Question about up sell fairy

VolzCruiser

I know that there are many threads about the up sell fairy but my question is a bit different. I got a call yesterday from the up sell fairy and it was quite a nice up sell going from a 8d cabin to balcony suite. I thought the price was quite nice and would have jumped on it, if money wasn't so tight due to a job loss. So my question is has anyone ever gotten the call from an up sell fair for another cruise down the line after getting the first? Thanks in advance the replies.

We got the call for our last 2 cruises, took one said no way to the other. The one for upfrade to a GS we jumped on good price and we never had a GS. The other was $800 for a GS way to much. They will not haggle either. What price they give you is it. I love to haggle but it didn't work. Maybe next time. I got 3 booked lets see what happens. seems to be around 30 days out is when they call.

When does the upsell Fairy start to work her magic? We are going on Paradise in November and have 2 inside rooms booked on the Empress deck. Wouldnt mind a good upsell as long as the price is good.

Was anyone booked thru a TA when they received the call?

I use a TA and have never been called, but I do receive nice upgrades when I book GTY which I dont do often & that may have to do with being Platinum???

The last upgrade I got was on my 9th cruise. I got the call that they were changing my cabin to a Verandah Suite. I asked how much it was going to cost me, they said it was free, all I had to do was show up. I did have to reprint my baggage tags and when I did they said VIP because of the suite, so I got to enjoy priority boarding the cruise before going Platinum.

Archived