brick!

Yawn....

+1...I could care less what the outside looks like. I don't plan on sailing on the outside of the ship....lol

For those that have been on the Epic already....I am soooooooooooo jealous. For those that are in NY...you guys are so lucky!!!!!

+1...I could care less what the outside looks like. I don't plan on sailing on the outside of the ship....lol

But it would be nice to see the ocean when you are on a ship, otherwise what's the point? Only open space I could see was on top. Why bother sailing?

Saw her this morning sailing past my office. That is one UGLY ship! looks like it has the aerodynamics of a brick!

I think she's growing on me! :-D

For those that appreciate a good George Carlin Quote (of course cleaned up for this family atmosphere, and paraphrased)

Get on the {ship}! Get on the {ship}! I say, {Bless:rolleyes:} you! I'm getting IN the {ship}!

The only time you'll have to see the outside of the ship is when you're limping back exhausted from your exciting excursion in the Caribbean. You'll be IN the ship most of the time, not giving one tenth of a darn what the outside looks like.

I just wish they would've thought a little harder about the hull art... I love the concept of hull art... NCL is the only line that has this level of hull art... I just think they could've come up with something... I dunno... a little more EPIC! Pun intended...

And I thank you,

JWK: Carlin Fan, and Epic Booster

PS: See you on the Sky in about a minute....

But it would be nice to see the ocean when you are on a ship, otherwise what's the point? Only open space I could see was on top. Why bother sailing?

Ever heard of a balcony?:confused:

For those that appreciate a good George Carlin Quote (of course cleaned up for this family atmosphere, and paraphrased)

The only time you'll have to see the outside of the ship is when you're limping back exhausted from your exciting excursion in the Caribbean. You'll be IN the ship most of the time, not giving one tenth of a darn what the outside looks like.

I just wish they would've thought a little harder about the hull art... I love the concept of hull art... NCL is the only line that has this level of hull art... I just think they could've come up with something... I dunno... a little more EPIC! Pun intended...

And I thank you,

JWK: Carlin Fan, and Epic Booster

PS: See you on the Sky in about a minute....

Touche`! Another George Carlin fan. :D I used to sneak to listen to him when I was a kid. I think it was the expletives.....lol.

Loved the Sky BTW, would definitely like to sail on it again.

Ever heard of a balcony?:confused:

Yes I have and booked many! However, the point of being on a cruise ship is to be able to see and experience the ocean. According to your theory, might as well be on a tanker, which is basically what this ship looks like! Enjoy!

Yes I have and booked many! However, the point of being on a cruise ship is to be able to see and experience the ocean. According to your theory, might as well be on a tanker, which is basically what this ship looks like! Enjoy!

That may be the case for you, but I cruise for the itinerary. Everything else is a bonus. If I want to experience the ocean, I do so either at a beach during one of the port stops or by booking a balcony. Otherwise, my purpose for sailing is to enjoy the camaraderie of my fellow passengers, a few good meals, shows, etc. Any connection to the ocean is merely coincidental.

I don't think that I would like the visable split bathrooms on the Epic. The traditional loo is preferable for me.

DH suffers from occasional bouts of vertigo. Would the curvy cabin walls be uncomfortable for him, especially during rough seas?

I think that we'll stick to traditional ships.

[

What "open space" is there on any new cruise ship other than "on top?" Epic has a terraced seating area with lounge chairs at the rear of the ship (called Spice H2O) that offers plenty of "open space" for sitting and "seeing the ocean."

Archived