Another ES Question

pcrum

Hello:

I don't mean to pound this topic to death, but have a question about ES. I know that if you see a lower price from what you booked for your stateroom category, you can get an adjustment. However, we booked a PT (port hole) room, which is priced at the interior rate. Since all the PT rooms are sold out on our sailing (11/20/10 Liberty), when the rate goes down for interior rooms, can we get an adjustment? The PT rooms are priced the same as an interior. My travel agent told me no, since that category is sold out, but to me this seems unfair. There are only a few PT rooms on the ships, so of course they are going to sell out. So, is there NO advantage to booking PT rooms at the ES rate? BTW, the fare I am looking at that is lower than what I paid for is for past guests, which we are. The difference is now about a $100 savings for two.

Thanks for any input.

You would have to upgrade and give up the PT cabin. You cant price match upward, or to a 4A (unless they make a mistake, which we know they are prone to).

Theoretically, if the 4A goes down, you can move to a 4A and price match.

The rules say you cannot match to a sold out category.

The rules say you cannot match to a sold out category.

Wow, then I guess I won't be booking any more PT on ES. PTs sell out every cruise, thus making ES worthless! Thanks for the reply!

If your cat PT is sold out your done, why would carnival drop the price. So unless you upgrade with a ES and get back in the game. Not everybody will see a price go lower in every cat. When you do see a price go down, now is it your cat that went down. Just looked at our 3 cruises today. All 3 went down but only 1 was in the cat we booked. That was for $10, but $10 turnes into $20 OBC to Add to $100 cert we used on that cruise. Does pay to check it out every week. Most times it is never our cat we booked that goes down. Thats life.

Hello:

I don't mean to pound this topic to death, but have a question about ES. I know that if you see a lower price from what you booked for your stateroom category, you can get an adjustment. However, we booked a PT (port hole) room, which is priced at the interior rate. Since all the PT rooms are sold out on our sailing (11/20/10 Liberty), when the rate goes down for interior rooms, can we get an adjustment? NO the ES Terms and conditions allow for price-matching only for same Category. The PT rooms are priced the same as an interior. My travel agent told me no, since that category is sold out, but to me this seems unfair (but in accord with the ES Terms and Conditions). There are only a few PT rooms on the ships, so of course they are going to sell out. So, is there NO advantage to booking PT rooms at the ES rate? that's correct and per the ES Terms and conditions (same Category). BTW, the fare I am looking at that is lower than what I paid for is for past guests, which we are. The difference is now about a $100 savings for two.

Your hope is that later some PT's open-up (not too likely) -or- that a Category above your PT falls below your ES PT rate, in which case you can upgrade and get OBC forthe difference.

Thanks for any input.

Ken

Wow, then I guess I won't be booking any more PT on ES. PTs sell out every cruise, thus making ES worthless! Thanks for the reply!

PTs used to sell as 5A, right below the 6A price. I would book them, and ES is the lowest price usually, and you need to book early to get them. Im not sure I would not book them, just because your chances of a price drop are less.

... and you can always upgrade to a regular inside, if you dont value the PTs and being able to see out and that PTs right now allow you to choose your deck, for the same price.

Hmm... I've gotten three price reductions on my Inspiration porthole cabin. It is booked at the basic interior rate, so now I'm confused!

It's coincidentally listed at the same rate but it IS a different, unique Category. ken

Not everytime. I am booked in a PT for my next 2 cruises and have gotten price drops on both. As of first few days of July our July 26 sailing had 6 pts left. They dropped the price a couple of times and We now have $190.00 OBC. Our October cruise the PTs have now sold out so I guess no more OBC for them unless someone cancels before final payment, which could happen...

If you have that large of price drops uprade to an OV and then you may have better chances of OBC.;)

I got my first OBC from Early Saver today! $60 that was at first denied because they said I was looking at the wrong category.

I'm glad I listened to the posters who said to make a screen shot or copy of the lower rate!

Thanks to experienced cruisers for helping us newer ones!

Thanks everyone for your input. I went ahead and sent in an early saver request form to Carnival even though I booked through the travel agent and they approved it!! Of course I will make sure the credit has applied before we make final payment. I'm not sure why or how they approved it, but I'm taking the credit!!

This will be our first PT room and unless we are really sold on the room, I'm not sure I will be booking a PT again due to the issues with the rooms selling out quickly and the ES guarantee maybe not being applied.

Archived