Barcelona Hotel with two kids

My wife and I were just in Barcelona for two nights without the kids. Hotels were very fairly priced. We are taking our two kids next summer and I found that booking with two kids (will be 13 and 11 at time of cruise) can be problematic. Many hotels don't allow kids or, at the very least, make you book two rooms.

I went on to Trip Advisor and saw some apartment hotels and they all seemed to get poor reviews or were in bad areas.

We stayed at the Silken Gran Havana and loved the location and the hotel. I booked three nights next August for 632 euros (including all taxes). Considering our booking this month was close to 125 euros per night, that's not much of a bargain. But at least they take kids and this is really two connected rooms. Worst case scenario (and it's not a bad one) is that we stay there again.

If anyone has better suggestions for a family of four hoping to stay near the center of the city, I would love to hear.

The prob is not that the hotels don't take children. The prob is that many hotels just don't have room for 4 people in a room. In Europe they charge by how many people are in the room not just for the room.

This hotel gets decent reviews. I don't know their prices.

http://www.hispanos7suiza.com/ Several families have written about it so I know they have family rooms. Here are the Trip Advisor reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187497-d231514-r2863190-Apartaments_Restaurant_Hispanos_7_Suiza-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

Thanks for the recommendation. I saw that one on Trip Advisor. That area is a bit far from where we want to stay. For now, we'll stick with Silken Gran Havana. The price is decent and it has a pool (kind of small) for us to cool off in after some hot days. The best thing about it for us is no surprises. We just stayed there, like the location, and there will be no surprises. But there's a good while to see if something better at a better price comes up. For now, a bird in the hand . . .

I agree that the location of the Silken Grand Havana is more central. I don't know if you paid for your room or just booked the room with a credit card. I'd keep watch to see if any specials for your hotel appear closer to your dates. Otherwise,if you can afford the price then it seems just perfect for you.

I agree that the location of the Silken Grand Havana is more central. I don't know if you paid for your room or just booked the room with a credit card. I'd keep watch to see if any specials for your hotel appear closer to your dates. Otherwise,if you can afford the price then it seems just perfect for you.

We booked it. But it's just a credit card hold. I only booked early to protect myself from price increases. If the price drops or if I find another hotel that's centrally located and kid friendly, I can cancel or even rebook. I guess I was just hoping someone with a couple of kids knows of a good hotel in that central location that's a bit less expensive.

The Hotel Royal Ramblas has at least one (and maybe two, tough to tell) rooms that hold two adults and two kids. It's called the "Family Design Room." The hotel is located on Las Ramblas, very close to Placa Catalunya. I haven't stayed there, but the reviews on TripAdvisor were good and we are planning a stay there this fall.

I loved the location of the Hispanos Siete Suiza - and absolutely loved having the extra space of a living room and the benefit of a kitchen. It's between two convenient subway stops and in a great area to walk around at any hour. It was perfect for my family and we'd go there again without hesitation. All the benefits of an apartment and a hotel in one.

Best,

Mia

My wife and I were just in Barcelona for two nights without the kids. Hotels were very fairly priced. We are taking our two kids next summer and I found that booking with two kids (will be 13 and 11 at time of cruise) can be problematic. Many hotels don't allow kids or, at the very least, make you book two rooms.

I went on to Trip Advisor and saw some apartment hotels and they all seemed to get poor reviews or were in bad areas.

We stayed at the Silken Gran Havana and loved the location and the hotel. I booked three nights next August for 632 euros (including all taxes). Considering our booking this month was close to 125 euros per night, that's not much of a bargain. But at least they take kids and this is really two connected rooms. Worst case scenario (and it's not a bad one) is that we stay there again.

If anyone has better suggestions for a family of four hoping to stay near the center of the city, I would love to hear.

I'm having the same problem you are. I'm taking my two kids on a cruise next summer. Finding a quad or any room that sleeps 4 is difficult. I've narrowed it down to the Royal Ramblas, Turin Hotel, and Hotel Colon. The Royal appears to be the best bet so far. I sent them an email last night; inquiring about their "family rooms."

Piratemaster--if you decide to stay at the Royal Ramblas for certain, and are willing to pay in advance, you can get a deal on their website. We knew our plans weren't going to change unless there was some emergency, so we paid in full in advance on their website (I think it was under the specials section) and got the family design room at a great discount for two nights. Normally we like to have the ability to cancel without penalty, but for this trip we decided to take our chances :cool:

Not sure how long the promotion is good, but it might be worth investigating.

I'm having the same problem you are. I'm taking my two kids on a cruise next summer. Finding a quad or any room that sleeps 4 is difficult. I've narrowed it down to the Royal Ramblas, Turin Hotel, and Hotel Colon. The Royal appears to be the best bet so far. I sent them an email last night; inquiring about their "family rooms."

Piratemaster, you may want to consider the Silken Gran Havana as well, if only because of the price. We (just the two of us) had a great stay there and it is a short walk to Casa Batllo and La Pedreira (Casa Mila) as well as Ramblas and Old City. But is a couple of streets away from the noise. We have 210 euros a night for the double room. Our regular room was 140 euros per night this month. But I guess the 70 extra is the cost of adding a couple of kids. Royal Ramblas is a little less but not available for next summer yet. It will still be a consideration.

I am happy that we found some breakfast places. These hotels are not cheap for breakfast.

nic x, thanks for the information about the Royal. Ljberkow, I will check out the Silken also. It does appear that the Royal is not taking reservations right now.

I don't think we could do Royal in any case. The extra beds for the kids only appear to be one pull out sofa that sleeps two. Daughter will be 13 and son 11 and that doesn't work. Looks like I'll stick with Silken Gran Havana for us and just watch for price drops. I am good with that.

• 3 weeks later...

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids and we have booked Hostal BCN Barcelona which is located near the port area not far from Las Ramblas.

http://www.hostalbcnport.com/en/cllegar.php

They have a quad room which is reasonably priced. Also it has good reviews on trip advisor. Look under speciality accommodation.

We stayed in the Hotel Regina with our 2 kids (teens) in a quad room. It's in a great location, just yards from Placa Catalunya. I can't help with the price, but would highly recommend this hotel - very friendly staff, free internet cafe, nice modern decor :)

• 3 weeks later...

we are booked at Hotel Barcelona Catedral later this month. We have one child but I believe they had rooms for more. We are traveling with others and our rate is about 50 euros more a night ( 235 euros)

Can let you know when we return in October about accommodations and location.

I was struggling with how we would comfortably accomodate our family too. Then someone here suggested that we rent an apartment. We just booked Eric Vokel apartments (right in the Eixample district) for Nov. We have 2bdr, a sleeper sofa and a full kitchen for less then the average 4* hotel would be with 4 persons. Since we are staying a few nights precruise the full kitchen will help cut down on the expenses of eating out.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187497-d1722409-Reviews-Eric_Vokel_Boutique_Apartments_Gaudi_Suites-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

We stayed in the Hotel Regina with our 2 kids (teens) in a quad room. It's in a great location, just yards from Placa Catalunya. I can't help with the price, but would highly recommend this hotel - very friendly staff, free internet cafe, nice modern decor :)

Oh, wanted to re-visit this thread. Thank you for the recommendation and we did book this and they gave us a better rate than the Silken Gran Havana AND breakfast is included. My only regret is no pool. In the summer, that's nice to have.

Archived