Easter (April) 2011- when to book hotel??

lynnquenby

Hi all

We are sailing on Norwegian Epic 23rd April next year and have 3 nights in Miami pre-cruise, 1 night after (7th May).

As we are flying in from the UK and want to make the most of the pre-cruise visit to Miami we were looking at staying in South Beach (as I get the impression that Downtown is OK for 1 night - but not for 3!!) We will stay downtown post cruise as we only need 1 night.

I've looked at a few hotels but am starting to get overwhelmed and confused - I am seriously losing the plot!

My question is therefore, given our stay is just prior to Easter weekend (Wed/Th& Good Friday) should we be booking now to ensure we get somewhere decent? I was hoping to get something as cheap as possible, and was considering booking nearer the time, but then I started to worry we wouldn't get anywhere and might end up paying more! What ball-park figure will be looking at per night for somewhere decent (but not too fancy - unless of course we can get it for a bargain!).

We are not into clubbing (too old now!) but would like somewhere near to restaturants, a few bars, shops and of course the Beach. We won't have a car so it will be taxis and walking.

Any advice on hotel recommendations, for our 3 nights and when best to book would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Book now something that you will be happy with that you can cancel; then keep checking for better deals and change your reservation if you find one.:cool:

For hotel suggestions try Blue Heron's blog as well as these borads and trip advisor. If you provide your rough budget limits as well as the size and make up of your party (kids? seniors?:confused:) board members will be able to offer suggestions on specific hotels.

Good luck!:)

Book now and don't wait. Domestic travel in the US is up and South Florida is a huge Easter market.

Check the Doubletree Surfcomber, South Seas Hotel, and The Shelbourne. In great South Beach locations and oceanfront.

Don't wait.

Thanks for the advice so far!

We are 2 adults (Late 30's) budget max $300 pn.

At the moment thinking of booking a flxible at the doubletree Surfcomber and keeping a check on prices in the hope that something opens up a bit cheaper!

Any more recommendations/suggestions??

Too old for clubbing? A fair number of Miami Beach clubbers are in their 50s and 60s, at least until 2:00 a.m. or so. They can afford it. Easter is high season here. You might find the reading at the link to be interesting:

http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/north-america/united-states/florida/miami/overview.html

LOL! So true because kids cannot afford South Beach.

Great places to relax with a drink in South Beach for the over 40 crowd; rooftop of Gansavoort, Mondrian lobby, Delano pool bar, Sky Bar at The Shore Club.

Archived