Port calls at 6am and 7am's

oceanfun77

Both I think. We had a couple of very early port times and saw many up early. But there were also others who choose to sleep a bit later if they don't have an early excursion. One day we were at the buffet and there were lots of people eating breakfast at 6:45 a.m.

One thing that made waking early a bit bareable was that the sun is up very early which makes you feel like it's actually later. I always drew our curtains completely open to get ourselves going. :p

It depends on how long you'll be in port. If it's just a short stop ... say, you need to be back on board by 1 pm, most people will be up and ready to go so they can see the port area. If you're there all day, it will be a mix.

You can either maximize your port time or not, the same as you can do with weekends at home. I'm always up by 5 at the very latest, my wife prefers the feeling of the pillow to the look of Alaska sunrises :)

I haven't seen any vendors as early as 6 AM -- but have seen many of the independent shore excursion vendors open by 7 AM.

You can bet that if is a short day in a port people are up and ready to go -- especially if they want to see and do as much as possible in a short time.

I know that we among those early risers.

Archived