OMG I messed up!!

Does anyone have ANY idea if the Alabama/Auburn football game will be on an t.v's on board the Equinox on November 26th on Friday?? Please tell me YES!!

I was upset that last year's Army-Navy Game (on a Saturday) wasn't on the ship's TV. We were only a day out from pulling into Ft. Lauderdale. :(

Does anyone have ANY idea if the Alabama/Auburn football game will be on an t.v's on board the Equinox on November 26th on Friday?? Please tell me YES!!

There's really no way to know.... the American TV feed we have received on previous sailings is usually from Denver, and it would depend on if it's a nationally broadcasted game. You'll just need to wait and see. Check the sports bar on board... not just the cabin TV.

(We'll be sailing for the opening night of Monday Night Football and I'll be checking it out myself!)

Unless it's an ESPN Deportes game, the chances are it won't be on TV. Celebrity does not get regular broadcast channels, so it's a pretty good chance you won't be seeing it. They show some bowl games and championship games in the NFL, but they don't seen to show regular season college games.

The only way you will probably see it on board? If ESPN and/or ABC

get the game. The tv schedule has not been released yet.

If it ends up being a game on CBS you won't....the ships are connected

to ESPN so unless its ABC/ESPN you are going to be SOL....

I have seen college games before, actually I sailed a couple

of times when my Noles played the Canes....the game was

on ABC so they must have picked up the feed via ESPN

(all the same company).

ROLL TIDE:)

Unless it's an ESPN Deportes game, the chances are it won't be on TV. Celebrity does not get regular broadcast channels, so it's a pretty good chance you won't be seeing it. They show some bowl games and championship games in the NFL, but they don't seen to show regular season college games.

Hi Darcie:)maybe because it was Labor Day weekend, but I did

see an FSU/Miami on board. Probably because it was a holiday

and it was on ABC so they picked up the feed via ESPN.

I think it was 2 years ago....so I guess it just varies;)

From what I have heard, the chances of getting some college games is better because the ship picks up ESPN. I am not sure if they will have the Iron Bowl.

I'm going away at Christmas and will missing seeing bowl games if they are not broadcast on the Equinox.

Hi,

I feel yor pain. Although I don't know if your game will be on TV. I keep screwing up with travel dates myself. My husband has missed a Super Bowl game when we were out of the country ( land vacation ), I know better not to cruise/vacation early Feb anymore. He's missed watching the World Series a few years ago. Luckily his team wasn't in it. Last year I got lucky when we sailed on Carnival's Pride. His Jets were in the playoff game & Carnival not only showed it in the Sports Bar, they set up a movie screen in one of the lounges. He only missed a few minutes of the game due to the muster drill. This year we will be away during the baseball playoffs. Since we are traveling mainly in the US & will be home 1/2 way through it he should be able to watch it on TV both at home & on the ship. We will be home for the World Series. Go Yankees.

Happy Cruising. Safe travels. Enjoy the 4th of July.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

I am not a big sports nut, but I know that people who are can be pretty intense about their schedule. I cannot imagine not scheduling a vacation just because your game might be playing while you are on vacation. Then again, if you are that big a sports fan I certainly would want to make sure I did schedule around it since it would be a lot of money spent on a miserable vacation if your sports fan decided to pout about not watching the game.

I do have a friend who planned her pregnancy so she would not be anywhere close to delivering during football SEASON. LOL

Try asking the hotel manager. We were on board a few years ago for an important World Series games...I think it was Red Sox game, but not sure. Anyway, several of us asked for it to be played on board. We got them to get a special permission from their Corporate office and played it through ESPN Desportes feed from Mexico. (In English) The game was put on a big screen in a special area. The cruise line provided peanuts, popcorn and special drink prices. There was a pretty big group and a real party atmosphere. So it never hurts to ask. The more who ask the better chance you have...this of course assumes the game is on an ESPN channel.

Doubt it- use your DVR. While the unpacking and laundry is being done order a pizza and watch the game.- Do not read the sports page- that way the game is"new"

Carole

Well this: http://www.cbssports.com/cbssports/schedules/page/collegefootball

shows that CBS is planning on having a SEC Game of the week #1 for Friday, Nov 26th. Reducing the odds that ESPN will carry it.

Cynthia,

I guess you could always record it on the DVR? Not really the same though is it.

What time of day is the game? Could you get checked in an then go to a sports bar? That probably wouldn't work either? I think we depart at 5:00.

AM Radio?

Well what about internet or mobile phone. You could at least monitor the scores and get real time updates.

My husband is a life long Lions fan, but I don't think he's expecting much of them on Thanks Giving so we will miss the game while we are traveling to Ft. Lauderdale.

Cynthia,

I guess you could always record it on the DVR? Not really the same though is it.

What time of day is the game? Could you get checked in an then go to a sports bar? That probably wouldn't work either? I think we depart at 5:00.

AM Radio?

Well what about internet or mobile phone. You could at least monitor the scores and get real time updates.

My husband is a life long Lions fan, but I don't think he's expecting much of them on Thanks Giving so we will miss the game while we are traveling to Ft. Lauderdale.

Hi Suzanne,:) the time of the game has not been set yet. Will probably

be a 3:30 game on CBS or a 7:30 night game on ESPN.

When both are SEC teams, and it is the IRON BOWL they usually get

the "Prime spot". The tv schedules and timing of everything won't

be released for a while.

Archived