Table for two

If you don't wish to converse with others, then choose My Time Dining...most folks who choose that prefer being alone. Or, if you'd like tablemates except on your anniversary, use that night to go to a specialty restaurant where each party is seated alone.

We like traditional late seating at a larger table....lots of folks to talk with and it's simply alot of fun!

Even in traditional dining, you can request a 2-top, but it's only a request.

Wife and I are celebrating 30th wedding aniversary.

What is the best way to assure a table for two? any tips or advise?

Thanks

While my husband and I like meeting new people on cruises, we prefer to dine by ourselves when not traveling with friends. Our first cruise we had our TA request a table for two, but when we got onboard and went to the MDR to see where our table was we discovered we were at a large table. We went to the head waiter/concierge who was on duty in the dining room and asked to be changed to a table for two and were accommodated. Even if they can't give you a table for two immediately, ask to be put on a wait list - there's always a chance someone at a table for two will request a larger table.

Enjoy!

We always request a table for two when we book, either with a travel agent or direct with RCI, and we have gotten one half the time. Recently I phoned RCI about our booking and the customer service rep asked if there was anything else she could do. I laughed and asked if she could guarantee the table for two, she clicked on her keyboard and said 'done, anything else?'. Time will tell as we have been told in the past it's up to the ship when they are organizing the dining room. But I would call RCI, tell them it's a very special occasion and see what they say. Then check as soon as you get onboard and talk to the dining room manager if you don't get one and hopefully they will be able to arrange it.

In the past I have been told that staff and passengers get upset when people get one of the limited number of tables for two and then only show up in the dining room a couple of times during the week. So you could try promising to eat in the dining room every night. That's what we did the last time and they found us one.

We always get a table for two. All you have to do is ask for it when you make your reservation. Even if you opt for the My Time Dining, you will not have any problems getting a table for two. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your cruise. :)

Not true. You can request a "table for two" when you make your reservation but it's never guaranteed. The amount of "tables for two" vary from ship to ship. I know on the Majesty for instance these are very difficult to obtain. I would say put in your request at the time of booking and then when you first board the ship go to the dining room and see if your request has been granted. If it hasn't then speak to the dining room manager and request a change. He's always available in the dining room the day of departure.

Wife and I are celebrating 30th wedding aniversary.

What is the best way to assure a table for two? any tips or advise?

Thanks

You can try sending in a request as follows:

rcldining@rccl.com

Give them your reservation number, cabin, ship and sail date and

your request.

Table for two is sometimes hard to come by but this might work

for you. They will send a confirmation to your email.

Happy Anniversary!!!

Tables for two are vary scarce on Radiance class ships, with more available on Voyager and Freedom class. We have switched to MTD so that we are assured of having a table for two now on all our cruises.

We've gotten a table for two on both our cruises so far, on Adventure and Serenade, simply by requesting them on our reservation. Both times we checked out our table the afternoon we board and both times it's been what we requested. The first time, on Adventure, they had not yet phased in My Time Dining, so we were in second seating. On Serenade, we opted for My Time and saw a much larger number of two-tops, even on the smaller Radiance class ship.

On our recent Med/Greece trip on the Grand Princess, we did their equivalent of MTD.

Because we wanted to sit with other people at a table for 8 or 10, we never had to wait, no matter what time we showed up. Other pax, who requested a two-top, were asked to wait. How long, I don't know, but we saw that a lot.

Archived