2 months to go and I am morphing into Cruise Mode!

In 2 months I will be stepping onto the Freedom of the Seas for the first time! Since all of my other Royal cruises have been on Sovereign class ships...I feel like this is my first "big-girl" cruise with Royal. :p

I have copied and printed out the daily activities, the menu and shore excursions descriptions. I have read reviews, and studied the deck plans. I have noted the tips and the Do-Not-Miss lists.

All I can say is that I hope I can concentrate at work as each successive week goes by! If I am this obsessed already, I am going to be hard to live with the closer we get. .

Cruise mode is taking over my body! I hear island music where there is none, I see blue water in my mind, and I swear I can feel the ocean breeze through my hair.

Is there anything I can do to get through the next 2 months?

I totally understand. I am going on my first RCCL cruise on the LOS and I have been in cruise mode since Jan. LOL! I sometimes dream about sitting outside and hearing the waves. My boyfriend thinks that I am going crazy. I actually opened my luggage this past weekend and put things inside. I created my island playlist on my Ipod so that everytime I get stressed at work I can just put that on and I am in another world. Have a great cruise!!!

I keep trying to remind myself of just how precious this time leading up to the cruise actually is. This is when the excitement builds. If this time rushes by too quickly, so will the cruise, and that would be an absolute shame!

Enjoy this "anticipatory" time....once you're on the ship, the days will FLY past, and it will all be over! I know you can't wait, but don't rush it!!!!!

I totally agree. I was counting down the days last year and once we got on the Monarch those 4 days were over and I was SO upset when we had to leave the ship. I find myself saying "2 months from today we will be driving down!" I definately don't want to rush it because like you said it will be over before ya know it!

HAVE A GREAT TIME! I'm looking forward to Freedom of the Seas next October!

I got out of and am now back in cruise mode and all I have is the slight possibility of going on a cruise...in DECEMBER. I won't know for another week if I can even DO it and I'm already in cruise mode.

What I would now do if I were you is stop doing so much research. Try to experience the ship without knowing every single thing there is to know, ESPECIALLY the daily activities (which could change based on the CD anyway).

I joined CC at the end of 2000 and prior to that, I went into every cruise completely blind, which is sometimes better than what we all learn now.

I totally understand. I am going on my first RCCL cruise on the LOS and I have been in cruise mode since Jan. LOL! I sometimes dream about sitting outside and hearing the waves. My boyfriend thinks that I am going crazy. I actually opened my luggage this past weekend and put things inside. I created my island playlist on my Ipod so that everytime I get stressed at work I can just put that on and I am in another world. Have a great cruise!!!

The Liberty is a great ship..........ENJOY!!

HA Marylou, you are NOT kidding. I totally agree and am desperately trying to think of something to do. We have everything planned and prepared so NOW WHAT?!!?!?!?! The good news is that I lost my packing lists when I had to reformat my laptop (thought I'd already backed up that folder but alas, I had not) so at least I had to do that one again. That gave me something to occupy my time for an evening, but again... NOW WHAT?!?!?!?!

ARGH!! September isn't coming fast enough!

~Lisa :p

I always get into "cruise mode" right after I book the trip. For the next month or so I am on cruise critic about 70 times a day, researching and reviewing everything and anything. But then it dies down until the few weeks before sailing. Then I am in "express cruise mode".

(thread hijack) - amybeth4, I'm with you on your "SS Norway (sigh)". I miss that ship.

I have been in cruise mode since February and I am soooo excited especially since this is my first cruise. I am constantly on CC but now since I have paid for the cruise and travel/hotel etc I only have a few things left to finalize but the excitement factor is still alive and well. I know I will have a great time...I can feel it everyday!

Why not book a 3 night on the Monarch in Aug to help the time go by quicker? ;)

well, I wish I could use this suggestions, but the fact is that my cruise in September will actually be my 3rd this year, and I have #4 for this year booked for November (birthday cruise!). Granted the first two were weekenders, and the November is a 4-nighter - but don't think I can do another cruise until September...darn it! :p

We booked in May and I have been on CC so much DH thinks I am a bit obsessed, that's okay though. Our first cruise is just 25 days away :D I am still having a hard time trying to figure out what to do when we are in Nassau, there are so many things I would like to try!

Archived