Flight times on departing day

crazzzielady

I have been on 20 cruises & have always adheard to the "suggested flight times" the lines give- AND usually am sitting in an airport for 4 hrs b/c we "played it safe"

I found a flight out of FLL ( sailing MSC Poesia 11/11-11/14 ) & it leaves at 11:51am- has anyone sailed this itinerary on this ship to tell me how EFFICIENT their disembarkation process is???

Also- flying UNITED home- if I were to miss the flight- do they put me on the next? charges???

thanks!!

I have been on 20 cruises & have always adheard to the "suggested flight times" the lines give- AND usually am sitting in an airport for 4 hrs b/c we "played it safe"

I found a flight out of FLL ( sailing MSC Poesia 11/11-11/14 ) & it leaves at 11:51am- has anyone sailed this itinerary on this ship to tell me how EFFICIENT their disembarkation process is???

Also- flying UNITED home- if I were to miss the flight- do they put me on the next? charges???

thanks!!

You don't state what time your ship docks, so I have no idea if this is a good time or not. On cruise days flights will be pretty full. UA's policy is that if you call before your flight time to cancel, you will pay a $150 change fee and will have a credit for the remaining balance of your ticket. If you don't call, you will lose the entire value of your ticket. You can use the credit to purchase any ticket that may be available.

Or you can try flying Standby. Link to UA's rules for this below:

http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,52142,00.html

Not much is free anymore.

thanks- found out you CAN go stand by for free :)

Yes, as long as your tickets were purchased before 10 April 2010. If you bought them after that, it's a $50 fee. Note that this still only works if it is exactly the same routing, and leaves the same day as your original flight.

IME, there are often many standby passengers waiting for seats on UA flights.

This is one of those "Murphy Law" questions (if anything can go wrong - it will).

Under normal circumstances (and all being right in the heavens) it should not be a problem as said above. You are right we have waited for several hours for a flight because we believe "better safe than sorry"! My advice?

Do what you want.

Archived