Toiletries

No one is sure what's in that dispenser...could be body wash, could be shampoo...could be shower cleaner....who knows?

I always bring all the toiletries I'll need so I'll look and feel my best! Remember, the water is very, very soft, so you won't need your normal amount of shampoo....a little goes a LONG way!

I'd plan on bringing my own, but I admit that knowing that we were doing the land portion of our cruisetour first, I just brought along the remainder of the stuff from our hotel rooms & had no problem getting through the almost 2 weeks. Having had previous problems with shampoo/gel bottles being damaged in transit, I'd prefer to avoid goo all over my clothes when my luggage comes off the plane! Unless you have serious issues (and I have some!) with brand, remember, people LIVE there & the worst case is that you might have to buy something-I didn't know that there was no clock in the cabin, so we had to buy a new travel alarm in a drugstore in port-no big deal!

We bring along two sets of items from the travel aisle (travel size) keeping one in the carry on and one in the checked luggage. This is usually enough for us, but when we have stayed at a hotel the day before, we usually get an extra set from housekeeping, just in case.

We bring our own in travel sizes and leave the ones we haven't opened yet. If the crew chooses to keep them that's fine and if they toss them, that's fine too. It leaves a tiny bit of extra room for souveniors. The toiletries provided aren't that great. I guess they will do the job if you don't have (1) color-treated hair (2) allergies. They use a dispenser in the shower and a bar of soap by the sink. We use the bar by the sink to wash our hands and that's about all. The bar by the sink does the job. I think the dispenser contains a shampoo/conditioner combination type.

Archived