Possible cc group cruise - carnival spirit 15 day hawaii - apr 13/12

Luckysll

OMG, the Titanic anniversary again. We sailed from FLL on a TA to Barcelona (via Ireland, England, Belgium, Holland) and we sailed on April 15, 2007, which I believe was the 95th anniversary? Maybe the anniversary of the sailing or the sinking, I can't remember, but we had the worst weather all the way across the Atlantic that I have ever experienced on a cruise! And the odd coincidence was the first stop was in Cobh, which was the last port of call for the Titanic before it sunk.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

So what would a normal crossing from San Diego to Hawaii be like in April like? Is it usually rough?

I booked it through my vacation rewards group but I'm on board! Shhh don't tell hubby (it's a surprise!)

Hi Beth. Great you'll be joining us. I promise not to spoil the surprise when we're on the Miracle. :D

sorry sis..your brother is a no go..he wants to cruise the other one in late Feb-March with the Dreamers reunion

he also says we cannot (being self employed) afford that much time off :mad:

Understood, sis.

"Maybe we should be the "Spirit Slippahs". The group tee shirts and banner can have flip flops on them....just an idea."

I LOVE this idea, especially since t-shirts and flip flops are my idea of a perfect vacation!

By the way, I am Margie, Linda's cabinmate (LEtue and hmstins). Hi y'all!

Hi Margie. Spirit Slippahs sounds good, too. I can practically picture the t-shirt now. :mad:

I watched a special on TV about the Titanic... do you realize this sailing will be over the 100 year anniversary?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic

320px-RMS_Titanic_3.jpg

OMG, the Titanic anniversary again. We sailed from FLL on a TA to Barcelona (via Ireland, England, Belgium, Holland) and we sailed on April 15, 2007, which I believe was the 95th anniversary? Maybe the anniversary of the sailing or the sinking, I can't remember, but we had the worst weather all the way across the Atlantic that I have ever experienced on a cruise! And the odd coincidence was the first stop was in Cobh, which was the last port of call for the Titanic before it sunk.

Should I even mention that we leave San Diego on a Friday the 13th!!?? Maybe I shouldn't point that out or no one will book. :D Good thing I'm not superstitious. :D

OK Sandy, add Scott and I to the list but not going to let him in on this quite yet so shhhhhh;)

I agree that its going to be tough not doing winter cruise , especially when we live in Mn and so look forward getting the heck out of dodge when the weather is so darn cold but oh well.............

Wow, that's two surprises I have to remember not to spoil. I'm up to the challenge. :D

Who's interested:

1. Luckysll - Sandy

2. Molly BPOE - Molly and Robert

3. Mohavemommy

4. Cruisingcouple2008 - Amy and Austin

5. Anotherlurker

6. Smoofdaddy & Mama Linda

7. Danysmom - Cheryl

8. pzerba & jayzee

9. Pee-ah - Pia

10. Golfpccc - Dave and Carla

11. bjc5243

12. dogbert's Mom - Janice and Don

13. chickie4617

14. LEtue and hmstins - Linda and Margie

15. cruisergirl2002 - Janis and Bernie

16. SmudgeCat

17. hues of blues - Sherri and Scott

Who else wants to come along?????

Why the mad face? If you don't like it we can come up with something else:o

Sorry.....I was supposed to be adding the happy face :D:D....guess I moved the mouse and hit the wrong button. :o I really like the idea!!

Actually, three...I am not letting Robert in on this little trip until we get back from our cruise in January:o

Both Hues_of_blues and Got_cruises will be cruising with me on the Miracle Feb. 7/11, so that's what I meant about keeping two secrets. I will keep yours too, of course, but it will be much easier. :D

The only person I have around on a daily basis to keep secrets from is my cat and he doesn't care. :D

Molly, I see the start of a great banner in here....:D

MR900432787.jpgMR900407071.jpgMR900177933.jpg

I agree! You could also do something to do with "Aloha Spirit" and use the slippahs as a theme. You hear about Aloha spirit all the time in Hawaii. And unless you are hiking or jogging or something like that - everyone wears their slippahs EVERYWHERE - even nice restaurants, church, etc. It's such a common symbol there - I even have a silver pendant of one I got in Maui, my favorite place on earth. :D

Both Hues_of_blues and Got_cruises will be cruising with me on the Miracle Feb. 7/11, so that's what I meant about keeping two secrets. I will keep yours too, of course, but it will be much easier. :D

The only person I have around on a daily basis to keep secrets from is my cat and he doesn't care. :D

Ahhhh...lol. Yes, you will have to be careful :)

I agree! You could also do something to do with "Aloha Spirit" and use the slippahs as a theme. You hear about Aloha spirit all the time in Hawaii. And unless you are hiking or jogging or something like that - everyone wears their slippahs EVERYWHERE - even nice restaurants, church, etc. It's such a common symbol there - I even have a silver pendant of one I got in Maui, my favorite place on earth. :D

Hawaii sounds like my kind of place :D

I may have to carry an extra bag just for my slippahs :p

Hawaii sounds like my kind of place :D

I may have to carry an extra bag just for my slippahs :p

Hawaii is wonderful - the people are amazing. As long as you take a little time to learn the customs and culture a bit before you go and treat people with respect, you will get a world of kindness from everyone you meet in return. :D

I can't even describe the scenery and do it any justice.

Hi Beth. Great you'll be joining us. I promise not to spoil the surprise when we're on the Miracle. :D

Thanks Sandy!:D

Hopefully I won't spoil the surprise first...I'm so excited and it's so hard not to tell but thankfully I have my great buddy Sherri to get me through the times I feel I will have loose lips! :eek:

Who's interested:

1. Luckysll - Sandy

3. Mohavemommy

5. Anotherlurker

7. Danysmom - Cheryl

8. pzerba & jayzee

9. Pee-ah - Pia

11. bjc5243

13. chickie4617

16. SmudgeCat

Lenny and Christina

Lenny and Christina

Sorry, Christina. I wasn't sure from your first post whether you were able to go or not. But, you are on the list now. :D

Who's interested:

1. Luckysll - Sandy

3. Mohavemommy

5. Anotherlurker

7. Danysmom - Cheryl

8. pzerba & jayzee

9. Pee-ah - Pia

11. bjc5243

13. chickie4617

16. SmudgeCat

18. Christina M - Lenny and Christina

Sorry, Christina. I wasn't sure from your first post whether you were able to go or not. But, you are on the list now. :D

Who's interested:

1. Luckysll - Sandy

3. Mohavemommy

5. Anotherlurker

7. Danysmom - Cheryl

8. pzerba & jayzee

9. Pee-ah - Pia

11. bjc5243

13. chickie4617

16. SmudgeCat

18. Christina M - Lenny and Christina

Sorry about that, It is now until sometime the end of summer or longer I can not take a vk. DH and I talked about this am and he said we need to go for it. We have been talking about doing the 12 day but this one is better for us. We like going to San Diego and this will give us time there before or after our cruise.

Thanks Sandy!:D

Hopefully I won't spoil the surprise first...I'm so excited and it's so hard not to tell but thankfully I have my great buddy Sherri to get me through the times I feel I will have loose lips! :eek:

And thats what friends are for my dear Beth;) We will just have to find other topics when we are together with our hubbies......hmmm...whatever shall we discuss?......lol

Sorry about that, It is now until sometime the end of summer or longer I can not take a vk. DH and I talked about this am and he said we need to go for it. We have been talking about doing the 12 day but this one is better for us. We like going to San Diego and this will give us time there before or after our cruise.

I love San Diego, too. One of the things I will be doing closer to the date of the cruise will be to look for a hotel that will give us a good group rate for at least two nights pre-cruise.

Last time I was there, I stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Bay with a bay view room and watched the Spirit come in to port early in the morning. The hotel is a little pricey, so I'm not sure if they could give us much of a discount, but there are lots of other hotels to choose from.

Archived