Kids in the Elevator - Got Tomato Juice?

Ashpalo

Welcome to my world! I have taught lovely 8th graders for 25 years. This is exactly how they act!!

Countdown to retirement and cruising in January, February, late April, May, September, October, November and December: 5 years.....

It was a little rude and a little out of line, but nothing horrendous like I thought it would be. When I read the first post, I was expecting world war 3.

I remember being young and being really really stupid, this borders on being stupid, and little rude but not the end of the world.

Welcome to my world! I have taught lovely 8th graders for 25 years. This is exactly how they act!!

Countdown to retirement and cruising in January, February, late April, May, September, October, November and December: 5 years.....

If this is how the "lovely 8th graders" act, is it not because everyone before you failed to teach them responsibility and how to act (peers, parents, school, community, etc. etc.)?

No one in the elevator bothered to say, boys, don't you think you should tone it down a little? Everyone seems to turn away and just count down until the ride is over....

If this is how the "lovely 8th graders" act, is it not because everyone before you failed to teach them responsibility and how to act (peers, parents, school, community, etc. etc.)?

No one in the elevator bothered to say, boys, don't you think you should tone it down a little? Everyone seems to turn away and just count down until the ride is over....

See, if it had been me entering the elevator, and they were screaming at me "How's your cruise?" I would have given them my patented "School teacher disproval" look, asked them to turn off the camera since they don't have my approval to film me, and then stayed on there making THEM uncomfortable until they left.

And yes, I've done that to others riding the elevator before (minus the camera -- that's a new one!)

Once a school teacher, always a school teacher. Can't turn it off!

See, if it had been me entering the elevator, and they were screaming at me "How's your cruise?" I would have given them my patented "School teacher disproval" look, asked them to turn off the camera since they don't have my approval to film me, and then stayed on there making THEM uncomfortable until they left.

And yes, I've done that to others riding the elevator before (minus the camera -- that's a new one!)

Once a school teacher, always a school teacher. Can't turn it off!

I might have prefaced with it was fine until I had to deal with you.

Returned the favor with taking a picture of them and turning over to security to find their parents. No part of the cruise contract requires me to be tolerant of, nor baby sit, juveniles, of any age.

I don't think there were girls in this group of kids,

13 year old boys sound like girl,

They had a part two and three and four posted also...OMG, I just kept hoping they would get caught.

So yes, if that is the worst thing they ever do, their folks are lucky.

But really, they could be so much more than that.

Sad really...I work in a small mom and pop Store in a small town,

and it really is Crazy to see kids with and with out there parents.

As yes I call them on their Behavior, and would have these boys also.

And then there a MANY, who behalf as reg 13 year olds, with out being Stupid and Obnoxious.

I love Small town USA, where the boys all still go fishing daily in the summer, and the girls all sit at the edge of the river, hoping the boys will take notice.

These kids were feeding off each other...

I don't want to be on an elevator with them or a Stupid and obnoxious Drunk!

Normal Drunk and Normal kids I am good with...

this is not normal behavior for 13 yr olds,

it is the behavior that happens when kids think they won't get caught by their Parents, or think the teacher won't tell.

I bet the parents would be horrified to see these u-tubes,

But busy as we all are, why would they be looking...

Their Kids are perfect angels, just ask them...

I bow at your feet! God bless ya, I would get fired within the first 20 minutes!

This makes it harder for us teens to do anything on ships these days. I am four-teen year old and these people make me mad. I am a complete gentle-man compared to these hooligans

But they do make you look so much better!!!

This are the under achievers in school, but then again, they could end up being film makers.

You stay a Gentleman it is so much nicer to be around your kind...

Sad to say, but I think they were acting more like 9 or 10, not 13.

You know if this is the worst thing that these kids do then they are doing good. They are just acting 13 which is very nice to see. Some kids I see wanna grow up too quick. There fair was paid and if they wanna spend there entire cruise riding the elevator asking people if the are enjoying their cruise so be it. It really would not bother me.

Unreal..

I would call security on the little losers. Not funny, very annoying

I was searching for videos on YouTube for the Elation and came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvyTe6Q_ljo

If you can suffer through it - notice how the poor innocent "victims" immediately get back off the elevator.

I think I will have to bring a spray bottle of tomato juice in case I run into these kiddos!!!

Ashley :)

The one behind the camera was annoying some kids are at that age. I've seen worse. A couple of months ago I came across a video of teens in the elevator playing mini golf from floor to floor. Here it is.

I don't understand the tomato juice reference the op originally referenced. Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks!

Talli

How old? It doesn't seem to be at near the top of the hits. :confused:

It was the "Ideas on jerks blocking the stairs" thread. It was an entertaining thread.

This makes it harder for us teens to do anything on ships these days. I am four-teen year old and these people make me mad. I am a complete gentle-man compared to these hooligans

And... you live in a really cool town!!! :D

I agree that what they were doing was not criminal or really, really bad - but it is very annoying to other people who are trying to enjoy their vacation. My question is - if this is the stuff they do and post on YouTube - what are they doing that is not "postable"??

I was thinking am I missing something. I kept watching the video waiting for something to happen.

Exactly. That's almost 9 minutes of my life that I won't get back.

And this is exactly the reason why I rarely click on links like that, what a waste of time.

the one behind the camera was super annoying. What i dont like is people thinking its ok to video tape others and post it. I wouldnt want to be on someones youtube video for all to see.

It is ok.

There is no law against it. Im taking up photography (again after 20 years from it) and with regards to capturing images/videos you would be surprised by what you can record/film/snap especially if it is NOT for gain.

But they do make you look so much better!!!

This are the under achievers in school, but then again, they could end up being film makers.

You stay a Gentleman it is so much nicer to be around your kind...

Sad to say, but I think they were acting more like 9 or 10, not 13.

Wow. You can get their achievement level from watching the video? You are good. Oh by the way THIS ARE THE UNDER ACHIEVERS IN SCHOOL??

Seriously I think some people cannot enjoy themselves no matter what. They just walk around and look for things they can complain about. Heck I would have gave the kids an interview if I was on the elevator with them. They were enjoying themselves and I did not see them hurt anyone, or vandalize anything. I am sure some of you would rather see them in the teen club out of sight vegging out on video games so you don't have to see such improper children.

It is ok.

There is no law against it. Im taking up photography (again after 20 years from it) and with regards to capturing images/videos you would be surprised by what you can record/film/snap especially if it is NOT for gain.

Not if you copyright your own image ... ;)

Not if you copyright your own image ... ;)

hmm I would debate that....as you cant really copyright your own image PRIOR to it being an image.

"Copyright is a form of protection grounded in the U.S. Constitution and granted by law for original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Copyright covers both published and unpublished works."

However I wont debate that as this is not the place to do it and I dont need to get into any more trouble then I already am.... :cool::eek::cool:

hmm I would debate that....as you cant really copyright your own image PRIOR to it being an image.

"Copyright is a form of protection grounded in the U.S. Constitution and granted by law for original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Copyright covers both published and unpublished works."

However I wont debate that as this is not the place to do it and I dont need to get into any more trouble then I already am.... :cool::eek::cool:

I'd comment on getting in trouble, but I don't want to be a nuisance. ;)

I LOVE the response from one of the two young girls that got on the elevator:

*Annoying Boy with Camera* "Are ya'll enjoying your cruise?"

to which the young girl (likely the same age as the annoying kid) gives him the hairy eyeball, turns her head in disgust and says, "Not now"

I'm sure the parents of these boys would say..."It's my boy's vacation too!"

:rolleyes:

Long cruises, off season. It's the only way to go peacefully. :)

The sad part is that I have seen much worse behavior from adults on all of my cruises. all these kids were doing is was kids acting like kids. Like others have said if that is the worse these kids did on this cruise its a good day.

It's likely that kids starting out like this turn into ther adults of which you speak.

And... you live in a really cool town!!! :D

I agree that what they were doing was not criminal or really, really bad - but it is very annoying to other people who are trying to enjoy their vacation. My question is - if this is the stuff they do and post on YouTube - what are they doing that is not "postable"??

That stuffs on red tube. I mean that's what I've heard.

Archived