Flight connection

pal4404

Hey nashville, TN - I'm from Maryville, TN (near Knoxville). I'm going to alaska next May 21, 2011. I've been looking at the same times and it looks like to me there aren't any good times that leave Vancouver or leaving Knoxville either - Hope you have better luck in Nashville. Can I ask how much you paid for your plane ticket, mine is looking at 670.00 from Knox. Hope you'll write back and let us know how Alaska is. A few people from other posts said walk off w/ your luggage and take a taxi or the train and you'll be fine - someone else will be able to answer as I haven't been yet :)

It could be very tight. I would have gone with an afternoon flight. You need to be in the first group off the ship and I would also have a private car wating for me. While some will say they did this without a problem it can be a problem depending on arrival times, ships clearances, lines, etc., etc.

Keith

You have an iffy chance of making this, UNLESS you get US Direct. If you don't, You need to allow at least a 2 hour window, at the airport, 30 minutes of travel time to get there, AND customs has to clear the ship. Lines can be extremely long on cruise days, and if flying into the US, you are waiting in three. To check your bags, go through security, go through customs. I have personally been in these combo lines for 2 1/2 hours. I always self disembark and am off the ship first, know my way around and get out. IF you have any mobility limitations etc. A later flight is recommended.

Finally, if you continue with this time, it would be of benefit, to find out, what restrictions your ticket may have, AND if it has any value if you miss it?? Do not expect to get out the same day, if you do miss your flight. Flights are full to oversold on cruiseship days.

The whole problem will be solved, if you arrange and pay for US Direct, assuming your airline participates.

With only the Island Princess in Vancouver on August 9th, an 11:30 flight out of Vancouver is doable provided you do one of three things:

1. Your airline is a participant in the US Direct Program and you use it. link

2. You self disembark with all of you luggage and take a cab, drive time 25 mins and fare is about $35.

3. You self disembark with all of your luggage and walk the two blocks to the Waterfront Station and take the new Canada Line out to YVR, the travel time is 26 mins but allow 10 mins on either end waiting for a train and walking, your fare is $3.75 (CDN) pp.

Otherwise consider a later flight time.

Archived