Urgent help re ccl shares

lyntony

Can someone explain to me about On Board Credits for cruises once you own l00 shares of CCL?

I called my travel agent to inquire, because I thought that if I bought l00 shares of CCL, then I would get an OBC on our next cruise (I think it's about $150.00).

She told me that, since I used my Future Cruise Credit of $100.00 to pay for this up-coming cruise, then I would not get the OBC from Carnival. It only works if you book the cruise while not on the ship.

Any comments?.

Thanks so much. My final payment for the cruise is July 21st, and I need 3 business days to get confirmation of my purchase, so I am up against a wall.

Lyndee

If you own 100 shares of Carnival Corporation, you can get an OBC. The amount is $75 to $250 depending on the length of the cruise. If you are sailing Princess, after you make final payment, send proof of your holding to:

FAX the request (include stock ownership paperwork) to Liza McDaniel at 661-753-0180. Include your name, sailing date, ship name and booking number. Ask for a confirmation by email to make sure it has arrived and been accepted.

Email address: lmcdaniel@princesscruises.com

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0180

Sorry, but your TA has no idea what they are talking about..........gotta love the misinformation some TA's pass along, makes me go Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It doesn't matter how you booked or what you used to secure the booking, you can still receive the onboard credit for the ownership of CCL stock if you fax the proof of ownership to Liza.

Thanks so much everyone. I have sent an e-mail to Liza.

I might be too late anyway, since the TA said I can't delay the final payment by a day or two

You have plenty of time. You send your CCL stock info to Liza anytime AFTER you make final payment.

Note that cabin class affects it as well.

There's a 'Definitive Shareholder Benefit' thread on here. Can't link to it easily on my iPad, but its usually on the first page of topics...

If you own 100 shares of Carnival Corporation, you can get an OBC. The amount is $75 to $250 depending on the length of the cruise. If you are sailing Princess, after you make final payment, send proof of your holding to:

FAX the request (include stock ownership paperwork) to Liza McDaniel at 661-753-0180. Include your name, sailing date, ship name and booking number. Ask for a confirmation by email to make sure it has arrived and been accepted.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0180

As Largin says, you can't send your request until after final payment. It has to get to Liza a few days before you sail to give her time to process it. I usually send my request 3 or 4 days after final payment.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0180

Liza has a new fax number... 661-753-0151. Her direct number is the same.

A quick add on question for the experts. I've only done the shareholder request once (on our last cruise). When you say you can submit it after final payment, does that mean the official formal payment date - or whenever you actually pay off the cruise? We've paid off the last few early for credit card reward purposes, so that is the reason for the question.

A quick add on question for the experts. I've only done the shareholder request once (on our last cruise). When you say you can submit it after final payment, does that mean the official formal payment date - or whenever you actually pay off the cruise? We've paid off the last few early for credit card reward purposes, so that is the reason for the question.
You send the "Paid in full" confirmation after you have paid for the cruise. This confirms your booking # to Liza and that you've paid in full. Your TA should send/give you a confirmation that you've paid. If they don't, make sure you let Liza know you've paid in full and provide your name as it's on your booking and your booking #.

You send the "Paid in full" confirmation after you have paid for the cruise. This confirms your booking # to Liza and that you've paid in full. Your TA should send/give you a confirmation that you've paid. If they don't, make sure you let Liza know you've paid in full and provide your name as it's on your booking and your booking #.

I have never sent anything to Liza showing that I had made the final payment and she never asked for it.

I have never sent anything to Liza showing that I had made the final payment and she never asked for it.

Agree.. Liza pops your booking number into her computer and it tells her if you made final payment or not.

Thanks Pam

Pam, I have never needed to do that in the past (is this something new)? All I have had to do is to send my booking number, cabin number, sailing date, and ships name along with my proof of stock ownership to Liza. She has taken it from there. But we have never had to send the 'paid in full' notice from our TA. If it something new, then I need to make sure to wait for my paid confirmation before I send in the proof of stock ownership in the future.

After I make my final payment I just send my proof of purchase & proof of present ownership documentation via snail mail to:

Princess Cruises

Yields Management

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clara, CA 91355

Att: Investor Relations – Stockholder Benefits Program

My OBC was credited to my account within 7 days from when I mailed it.

I stand corrected. My TA always sends me a "Paid on full" confirmation as soon as I've paid so I just include a copy with my OBC request.

I just email her the details and it gets done. FYI, there is a new email address as well, which goes to Liza (but could be good in case Liza leaves or changes jobs):

shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Can someone explain to me about On Board Credits for cruises once you own l00 shares of CCL?

She told me that, since I used my Future Cruise Credit of $100.00 to pay for this up-coming cruise, then I would not get the OBC from Carnival. It only works if you book the cruise while not on the ship. This mixes up two pieces of mis-information. First, you can only buy a Future Cruise Credit while you are on the ship. You do not have to book the cruise while on the ship to get the OBC that comes with a FCC, Second, although it used to be that you could not get both OBC from a FCC and OBC from being a stockholder. This changed several years go and you can now get both. It does not matter if you book your cruise on a ship or not to get the stockholder's OBS.

Thanks so much. My final payment for the cruise is July 21st, and I need 3 business days to get confirmation of my purchase, so I am up against a wall. Since you cannot apply for the stockholder's OBC until after Princess has received final payment, the only deadline you face is to apply for it not later than about a week before the cruise.

See above in red.

Also remember that owning CCL stock is good for OBC on the other Carnival Corp cruise lines such as HAL, Carnival, Cunard, etc.

I am platinum with Princess and have not heard of this perq. If I own 100 shares of Carnival, I get onboard credit? Is this a 1 time credit or each time I sail credit that I can request? I learn something every day. Thanks for your time and info.

I am platinum with Princess and have not heard of this perq. If I own 100 shares of Carnival, I get onboard credit? Is this a 1 time credit or each time I sail credit that I can request? I learn something every day. Thanks for your time and info.

Everytime you cruise.

Details at http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NDIyNzh8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

It must be reauthorized each year by the board of directors which is why you will see an expiration date in the information.

In the UK all we have to do is email Princess Cruises in Southampton (currently Karen) with our booking reference number. She has the facility to check the shareholder listing to confirm our eligibility. This can only be done within 28 days prior to sailing. No problems experienced, although always check to make sure it is on our account when we board. Just in case we also take a copy of a share certificate showing our shareholder number.

Archived