IF I decide to take my passport to the beach

mrsamandal

The only time you will need a passport while on a cruise is if you get stuck on the island and the ship leaves without you.

Make every effort to make sure you are on the ship and you wont need it.

I would not take my passport into the ports with me.

the only thing you will need is your sign and sail card and a photo ID- use your drivers license

where would I get one of the waterproof neck carrier things?

I agree with the above posters, but if you want to get one, go to a store selling scuba equipment, beach accessories, etc. They come in various sizes; I have them for my room card and credit cards, sunglasses, wallet, etc.

If you have decided to take it with you to port (which me and DH do NOT but parents do), they carry waterproof lanyards at Wal-Mart in the fishing department as well as Target in the camping department.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

First, my opinion and I agree with everyone else - DON'T TAKE YOUR PASSPORT OFF THE SHIP.

Just take a copy if you feel you must have the passport with you. I've traveled all over the Caribbean and never, ever needed my passport.

That being said and to answer your question, you can buy those waterproof neck wallets onboard the ship in the gift shop. I've found them at sport stores, i.e., Sports Authority, REI, etc. I've also found them at travel stores, i.e., AAA Travel Stores (typically in a larger AAA agency), luggage stores, etc.

You taking it because you know/plan to get drunk, passout in the sun, lose track of time and get left behind? :D

On a serious note, why do you think you need your passport. A credit card, few dollars and cruise card is all one really needs in port.

where would I get one of the waterproof neck carrier things? We leave Saturday, so online is not an option.

Just so you know, not everyone agrees with the policy of leaving the passport on the ship.

I could care less what everyone else does. If you're in my family or I'm responsible for your well being, your passport will be in your possession anytime you step onto foreign soil unless otherwise required by local laws or regulations.

Archived