Spa balcony cabins- what are the extras

woodley

I have been looking to see what you get as "spa amenities" by booking the spa balcony cabin but cannot find any explanation. Can anyone let me know what if anything you get for booking one of these cabins. I am just trying to see if it would be worth paying the extra.

On the Dream the Spa balcony entitled two people in the room to unlimited use of the Spa, which is really nice. It has the large mineral water hot tub, a few steam/sauna rooms. A really nice warm room with heated tiled loungers on it. A cool down room that offers ice water and tea and plays nice music.

We did not have a Spa balcony, but bought the couple's pass for the week for $250. We did use the Spa every day, that hot mineral water hot tub constantly called our name.

I looked into booking a SB before the cruise and it was $500 more than our current balcony, so we saved $250. Although it would have been nice to be in close proximity to the Spa as the Spa Balcony rooms are. But with that said, since they are in the front of the ship, you would be far away from everything else, so it's pretty much six of one, half dozen of another.

I have booked a spa cabin on our upcoming Magic cruise not only to enjoy the amenities of the thermal suite (as described above) which I use daily, but to guarantee that our cabin is/was a no smoking cabin. In fact I was surprised that smoking was still allowed i any Carnival cabin.

I have booked a spa cabin on our upcoming Magic cruise not only to enjoy the amenities of the thermal suite (as described above) which I use daily, but to guarantee that our cabin is/was a no smoking cabin. In fact I was surprised that smoking was still allowed i any Carnival cabin.

The smoke-free benefit is the #1 reason we wanted a spa category stateroom. I wish they'd roll out this option fleetwide. Please!

mkam...you're definitely going to have to review the Magic Spa when you get back:) Deck plans show it's lay out will be different from the Dream with all the spa on the sun deck and the Serenity above that. And there's a couples VIP that might be interesting to hear about too.Are you on Deck 12 or 11? If later hopefully not the forward OV cabins, they're under the gym:( .

Carnival Dream Cloud 9 Spa Special Offerings

Guests in Spa accommodations will have exclusive entry access to the adjacent Cloud 9 Spa facilities and will receive a wide array of special offerings including priority Spa appointments, unlimited use of the Thermal Suite and Thalasotherapy Pool, complimentary fitness classes and upgraded in-stateroom amenities.

Carnival Dream Spa Amenities

Note: Only 1st and 2nd guests in the Spa stateroom will receive the access and amenities; 3rd and 4th guests booked in Spa staterooms and suites are not entitled to spa access and amenities.

Amenities and offerings available to all the Spa accommodations include the following;

* Welcome Reception/Ritual

* Priority spa appointments for reservations made by 6:00pm on Embarkation day (as stated in the Welcome Letter).

* Unlimited access to Thermal Suites:

o Laconium

o Tepidarium

o Oriental Steam Bath

o Aroma Steam Bath

* Unlimited access to Thalassotherapy Pool:

o Detoxify, unwind and revitalize your body in a pool which is gently heated to body temperature.

o Ideal for alleviating arthritic pain, soothing sore muscles and offering relief for sport injuries.

* Two complimentary fitness classes per person (Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi)

* Spa-branded bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

* Cloud 9 Spa Carnival Products in Stateroom:

o Elemis Carnival Shampoo and Conditioner

o Elemis Carnival Sharp Shower Gel and Vitamin Rich Body Lotion

o One hand and one body Elemis Carnival Soap Disk

The Welcome Reception Ritual

An invitation-only reception, guests will be invited to the Relaxation Room, overlooking the spectacular vistas. From there, the guests will be led on small (maximum 8 people, if traveling together) personalized tours of the spa facilities. At the completion of the tour, guests will be given the opportunity to receive priority spa bookings.

Things to Know

* Carnival Dream Spa staterooms and suites are only available to guests who pay for spa staterooms or suites. In the event that guests are upgraded into the Spa staterooms, they will not be eligible for the additional amenities.

* 18 is the minimum age for body treatments and use of the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool. Hair, nails, facial services and the fitness center can be enjoyed by guests of 13 years and older, provided they are accompanied by their parent or guardian for service and booking.

* Only 1st and 2nd guests in the Spa stateroom will receive the access and amenities; 3rd and 4th guests booked in Spa staterooms and suites are not entitled to spa access and amenities.

* Charges apply for the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite areas for those guests in Non-Spa staterooms.

Don't count on that...we had a spa balcony on the Dream for the same reason and the people in the room next to us were always out on our balcony smoking...I said something to the room steward, they said to call security. I called security and they came up but they still smoked after that...not sure if they got fined like they were supposed to or not but we did have a few exchanges of words the first 2 nights and after that they dd things to intentionally irritate us...they would turn their TV up at leave it loud and leave the room so we couldn't sleep...slam all the doors, quite mature.

That's OK, I believe in Karma...

Don't count on that...we had a spa balcony on the Dream for the same reason and the people in the room next to us were always out on our balcony smoking...I said something to the room steward, they said to call security. I called security and they came up but they still smoked after that...not sure if they got fined like they were supposed to or not but we did have a few exchanges of words the first 2 nights and after that they dd things to intentionally irritate us...they would turn their TV up at leave it loud and leave the room so we couldn't sleep...slam all the doors, quite mature.

Did you also contact the Director of Hotel Services (or whatever the title is)? I believe the ticket contract state that they can remove the passengers to another cabin if available and fine them. But that's not security's nor housekeeping's call. It's a call for the Captain or his authorized officer.

The smoke-free benefit is the #1 reason we wanted a spa category stateroom. I wish they'd roll out this option fleetwide. Please!

It gives you all the details on the website. I didn't see anything that perked my interest so didn't book one. Also you can't smoke in those rooms or their balconies. While I do not smoke I have friends that do and encourage people to come back to my suite to smoke instead of doing it in public areas. I also like to line up two suites together with friends and I can't see them paying extra for this room, I see little to no benefit unless your a frequent spa user. My wife actually is but not on the ships - a massage here and there but they are so expensive and she gets it done near our home at about half the price, this not a treat for her.

Same here. I have bad asthma and I am really sensitive to smoke. So my hubby thought it was the best guarantee that I won't have trouble, and we get to use the spa everyday! :) He's very thoughtful like that. If it was me booking, I would have just taken the gamble and sucked it up if there was a problem to save the $.

I would have told them to get off my balcony and return to their own cabin if they wanted to smoke.

I would have told them to get off my balcony and return to their own cabin if they wanted to smoke.

I would not have been satisfied with karma! I would have parked myself on the Hotel Director's desk until I was given the smoke-free stateroom & balcony I paid for. Your neighbors should have been moved - or better yet disembarked. What good does it do you if they are fined $250? Did Carnival refund your cruise fare?

Last year on the Splendor, we had booked a regular balcony cabin. Then the price dropped for the Spa balcony cabin to lower than the cabin we booked. So we switched cabins.

Having a non-smoking area (the cabin areas) and a much quieter location in general was a treat. Plus, we thoroughly enjoyed the spa area itself (therapy pool, steam, etc.).

Never got the invite to the "Welcome Reception/Ritual"; never got the "Two complimentary fitness classes per person (Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi)" (we didn't care, really).

We loved it so much that we've booked again for the Spa area in Jan '11. But we waited for the price drop.

After seeing this thread yesterday, we upgraded on our August 5 Magic Med to the higher level spa balcony cabin (12030). Nothing original from me. All of your reasons were more than good enough to justify it. It was $40 per day extra over our previous cabin selection.

Archived