beach in Nice?

pjunctiongirl

We stopped at the beach briefly on our tour. It is a pebble beach and that day (late April) was very cool and windy. I'm sorry I can't help you about the beach club. The part of the beach we were on was just a free, but not sandy, beach.

I think there may be a few sandy beaches in the area, but you'll have to do some research to find them.

I stayed at a hotel across from the beach, I paid for the day; they gave you an umbrella, chair, acess to the restrooms and came around with menus (you had to pay for the food); I also took a bus from Nice to Canne and did the same thing; paid to sit by the ocean. It is worth it; the beaches in Nice have large rocks, you can't walk on them too well, so watch out for that

To be blunt, the beach in Nice is not nice! Of course you can join the other Niceaholics who somehow enjoy lounging on a beach full of pebbles and rocks. As to Cannes, there is a free public sandy beach on the western side of town just down the coast from the Vieux Port (old port).

Hank

To be blunt, the beach in Nice is not nice! Of course you can join the other Niceaholics who somehow enjoy lounging on a beach full of pebbles and rocks. As to Cannes, there is a free public sandy beach on the western side of town just down the coast from the Vieux Port (old port).

Hank

The beach might not be nice, but the sea is wonderful. We went to the free beach with the locals to take a dip in the sea. It is right near the flowermarket. We wore our bathing suit under our clothes. Just remember to wear water shoes or rubber flipflops, because the beach is nothing but rocks, but so is the private beach clubs also.:) P.S. there is a public restroom at the Flowermarket also.

Archived