Possible cc group cruise - carnival spirit 15 day hawaii - apr 13/12

Luckysll

Should I even mention that we leave San Diego on a Friday the 13th!!?? Maybe I shouldn't point that out or no one will book. :D Good thing I'm not superstitious. :D

Can you imagine the stir we would get if we walked around with matching t-shirts on April 15th that say "In Memory of the 100th anniversary of the sinking of Titanic" on the back? Maybe they could show the movie that evening. j/k

gosh hon - don't know - it seems so hard at times being that we have so little in common:rolleyes:;)

And thats what friends are for my dear Beth;) We will just have to find other topics when we are together with our hubbies......hmmm...whatever shall we discuss?......lol

Just poking around on the West Coast Departures Board and I am happy to see that the airport and cruise terminal are close to each other - similar to FLL. Hotels are reasonable too :)

Just poking around on the West Coast Departures Board and I am happy to see that the airport and cruise terminal are close to each other - similar to FLL. Hotels are reasonable too :)

I have cruised out of San Diego twice. I made the mistake of using the CCL shuttle to get from the airport to the terminal once...NEVER AGAIN! It was $16pp for the shuttle, I took a cab from the terminal to the airport for $9 total:cool:

For anyone who hasn't cruised out of San Diego, here are a couple of pictures I've posted before to show how close the airport and pier are to each other. These pictures were taken from the Holiday Inn on the Bay, which is right across the street from the pier.

SanDiegoairport.jpg?t=1278272755

Spiritinport.jpg?t=1278272922

For anyone who hasn't cruised out of San Diego, here are a couple of pictures I've posted before to show how close the airport and pier are to each other. These pictures were taken from the Holiday Inn on the Bay, which is right across the street from the pier.

SanDiegoairport.jpg?t=1278272755

Spiritinport.jpg?t=1278272922

Sandy, thanks for posting the pictures :D How was the Holiday Inn? Are there restaurants close by?

Sandy, thanks for posting the pictures :D How was the Holiday Inn? Are there restaurants close by?

DH and stayed at the Holiday Inn in November and loved it. There is a seafood place across the street that we love.

I am suprised more people have not joined up. DH and check it out yestarday and by doing this cruise instead of flying to Hawaii and cruising back we will save almost $2,000. This cruise is something we have taklked about for 2 years amd because of work and other things have not do it yet.

I told DH it will be his birthday cruise, his bd is April 8th. I am so ready to go now. We love to cruise, just wish we loved by a port.

DH and stayed at the Holiday Inn in November and loved it. There is a seafood place across the street that we love.

I am suprised more people have not joined up. DH and check it out yestarday and by doing this cruise instead of flying to Hawaii and cruising back we will save almost $2,000. This cruise is something we have taklked about for 2 years amd because of work and other things have not do it yet.

I told DH it will be his birthday cruise, his bd is April 8th. I am so ready to go now. We love to cruise, just wish we loved by a port.

Christina, thanks for feedback on the Holiday Inn. This sailing seems popular already and there is a roll call started. So some have already booked.

Margie and tried to do a similar cruise a few years ago on the Radiance but it didn't work out. It is hard for me to devote 2 weeks to cruising - especially with grand children in GA and TX! It seems like I am always buying airline tickets :eek: But we're both determined to make this one :D

Christina, thanks for feedback on the Holiday Inn. This sailing seems popular already and there is a roll call started. So some have already booked.

LEtue and tried to do a similar cruise a few years ago on the Radiance but it didn't work out. It is hard for me to devote 2 weeks to cruising - especially with grand children in GA and TX! It seems like I am always buying airline tickets :eek: But we're both determined to make this one :D

Margie, It is funny because my MIL just got back from Hawaii on Tuesday and she said we had to go, then I find this post and had to tell DH.

The only thing that can stop us is work. DH can take 2 to 3 weeks up to a month at a time, now me it is hard becausI am the only one in my postion so I will have to see what the boss says.

If you stay at the Holiday Inn and have the money for a bay view room it is wortgh it. That is what we had in Nov and we were able to watch the Spirit come in that am.

All this talk of a cruise makes me want to go watch our cd from our last cruise.:)

My DD was talking to her dad today and ws asking when you might have price info? She want to talk to her hubby abouy going.

We have to wait until Laura approves my request for this to be an official group cruise. She then contacts the CC TA for pricing. Since Laura is away until Tuesday, it depends on how many emails, etc., she has to respond to before we hear anything.

Prices can't be posted in the roll call, only in the Member Cruise forum that Laura will set up once we're official. In the meantime, I will be able to email prices to anyone once I have them.

I'm hoping the process will only take a couple of weeks.

We have to wait until Laura approves my request for this to be an official group cruise. She then contacts the CC TA for pricing. Since Laura is away until Tuesday, it depends on how many emails, etc., she has to respond to before we hear anything.

Prices can't be posted in the roll call, only in the Member Cruise forum that Laura will set up once we're official. In the meantime, I will be able to email prices to anyone once I have them.

Thank you, I will telll DD. Is it April of 2012 yet ? :);) :rolleyes:

Sandy, we'll all try and be patient...it's just so hard :p

Sorry, Christina. I wasn't sure from your first post whether you were able to go or not. But, you are on the list now. :D

Who's interested:

1. Luckysll - Sandy

2. Molly BPOE - Molly and Robert

3. Mohavemommy

4. Cruisingcouple2008 - Amy and Austin

5. Anotherlurker

6. Smoofdaddy & Mama Linda

7. Danysmom - Cheryl

8. pzerba & jayzee

9. Pee-ah - Pia

10. Golfpccc - Dave and Carla

11. bjc5243

12. dogbert's Mom - Janice and Don

13. chickie4617

14. LEtue and hmstins - Linda and Margie

15. cruisergirl2002 - Janis and Bernie

16. SmudgeCat

17. hues of blues - Sherri and Scott

18. Christina M - Lenny and Christina

Who else wants to come along?????

You can add jordanaire - Bill and Leila. We are seriously considering this cruise as a retirement gift to each other!

You can add jordanaire - Bill and Leila. We are seriously considering this cruise as a retirement gift to each other!

Welcome to the group. This will be a wonderful retirement cruise for you.

I am sort of retired....I retired seven years ago after 30 years with the BC Provincial Government and now do part-time temp work to support my cruising addiction. :D

Who's interested:

1. Luckysll - Sandy

2. Molly BPOE - Molly and Robert

3. Mohavemommy

4. Cruisingcouple2008 - Amy and Austin

5. Anotherlurker

6. Smoofdaddy & Mama Linda

7. Danysmom - Cheryl

8. pzerba & jayzee

9. Pee-ah - Pia

10. Golfpccc - Dave and Carla

11. bjc5243