Voyager now calling in Marseille

Bobal

Just returned from Voyager (review to follow soon) but I know there has been some confusion about the final port of call. When we originally booked (around a year ago) the cruise was due to call in Marseille on the final day. We had a letter some time ago to say it would call in Toulon (actually La Seyne sur Mer). However last week Voyager docked in Marseille for the first time in its Med itinerary. It will now alternate between Toulon (La Seyne) and Marseilles so for those who are booking private excursions it's worth checking which port you will be calling in.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the Oct 23 sailing and if I figured the dates out correctly with each week alternating, it looks like our sailing will be in Marseille as well. We already booked a car rental as we prefer not to do ship excursions. I called the cruise line and they said they do not stop in Marseille and that Voyager uses Toulon (La Sey Mer) as port of call. When RCI changed the port to Marseille for your stop, when did you find out? On board or pre-departure? Did they offer any ships excursions as I can't find any for that port as a back up. Thanks so much for the heads up.

We are booked on the Oct 23 sailing and if I figured the dates out correctly with each week alternating, it looks like our sailing will be in Marseille as well. We already booked a car rental as we prefer not to do ship excursions. I called the cruise line and they said they do not stop in Marseille and that Voyager uses Toulon (La Sey Mer) as port of call. When RCI changed the port to Marseille for your stop, when did you find out? On board or pre-departure? Did they offer any ships excursions as I can't find any for that port as a back up. Thanks so much for the heads up.

This is really strange. We found out when we were onboard and the Captain mentioned it at the welcome back party. However, to be fair, when we looked at our cruise documents it showed Marseilles, although I probably wouldn't have taken much notice of this, since the cruise was originally due to call in Marseilles.

We were told by a few crew onboard that the ship would now alternate between the two and when we got back I looked at the Royal Caribbean site and, sure enough, for the month of August and early September the site showed the ship alternating between the two. In the case of your sailing, by October it had gone back to calling in Toulon (La Seyne sur Mer) every week. I've just checked back again and it's now only showing the ship as calling in Marseilles on 5 September - it's in Toulon every other week. I'm not really sure what's going on :confused:.

From your point of view, don't worry as, by October the ship was due to dock in Toulon and not in Marseille. Hope that's not too confusing :)

This is really strange. We found out when we were onboard and the Captain mentioned it at the welcome back party. However, to be fair, when we looked at our cruise documents it showed Marseilles, although I probably wouldn't have taken much notice of this, since the cruise was originally due to call in Marseilles.

We were told by a few crew onboard that the ship would now alternate between the two and when we got back I looked at the Royal Caribbean site and, sure enough, for the month of August and early September the site showed the ship alternating between the two. In the case of your sailing, by October it had gone back to calling in Toulon (La Seyne sur Mer) every week. I've just checked back again and it's now only showing the ship as calling in Marseilles on 5 September - it's in Toulon every other week. I'm not really sure what's going on :confused:.

From your point of view, don't worry as, by October the ship was due to dock in Toulon and not in Marseille. Hope that's not too confusing :)

Thanks so much for the clarification. I also went to their website and you are right - they are alternating the ports in August and the 5 Sept departure. Looks like after that, its La Syne sur Mer (Toulon) for the rest of Sept and Oct, so I should be fine. Its always good to stay alert here on Cruise Critic in case of private tours, etc.

Archived