I Want an Upgrade/Upsell--How to Let HAL Know?

moondoggie

We are doing a 14 day BTB in December from FLL--not during Christmas weeks. We booked an M guarantee, because we really don't care where we are placed.

After all the discussions/posts about upgrades & upsells after the 90 day final payment due date, we'd like to be considered for this--but how can we communicate this to HAL?

We always book thru a Florida online agency found on 'CCdotcom'.

Right now with a little more than 5 weeks to go till final payment, it appears that there is availability for all categories for both segments of the cruises.

All suggestions welcome!

I will email my TA, and also be sure to let you guys know how this works. But I am still interested in anyone else telling me how they got an upgrade/upsell. After final payment date should I expect to offer half of the difference, or just ask them to 'make me an offer'?

Thanks, all!

I will email my TA, and also be sure to let you guys know how this works. But I am still interested in anyone else telling me how they got an upgrade/upsell. After final payment date should I expect to offer half of the difference, or just ask them to 'make me an offer'?

Thanks, all!

They will generally tell you how much it is. I think some folks have been sucessful with making a counter offer after that. Upsells are not always available. I tried on my Apr.2010 cruise on the Oosterdam and it was no dice. Some folks did get one from and oceanview to a balcony. I had an inside on that one and I was able to get anything else. Good luck.

Did you book as two separate cruises, or as a collector cruise of 14 days? I booked a collector 14 day in Feb. in an M gty. My cabin was a K, a nice upgrade, even though it was still inside. K1116 is a great cabin (on Westerdam). the problem with upgrades/upsells on a 14 day is that although you may be seeing cabins available in every category, they might not be the same cabins. On a B2B they will try to assign you to the same cabin for both weeks. There will be people on the ship the week before you, also doing a 14 day, so they will be on your first week also. And people coming on your second week and staying for 14 days...HAL has to coordinate 14 day cabins for all of these people...It boggles the mind...So once they assign a cabin, it is hard to give you an upsell/upgrade. those probably go to people only doing one week. EM

Archived