Carnival Fantasy...would you?

tracyanns

My hubby wants to go on a cruise in a month...we have not booked yet...I have never been on the Fantasy and not sure if we will like it. I have been on the Dream twice and the Jubilee for Carnival...wow, that was a while ago!

Please let me know what you think...it will be me, hubby and 2 girls (9 & 16)

My hubby wants to go on a cruise in a month...we have not booked yet...I have never been on the Fantasy and not sure if we will like it. I have been on the Dream twice and the Jubilee for Carnival...wow, that was a while ago!

Old ship. Go on a newer one.

I much prefer the Spirit Class ships myself. My least favorite cruise was the Fantasy....but that's just my opinion.

We did a back to back on the Fantasy in September and would sail her again in a minute. How can you even question the chance to cruise? lol

I don't normally question the chance to cruise but I do like to know what I am in for...

I know that everyone has their own opinions I just want to make sure there is nothing that should PREVENT me from sailing on her...

I do enjoy the newer ships, but the bells and whistles are not important to me...new is nice but sometimes the older ships have character and charm you don't find on the newer, larger ships...I am sailing the Oasis of the Seas in a few months and won't use half of the things on that ship but I will be paying for them in my fare anyway...

She still has that WOW factor. While sure it's not sleek and new smelling it has been been well maintained. It's not a run down sinking ship ready to scrap. They have added many things to keep it up to date. We are going in Sept. and welcome any hurricane reroute. Can't beat the price and leaving out of Charleston is a plus if you've not been there before.

GO you'll have fun! :) Haven't been on the Fantasy but that class ship is my FAV....seems to be just the right size. Easy to find your way around but not so big you can't find your travel mates if needed. And IMHO the crew on this class ship seems to be a bit more relaxed and enjoyable to be around. On some of the bigger ships they are always rushed to me because they just have so much to do. Try it you might just have the best Cruise ever! ;)

The Fantasy was the first ship I ever cruised on so it will always hold a special place in my heart. With that said the only deciding factor for me (IMO) would be $ otherwise if the price is right I wouldn't give it a second thought and BOOK IT! :D

Like others have mentioned, while it doesn't have all the "bells & whistles" it's still a great ship and if you allow yourself the opportunity...you'll have a grea time.

I thoroughly enjoyed Fantasy when we sailed her. I liked her more than Miracle (but less than the larger ships). She was in great shape - we had our first (and probably only one we'll ever have) Penthouse Suite on her.

My first cruise was on the Fantasy, so I'll always love it! But I really did like the Fantasy. I know that it is an old ship, but it has been renovated and looks modern and updated. I loved the water park at the back of the ship!! :D

I sailed on the Fantasy in early September, 2006. It was my first cruise and I was with my son and his family which included 3 children ages 3-13. We had a WONDERFUL time. I have nothing to compare it to but I loved it. The food was incredible and the beds were so comfortable. Not one complaint do I have. The water was very rough but I didn't even mind that. We are scheduled to go on our second cruise next month and this time it is on the Fascination which is the sister ship that has been remodeled. I say Book it!!

We sailed Fantasy out of NO last October, knowing she was coming to Charleston this year. Fell in love with her the minute we walked on. Booked for this Sept the day we got home. Can't wait to sail her again, and I foresee a few more times, as long as she's in my home state:)

If you enjoyed Jubliee (which was our first cruise) you'll love Fantasy.

Personnaly, my last cruise (last week) was on the Fantasy and i found it just ok. Loved the Waterworks but relaly missed the Seaside theater...The ship décor is ugly (blue carpet, rose neon, etc.) and the embarkation/debarkation in Charleston is a pain in the... compare to Miami or Jax.

No more Fantasy class for me.

I love the Fantasy class ship. I have been on the Fantasy twice and the Elation once. I actually prefer that class of ship better than the Conquest class (Conquest out of Galvaston once.) The Fantasy had been upgraded this last trip so I thought it looked very nice.

Go and enjoy the trip. I bet the kids will love it too!

Fantasy is a great ship. I hope you have a fun cruise.

Archived