Do You Really Care?

I also don't care how much money you have (class isn't measured in dollars), what your problems are (I have a few of my own), or how cute you think your kids/grandkids/pets are (mine are soooo much cuter!) :D

I DO care who the cruise director is IF he or she keeps making loud, long-winded speeches that interrupt my afternoon nap!

And here is a corollary list:

Do you really need to know before you go:

-- What brand of ketchup is used on board?

-- Where all the outlet plugs in the room are located?

-- What's on the menu in the main dining room every night?

-- Exactly how many hangers are in the closet?

-- What movies will be shown?

-- Whether or not you can expect a towel animal?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not joking, it did happen. Giving them the benefit of the doubt I think the person pushing the wheelchair was blind and deaf! We just let it go and went on to enjoy the cruise. No damage done.

Happened to me too.:(

Do you really care:

Who I am talking to on the phone or what we are talking about? Not in the least... so why not lock your cell phone and walkie talkie in the safe and enjoy your cruise!?!

• If I would rather not say hello but just sit and veg?

"DO YOU REALLY CARE?"

Yep, I would care and even feel slightly annoyed and bugged:D A warm smile or hello is being curteous.

I don't care how you dress for dinner (your poor dressing will only make me look better) , if you are a chair hogger (don't need the sun), if you followed the tipping guidelines (your business), if you smoke on your balcony (wouldn't mind sharing a real Cuban if available:p), if you sneak booze in your luaggge, just don't ask me what's in mine (mutal respect), if you share a soda card (unless you stick to each other like white on rice, it won't make a different). The card holder will never be around when you need that soda the most. If you leave your unused coffee card in your will to your grandkids (more than my grandmama left me).

• If I wear the same clothes two days in a row?
    Not any of my business. If I thought it was my business it would be MY prblem NOT yours! ;)
  • If I eat in the buffet the entire cruise?
    I personally wouldnt but everyone is different so NO i wouldnt care! Now if my Wife wants to I my care becuase I wanna eat in the MDR everynight cause usually for us an elegant night out consists of pulling my pickup truck into the Logans Parking lot and once inside ording from the 2 meals for 14.99 menu! But hey to each his own so NO I would not care!
    I would not care in a way But it may just come across as rude adn my wife and I probably would not speak to you the rest of the cruise because we would think your are anti-social!
  • If I wear casual clothes the entire week?
    Would not care - None of my business.
  • If I wear my hair VERY DIFFERENTLY than you?
    I would actually ask you about it and say it was cool because my wife and I are different than most people and when somone does somthing different we compliment them! so NO PLEASE DO!
  • If I spend all my money on playing Bingo? How do you know that? Because every time YOU see ME I'm playing it.
    Its your Money! We are going to play it too!
  • If I don't know every last thing at the trivia game because I'm only playing for the fun of it, not for the opportunity to win another luggage tag.
    Despite what I say about me being a genius none of us knows everything and if its not just for fun then why do it, so NO wouldnt care!
  • If I'm the first one in the theatre at night and I ALWAYS have a good seat.
    Wouldnt care but would try to beat you to it each night! ;)
  • If I'm Line Dancing and in no way does it resemble a line!
    I never been dancing but my wife says I am going to so I am sure mine wont even resemble a circle! so NO!wouldnt care!
  • If I allow people in wheelchairs and the elderly to get on and off the elevator first?
    YES MAKE THOSE CRAZIES WAIT! j/k No wouldnt care!
  • If I take your hand when you're struggling to get into the tender boat?
    PLEASE! my wife is clumsy and falls alot and I wouldnt want her to fall off the boat!
  • If I say Good Morning instead of having a "scowl" on my face!
    Hmm thought you said you wouldnt have said hi, that you would "veg". of course no wouldnt mind. BE SOCIALABLE! BTW Heres mine
  • Moved your towel that has been there 3 hours so I can sit?
  • Did not veg the whole trip because I would feel lazy and have to keep busy?
  • spent all port time off ship because I like to enjoy life instead of being lazy and watch it pass me by?
  • Didnt buy cheap tourist crap but instead bought real art from artists homes instead of on teh boat which isnt even real art?
  • ran naked down the hallway COMPLETELY SOBER?
  • didnt spend more than 2 or 3 hundred onboard?
  • listend to my caribean inspired punk rock on my MP3!
  • told you I HATE JIMMY BUFFET
  • tried to get the Dj to play some iggy pop or Cramps?
  • drunk imports cause domestic suck?
  • prepaid my drinks?
  • won the jackpot after only spending $20?
  • wandered teh ship at 2or 3 am looking for somthing to do?

And here is a corollary list:

Do you really need to know before you go:

-- What brand of ketchup is used on board?

-- Where all the outlet plugs in the room are located?

-- What's on the menu in the main dining room every night?

-- Exactly how many hangers are in the closet?

-- What movies will be shown?

-- Whether or not you can expect a towel animal?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Amen--couldn't have said it better !!!

Nancy:D

Who the captain or cruise director are

I have to respectfully disagree. The Captain makes a huge difference in how a ship is run. We cruised on Celebrity Infinity, and the cruise had a lot of major glitches. It was so disappointing that we considered not going on that ship again. But, Infinity was doing a great Panama cruise at a good price, so we booked it and we were amazed by the change. We asked a crew member why the difference for the better, and he said it was because the new Captain demanded a better, and harder working crew and did not accept mediocrity.

Yep, I would care and even feel slightly annoyed and bugged:D A warm smile or hello is being curteous.

I don't care how you dress for dinner (your poor dressing will only make me look better) , if you are a chair hogger (don't need the sun), if you followed the tipping guidelines (your business), if you smoke on your balcony (wouldn't mind sharing a real Cuban if available:p), if you sneak booze in your luaggge, just don't ask me what's in mine (mutal respect), if you share a soda card (unless you stick to each other like white on rice, it won't make a different). The card holder will never be around when you need that soda the most. If you leave your unused coffee card in your will to your grandkids (more than my grandmama left me).

Due respect, but that's a shame. I can't imagine being bugged or annoyed if someone didn't automatically respond to me. It's interesting how we assume that everyone must want to give a warm smile or say hello whenever a stranger speaks to them and that if they don't they are rude. We would almost certainly smile and say hello, but we've encountered people who then take that as an invitation for in-depth conversation and who get angry and offended if we say, "We'd rather have a quiet time." Even on vacation people shouldn't feel as if they must react as others assume they should. It's rather like the automatic "How are you?" that everyone says, not really caring in the least how a stranger actually "is." The expected response is "fine" or "great" or "good," so why even bother asking because it's a rare occasion that the asker wants the truth. And yes, I understand it's become an ingrained social custom; I just think it's a silly and pointless one.

(Aside to chasm4u: I'm sorry that you would consider it so rude that you'd ignore another passenger for the remainder of a cruise or assume that because at one specific instance they wanted to be left alone that they are anti-social. There are all kinds of reasons why someone might want to be left alone or not feel like saying hello at the moment, but that doesn't mean they are not interested in meeting people or socializing most of the time.)

beachchick

• If I spend all my money on playing Bingo? How do you know that? Because every time YOU see ME I'm playing it.
  • If I don't know every last thing at the trivia game because I'm only playing for the fun of it, not for the opportunity to win another luggage tag.
  • If I allow people in wheelchairs and the elderly to get on and off the elevator first?

And, if I sit and "people watch" instead of drinking my way through the cruise.......Do you really care?

Nope. Not in the least.

Nope, I dont really, I think everyone needs to enjoy the cruise in their own way, as long as they dont step on fellow cruisers toes.

I really prefer having dinner in the main dining room, but in the interest of keeping my luggage/packing and lugging under control, I am seriously considering wearing the same formal dress and shoes twice. :eek: Dont tell.

Karen

i wont tell if you dont tell that im not only planning on wearing the same formal dress twice but im even planning on wearing my shorts and god forbid my sundresses more than once on the same cruise.

And, if I sit and "people watch" instead of drinking my way through the cruise.......Do you really care?

What's your favorite "DO YOU REALLY CARE?"

if i was on the same cruise i would love you to say good morning if we met i think i would really care if you didnt and wore a scowl instead

Archived