Kids in the Elevator - Got Tomato Juice?

Ashpalo

As an FYI, if you do find yourself with a camera in your face or do find unexpected video of yourself on YouTube, you can contact YouTube and have it removed. Just explain it was filmed and posted without your consent.

LOL...thank you for the PSA.

I really wasn't aware that you could do that.....

I will try to remain out of reach of any video cameras, but this is good to know (just in case) :p

LOL...thank you for the PSA.

I really wasn't aware that you could do that.....

I will try to remain out of reach of any video cameras, but this is good to know (just in case) :p

"The More You Know!"

*starwipe*

*fade to black*

As an FYI, if you do find yourself with a camera in your face or do find unexpected video of yourself on YouTube, you can contact YouTube and have it removed. Just explain it was filmed and posted without your consent.

As I would like to learn more of this and make sure I am doing things right could you please provide information on this?

I can find if you are the copyright owner of material posted but not where if someone post a video of you in it.

Feel free to email me photos at facciolli dot com if you would like.

"These days there's a good likelihood that you might get caught on camera if you're in a public place - whether it be a security camera or a tourist who inadvertently captures your image in their video. If you're complaining about a video that shows you in passing while you're in a public place, chances are we won't take action on your complaint unless you're clearly identified or identifiable in the video."

As I would like to learn more of this and make sure I am doing things right could you please provide information on this?

I can find if you are the copyright owner of material posted but not where if someone post a video of you in it.

Feel free to email me photos at facciolli dot com if you would like.

"These days there's a good likelihood that you might get caught on camera if you're in a public place - whether it be a security camera or a tourist who inadvertently captures your image in their video. If you're complaining about a video that shows you in passing while you're in a public place, chances are we won't take action on your complaint unless you're clearly identified or identifiable in the video."

It's not about the recording, it's about the use of the recording for public display -- which YouTube is included. If you're clearly identifiable in the video, and you knew it was going to be used for broadcast purposes, it's uusually posted as such so you avoid the area where it's shooting. Or, walk through it if you don't care (hence how I'm in street scenes of The Office, 30 Rock and The Devil Wears Prada) Or, if it's a news crew, they shoot from the neck down (Fox 5 smoking headless body here). Most production companies and news crews know the laws better than you and I.

But, if you get have some kid running around with a video camera clearly shooting faces and then posting the content, and you don't want your image up there and haven't consented to it's use, you can simply notify YouTube and ask to have it removed. I've had friends who did this so that ... shall we say incriminating? ... content wasn't floating around the internet. YouTube is usually very compliant in regards to these things.

It's not about the recording, it's about the use of the recording for public display -- which YouTube is included. If you're clearly identifiable in the video, and you knew it was going to be used for broadcast purposes, it's uusually posted as such so you avoid the area where it's shooting. Or, walk through it if you don't care (hence how I'm in street scenes of The Office, 30 Rock and The Devil Wears Prada) Or, if it's a news crew, they shoot from the neck down (Fox 5 smoking headless body here). Most production companies and news crews know the laws better than you and I.

But, if you get have some kid running around with a video camera clearly shooting faces and then posting the content, and you don't want your image up there and haven't consented to it's use, you can simply notify YouTube and ask to have it removed. I've had friends who did this so that ... shall we say incriminating? ... content wasn't floating around the internet. YouTube is usually very compliant in regards to these things.

However (and no offense to Halos) I dont think Halos is identifiable... Wouldnt that make her request be denied?

Now had Halos been throwing up and being unruly and she was identified as such I can see the request as being valid. However I think anything else is permissible.

Case in point the two ladies that got on the elevator. Are you saying they could contact Youtube and have that video removed? Just because they were in it?

I scoured youtube and that above quote is from their site and it doesnt seem like they would honor the request.

How sad is it that a 13 year old kid with a video camera asking you if you are enjoying your cruise upsets you to the point that you need to degrade their education level their parents ability to raise them and point our how much better behaved your kids would be.

I know

They were being silly , Not causeing any real harm.

What those kids were doing was the equivelant of our generation ringing a doorbell and running or making a prank phone call (You got Prince Albert in a can?")

However (and no offense to Halos) I dont think Halos is identifiable... Wouldnt that make her request be denied?

Now had Halos been throwing up and being unruly and she was identified as such I can see the request as being valid. However I think anything else is permissible.

Case in point the two ladies that got on the elevator. Are you saying they could contact Youtube and have that video removed? Just because they were in it?

I scoured youtube and that above quote is from their site and it doesnt seem like they would honor the request.

You know what, Aknot, I think you're intelligent enough to understand what the difference between "in passing" and being the subject of questions. I also think you're intelligent enough to know the difference between identifiable and not identifiable. I do believe you mentioned being in law enforcement at one point, so I would hope the difference between identifiable and not identifiable would be, shall we say, evident? ;) Just like I think you're intelligent enough to know that "having a camera in your face" is not the same thing as being taped "in passing".

I know

They were being silly , Not causeing any real harm.

What those kids were doing was the equivelant of our generation ringing a doorbell and running or making a prank phone call (You got Prince Albert in a can?")

meh.. we did it without being seen. Not that it makes it ok. Did we get in trouble if caught (stupid call back technology.!!!)? Did some of us learn that its best not to do something such as that? Did some of us NOT do it while our friends did?

I dont think most of us are saying they are devil spawn. Just that to "publicly" do stuff like that is by most people unacceptable behavior. Then to video tape it AND post it.... well... its like a slap in the face.

You know what, Aknot, I think you're intelligent enough to understand what the difference between "in passing" and being the subject of questions. I also think you're intelligent enough to know the difference between identifiable and not identifiable. I do believe you mentioned being in law enforcement at one point, so I would hope the difference between identifiable and not identifiable would be, shall we say, evident? ;) Just like I think you're intelligent enough to know that "having a camera in your face" is not the same thing as being taped "in passing".

Yes to most of those.... well all of them. However ;) I really cant wrap around camera in your face as mentioned by Halos then by you.

Halos may see what happened to those two ladies as a camera in their face. However I may see "in your face" as following someone around being all up in their business filming it.

You (IMO) had made it sound that if anyone was filmed and placed on youtube they could request and have it removed.

Thats all.

Yes to most of those.... well all of them. However ;) I really cant wrap around camera in your face as mentioned by Halos then by you.

Halos may see what happened to those two ladies as a camera in their face. However I may see "in your face" as following someone around being all up in their business filming it.

You (IMO) had made it sound that if anyone was filmed and placed on youtube they could request and have it removed.

Thats all.

No, I said "if you do find yourself with a camera in your face or do find unexpected video of yourself on YouTube" (exact quote). I didn't say anything about being background scenery. ;)

meh.. we did it without being seen. Not that it makes it ok. Did we get in trouble if caught (stupid call back technology.!!!)? Did some of us learn that its best not to do something such as that? Did some of us NOT do it while our friends did?

I dont think most of us are saying they are devil spawn. Just that to "publicly" do stuff like that is by most people unacceptable behavior. Then to video tape it AND post it.... well... its like a slap in the face.

Even if they di do it in public They asked a bunch of people how was their cruise and acted silly.

They weren't abusive or vulgar. they didn't make fun of how a person looked or laughed behind their backs .

I just don't see the harm that they did

No, I said "if you do find yourself with a camera in your face or do find unexpected video of yourself on YouTube" (exact quote). I didn't say anything about being background scenery. ;)

but you also said:

"But, if you get have some kid running around with a video camera clearly shooting faces and then posting the content, and you don't want your image up there and haven't consented to it's use, you can simply notify YouTube and ask to have it removed."

Which I believe to be incorrect.

Even if they di do it in public They asked a bunch of people how was their cruise and acted silly.

They weren't abusive or vulgar. they didn't make fun of how a person looked or laughed behind their backs .

I just don't see the harm that they did

Concur.. but its like "taboo" Society says dont do this... so you do it behind closed doors, keep mum about it and enjoy yourself.

With this they are appearing to say I can be obnoxious and who cares. I guess it is just the caviler attitude about it. (on the side I honestly didnt find anything wrong with it... that one voice was kind of annoying yet they may have been close to the mic)

And also not one person (I stopped watching about half way) requested them to "chill". Who knows had someone aske dthey may have complied.

So I see both sides.. :D

but you also said:

"But, if you get have some kid running around with a video camera clearly shooting faces and then posting the content, and you don't want your image up there and haven't consented to it's use, you can simply notify YouTube and ask to have it removed."

Which I believe to be incorrect.

No, if your face is identifiable and you don't want it up there, you can ask to have it removed. Your face, short of a distinctive tattoo, is the most identifiable part of most people, is it not?

Concur.. but its like "taboo" Society says dont do this... so you do it behind closed doors, keep mum about it and enjoy yourself.

With this they are appearing to say I can be obnoxious and who cares. I guess it is just the caviler attitude about it. (on the side I honestly didnt find anything wrong with it... that one voice was kind of annoying yet they may have been close to the mic)

And also not one person (I stopped watching about half way) requested them to "chill". Who knows had someone aske dthey may have complied.

So I see both sides.. :D

But to a 13 yr old there is no fun doing it behind closed doors , those three kids can only have so much fun between themselves asking "How is your cruise" and even they probably didn't see the harm in asking people coming in and out of the elevator.

Whats funny and what is not isn't as refined to a kid as it is to an adult. When you are 13 someone farting is a riot, someone falling is a scream.

Look at these Funniest Video shows. They are a big hit from showing people falling on their asses and getting hit in the head with stuff.

All the teen comedy movies usually get the biggest laughs showing one person performing some type of bodily function and someone else inadvertantly sitting in it, eating it, drinking it or whatever.

Kids don't think of how disgusting it is to be on teh receiveing end , just how funny the prank is.

Susan you are saying it is normal behavior for a 13yo yet then you say

"Some have learned how to behave without constant supervision" are they then not normal?

Im joking a little but to behave without constant supervision is the normal in my book.

To "fart" around with others of your age group and have fun is one thing. However to impose your actions around/on others is bad behavior (adult or not) and is not the norm.

I may burp at the table at home and it be perfectly acceptable however I know it is not around others. (no I dont it is just an example)

My 12yo knows there is a time and a place for everything. Goofing off in the elevator with your peers... fine.. once someone else is entered into the equation it is unacceptable.

Also just for a tip when posting you may want to use line breaks. Reading what is commonly known as a wall of text is difficult for some people.

The behavior of these kids is normal, but most will stop this kind of behavior when someone tells them it is annoying. I'm delighted that your 12yo knows to stop this kind of behavior when someone enters the elevator, but not all kids realize they should stop unless someone reminds them. You evidently have taught your child that proper behavior is expected without your supervision, but not all parents have accomplished that.

The "average" 13 yo will continue to goof off once he has gotten started. If your child is mature enough to recognize when he/she should modify his/her behavior and does modify that behavior in public, your child is ahead of most children that age.

Kids don't always think about the impact of their behavior on adults, and, therefore, sometimes need for someone to remind them. As they mature and develop better social skills and more concern for others, they know when to stop the behavior and behave in more socially appropriately ways.

My original point was that kids aren't bad just because they are engaging in annoying behavior. I am not criticizing anyone's parenting skills or judging their children. I don't have a problem with 13 yo kids having a limited amount of freedom on a cruise ship. I do have a problem with adults who assume all kids are disrespectful and are hooligans. Most are great kids who simply need to be reminded to tone down their behavior. Those kids, such as your child, who already know what is appropriate in different situations don't need reminders. However, some adults don't recognize the difference and label all kids as bad.

No, if your face is identifiable and you don't want it up there, you can ask to have it removed. Your face, short of a distinctive tattoo, is the most identifiable part of most people, is it not?

Yes but I cant identify you by your face. I can see your face and I know it is a face but I cant say identify that face except with general remarks. Blond hair, slender nose. I can not identify it as you. So no it is not easily identifiable.

That is the way I read it.

hmm reading more it does say:

"The complaints we do act on usually involve videos, comments, or other text that contain your image"

Now how in the heck do you prove it is your image?

O well ... luckily I have my own site..

I stand semi corrected. ;)

The behavior of these kids is normal, but most will stop this kind of behavior when someone tells them it is annoying. I'm delighted that your 12yo knows to stop this kind of behavior when someone enters the elevator, but not all kids realize they should stop unless someone reminds them. You evidently have taught your child that proper behavior is expected without your supervision, but not all parents have accomplished that.

The "average" 13 yo will continue to goof off once he has gotten started. If your child is mature enough to recognize when he/she should modify his/her behavior and does modify that behavior in public, your child is ahead of most children that age.

Kids don't always think about the impact of their behavior on adults, and, therefore, sometimes need for someone to remind them. As they mature and develop better social skills and more concern for others, they know when to stop the behavior and behave in more socially appropriately ways.

My original point was that kids aren't bad just because they are engaging in annoying behavior. I am not criticizing anyone's parenting skills or judging their children. I don't have a problem with 13 yo kids having a limited amount of freedom on a cruise ship. I do have a problem with adults who assume all kids are disrespectful and are hooligans. Most are great kids who simply need to be reminded to tone down their behavior. Those kids, such as your child, who already know what is appropriate in different situations don't need reminders. However, some adults don't recognize the difference and label all kids as bad.

Again I dont think people think they are bad.. just that their upbringing was lacking.

Your post (to me) came across as they were acting "normal". Sorry if I read into it as such.

And Thank you for the compliments to my son.. My wife and I pride ourselves on that. We knew it was expected of us especially from our parents/grandparents and we passed it down.

I believe in a good whack once in a while.... however I have yet to exercise that. Here is hoping he continues to be a decent person and not annoy people on forums as does his father.... :D

Yes but I cant identify you by your face. I can see your face and I know it is a face but I cant say identify that face except with general remarks. Blond hair, slender nose. I can not identify it as you. So no it is not easily identifiable.

That is the way I read it.

hmm reading more it does say:

"The complaints we do act on usually involve videos, comments, or other text that contain your image"

Now how in the heck do you prove it is your image?

O well ... luckily I have my own site..

I stand semi corrected. ;)

I sit bored. :p

But to a 13 yr old there is no fun doing it behind closed doors , those three kids can only have so much fun between themselves asking "How is your cruise" and even they probably didn't see the harm in asking people coming in and out of the elevator.

Whats funny and what is not isn't as refined to a kid as it is to an adult. When you are 13 someone farting is a riot, someone falling is a scream.

Look at these Funniest Video shows. They are a big hit from showing people falling on their asses and getting hit in the head with stuff.

All the teen comedy movies usually get the biggest laughs showing one person performing some type of bodily function and someone else inadvertantly sitting in it, eating it, drinking it or whatever.

Kids don't think of how disgusting it is to be on teh receiveing end , just how funny the prank is.

Hey when I was a kid I entertained myself for hours with a rock and a stick... by myself!

I agree with everything except when it spills over into a common area where others are present. Again elevator and just them... goof off have fun. Honestly 3 13yos and a cruise ship they can be kept entertained without "bothering" anyone else.

Yet I did agree with you that no one seemed to ask the kids to stop. Yet going that route could lead to issues also either with them directly or the kids parents...

Its sticky...

Spacewoman: Have you ever traveled the week before Labor Day weekend? We're going Aug. 27-Sept. 4 on Miracle and are wondering if there will be a lot of kids. I'm hoping not so much since most schools will be starting three days after the cruise docks and I'm figuring a lot of people wouldn't want to travel immediately before school starts. Just wondering thanks.

This is why me and the hubby travel in September.

Last July cruise we ever took, there was ketchup sprayed all over an entire elevator, they were running back and forth on the Lido deck above us at 2 in the morning, they were turning over the do not disturb signs on door knobs and in subsequent cruises Carnival security employees have told us that security cameras and the like are damaged every summer. She told us they dread working June, July and August. The comment was "we do not act like this in my country" We told the lady neither did we in this country 30 years ago.

One last comment I watched this again and it is one kid who is pushing the buttons to stop at multiple floors tying up the elevator which I could see people complaining about. If you notice the camera operator and the self proclaimed elevator operator tell him to not do that. It appears they are aware of that being an issue and don't want to get into any trouble. The rest of what they are doing seems harmless.

Great! Just want I want to feel on my vacation. Awkward and uncomfortable. :rolleyes: I guess thats why we take the stairs everywhere. These boards have educated us on where to avoid the kids and elevators seemed to be one of the main places they congregate. We also take the stairs to counter all the yumminess we consume while we cruise.

Our last cruise had 1100 kids (reportedly) and oddly enough they didnt bother me too much. Mostly, at night, we saw them sitting around the lido deck pool just hanging out and talking.

Oh, and I am not a kid-hater...I have two teenagers myself (both boys 15 and 17). They have not been on a cruise yet. Maybe when they hit 18. :p

Archived