recommended honeymoon cruise??

kelcy

first, of all, i would like to apologize if this question has already been posted in this forum. it's just that i'm overwhelmed with the number of links and don't know where to start, and my husband and i are first time cruisers so i guess i fit in this section :D so, we're looking for a cruise that will be great for our honeymoon, we are looking for some quite time where we can relax but also a bit of adventure we might get bored relaxing LOL! anyways, hope to hear from all of you :)

No matter what you do I would speak with a travel agent to talk through all of the options that are out there.

Do you have any idea where you want to cruise?

I see you are from the UK so it would be helpful to get a feel for whether you want to cruise in Europe/British Isles or if you want to go a great distance for a cruise.

Keith

first, of all, i would like to apologize if this question has already been posted in this forum. it's just that i'm overwhelmed with the number of links and don't know where to start, and my husband and i are first time cruisers so i guess i fit in this section :D so, we're looking for a cruise that will be great for our honeymoon, we are looking for some quite time where we can relax but also a bit of adventure we might get bored relaxing LOL! anyways, hope to hear from all of you :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic Kelcy. The first thing you should do is consider which cruise line appeals to you. There is a wide variety and each line caters to a different set of passengers.

Royal Caribbean

is very popular among families, their ships offer an endless assortment of onboard activities from rock climbing, water themed play areas, surfing and so on. Their new ships Oasis of the Seas and upcoming Allure have delighted many of the RCI faithful.

Cunard

Perhaps since this is your honeymoon you would like something a little more laid back. Cunard line offers the Queen Mary 2, a stunning ocean liner with elegant public spaces and excellent service.

CelebrityYou might consider one of the new Solstice Class Celebrity ships, Equinox and Solstice, Celebrity's hallmarks include excellent service, beautiful lounges, delicious food.

NCL

is well known for their Anytime Dining where you choose to eat at one of a variety of onboard restaurants at whatever time is most suitable. However, all of the cruise lines have now adopted an anytime dining choice on their ships.

P&O is very popular amongst British travelers. Holland America Line has some beautiful new ships the Noordam, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam all with first class service, delightful public spaces. We spent our honeymoon on the Noordam on a 17-day transatlantic from New York to Rome and met some wonderful new friends and had an incredible time.

Read up on the various lines and when you find a couple that appeal to you figure where you would to sail, a Mediterranean cruise would be perfect since you live in the UK. There are plenty of them departing from Southampton and other bit cities throughout Europe.

Good Luck.

Jonathan

Archived