sdmike's review & daily diary of Epic's inaugural western Caribbean cruise

sdmike

Hi Mike,

It keeps getting better and better! You take pictures like I do...I take pics of everything (yes, even of my feet :))! You said I could ask anything, so here goes...I was under the assumption that we needed to be tendered in to some of the ports. Which ones? It doesn't look like it in Cozumel (from your pics) and you didn't see Costa Maya so you might not know about that port. :( How about Roatan? I don't have others, you have been enlightening me steadily, thank you very much! Dawn

Loved it so far Mike you are having an awesome time and thanks for the awesome review :D COuldn't have woken up this morning to anything better.

Can't wait to see the pics from the plane!

Rick

Hey Mike, thanks for posting your great review. It was great re-living the cruise again! :) We ended up driving straight home last night arrived about 11:15pm. Took about 13 1/2 hours, but we got to sleep in our own beds! Now I was getting ready to post a review and lo and behold, your's is fantastic! I became to lazy to keep a daily blog current and we were always too busy having fun! :D

Looking forward to more pics and so sorry about your son's card, my son found a key card at the bottom of the pool and turned it in. I'm so glad he chose to do the right thing.

I also am glad to have sailed on her!

Day 7 - Last Day at Sea

Nick breakfast

1540-vi.jpg

1542-vi.jpg

Each lifeboat will hold more that 250 folks. I wish I knew how. lol

1555-vi.jpg

1573-vi.jpg

1576-vi.jpg

Here's what the pool looks like when they're holding events there. lol

1581-vi.jpg

Last Day - Departure (sniff, sniff)

1768-vi.jpg

Loading up for the next trip

1767-vi.jpg

Leaving Miami

1773-vi.jpg

1774-vi.jpg

Maybe the highest Epic pictures that exist. She's 25 miles off the coast and heading for the Eastern Caribbean.

1777-vi.jpg

1778-vi.jpg

THANK YOU! Your review and pictures have made my Sunday! I'm sailing out this Saturday and now I'm even more excited!!! I've booked a Victor Bodden tour also, who was your guide? We are touring with a guide named Ali.

We had William, but they're all great!

Hi Mike,

It keeps getting better and better! You take pictures like I do...I take pics of everything (yes, even of my feet :))! You said I could ask anything, so here goes...I was under the assumption that we needed to be tendered in to some of the ports. Which ones? It doesn't look like it in Cozumel (from your pics) and you didn't see Costa Maya so you might not know about that port. :( How about Roatan? I don't have others, you have been enlightening me steadily, thank you very much! Dawn

Hi Dawn -

The Epic does not tender at any ports. It snugs right up to the docks at each location, east and west. :)