Shampoo and Conditioners??

scalan

This may seem dumb but after 3 Princess cruises I cannot recall if Princess places those little bottles of shampoo and conditioners in the bathrooms. That is probably because I have always packed our own bottles whenever we travel. However, this time I am attempting to lighten the load in any way I can. Anyone remember?

I am not touching the shaving comment.

But, yes, they do supply shampoo & conditioner. Also body lotion. The cabin steward will replenish as needed.

My steward was pretty stingy about replenishing. He was in the bathroom and I asked him for more shampoo. He pointed to a large bottle of sunscreen on the shelf and said "You got a lot of shampoo there". I explained that was sunscreen not shampoo, but I don't think he understood.

The Eucalyptus shampoo etc are perfectly OK but those little bottles drive me crazy. I like something that I don't have to shake and won't fly out of my wet, soapy hand in the shower so, after I fly in to the port (since I always arrive at least a day before), I go to a convenient drug store and buy larger bottles of shampoo, lotion etc and discard them before flying home. Even if you arrive the same day, there's drug stores everywhere, it only takes a minute or two to pick up what you need before you board.

A plus for me is that US prices are generally a lot lower than at home!

The shampoo and hand lotion are Eucalyptus scented. Most people seem to like it but the scent bothers my wife.

I think it's hysterical that the theater smells like eucalyptus at the shows! :D

The shampoo and hand lotion are Eucalyptus scented. Most people seem to like it but the scent bothers my wife.

Always bring some home and use it when I need cheering up. Just the smell makes me feel better and encourages/reminds me to book another cruise:eek:

This may seem dumb but after 3 Princess cruises I cannot recall if Princess places those little bottles of shampoo and conditioners in the bathrooms. That is probably because I have always packed our own bottles whenever we travel. However, this time I am attempting to lighten the load in any way I can. Anyone remember?

Yes it is supplied and I think it smells great. :)

What about shower gel in non-suites; is it available at all? I really liked the stuff that Holland America provides-from Elemis, I think.

The body wash is in the upgraded amenities for suites/elites etc. But if you ask Stewart nicely he may get some for you.

As long as it doesn't smell like WET Eucalyptus. *laugh*

I'll definitely be taking my own shampoo and conditioner. Maybe I'll even invest in some of the Green Apple Suave conditioner again. (Smells like an apple orchard!)

Oh, the decisions that have to be made when traveling.

GreySkies

Archived