Opt-Out for Included Excursions?

Observer

All I can say is WOW, what a thread!

I have never heard so much double speak. One the one hand, Regent is too expensive, on the other, it is the same price as a mass market.

I don't even think that some posters remember what they posted 10 posts ago. They constantly contradict themselves. It may help to reread your posting before you hit that "Post Reply" button.

For the record, put me in the "Love the included excursions category"

Been on them before and after the change and I didn't notice any difference.

+10 commodore 2010 regarding your WOW post. Have been trying to figure out a way to say what you did about some people. You are absolutely correct. Also within some of these peoples posts are direct contradictions as well as these people stating they post only facts based on research and direct experience and in the next sentence is a comment based on what they think and not researched or directly experienced??:eek::eek:

i'd like to roll back the clock. My first Regent Cruise was 9 days, included air and a $400 pp shipboard credit plus a $300 Amex Platnium Credit so we had $1100 for excursions and we got upgraded on a brand new ship to a D Category. The fare was $1900.00. The entertainment was spectacular and we had the time of our lives.

If we had shipboard credit to use for excursions - that would be ideal. Some people might opt for a week of spa treatments in lieu of a bus tour. Some people could drink themselves silly on Premium wines. Or you could do a concierge tour and blow the whole wad at once.

We all have different wants and needs. If Regent stays the same as it is now we will be cruising less on Regent. Our travel dollars are more limited than they used to be and so we will need to take a hard look at alternative lines and ways to travel or travel on Regent less.

+10 commodore 2010 regarding your WOW post. Have been trying to figure out a way to say what you did about some people. You are absolutely correct. Also within some of these peoples posts are direct contradictions as well as these people stating they post only facts based on research and direct experience and in the next sentence is a comment based on what they think and not researched or directly experienced??:eek::eek:

Are you are narrow-minded as your posts suggest? IMO, it's a good thing if someone's mind is changed by what people have posted. Contradictions? Hardly. . . . how about enlightenment? It is really too bad that newbies feel that they know more about Regent than people like ChatKat who has experience and knowledge of the cruise line.

Archived