Royal Points.....Did I goof?

I redeemed 35,000 in Royal Points. I received 3 certificates (15K, 15K, 5K) and read the details. I was aware there was an expiration date of 180 days, but I just assumed that meant to mail the coupons to RCCL within 180 days.

The verbage on the coupon is as follows: Expiration date 1/27/2011

"Your coupon has an expiration date, so be sure to use it before that date." and on the back "Each reward coupon expires 180 days from it's date of issue."

My cruise isn't until January 2012. The verbage is vague. By sending them to RCCL, is that "using" them? Or, do they mean that I must sail by 1/27/2011 to "use" the rewards?

Again, I assumed that sending them to RCCL is "using" them, but now I'm confused. I will call RCCL later today if I get a break from work, but thought I would get opinions here first. Thanks.

I had this same question, RCL was unable to help and referred me to cc company, the first person i spoke w/ was not very helpful, the 2nd person i spoke w/ advised that the points must be submitted to RCL w/in that time frame, you do not have to embark on your cruise w/in 6 months. I have to do this or i will loose points, our cruise is in June '11

You will be fine using your certificates for your 2012 cruise...the certificates have to be "applied" within 6 months...but your cruise can be anytime. Be sure & make copies of the front & back of the coupons before mailing them...

I redeemed 35,000 in Royal Points. I received 3 certificates (15K, 15K, 5K) and read the details. I was aware there was an expiration date of 180 days, but I just assumed that meant to mail the coupons to RCCL within 180 days.

The verbage on the coupon is as follows: Expiration date 1/27/2011

"Your coupon has an expiration date, so be sure to use it before that date." and on the back "Each reward coupon expires 180 days from it's date of issue."

My cruise isn't until January 2012. The verbage is vague. By sending them to RCCL, is that "using" them? Or, do they mean that I must sail by 1/27/2011 to "use" the rewards?

Again, I assumed that sending them to RCCL is "using" them, but now I'm confused. I will call RCCL later today if I get a break from work, but thought I would get opinions here first. Thanks.

Once issued you have 6 months to apply your certificates to a cruise. Here is the number to the RCI Coupon Redemption Center 1-888-305-4626. Call them and they will tell you what to do.

3 coupons at 15K each is a little over the 35,000 you wanted to cash in. Make sure that BofA did not make a mistake.

I just spoke to a very nice lady at the Royal Rewards department at the number provided by Patti and Jim. She confirmed that the certificates need to be applied to a booked cruise before the expiration date, but the cruise can be beyond the expiration date. I feel better now and thanks again to all who replied.

I just spoke to a very nice lady at the Royal Rewards department at the number provided by Patti and Jim. She confirmed that the certificates need to be applied to a booked cruise before the expiration date, but the cruise can be beyond the expiration date. I feel better now and thanks again to all who replied.

Just make sure that you make a copy prior to sending in your certificates.

Once the certificates have been applied, on your Confirmation Invoice from RCI you will see under Booking Charges a code......C30C - $350 - OBC P-P which will indicate that it has been applied to your booking. I'm assuming that you are using the Visa points for an OBC.

Glad that the Rewards Department was able to help.:)

Just make sure that you make a copy prior to sending in your certificates.

Once the certificates have been applied, on your Confirmation Invoice from RCI you will see under Booking Charges a code......C30C - $350 - OBC P-P which will indicate that it has been applied to your booking. I'm assuming that you are using the Visa points for an OBC.

Glad that the Rewards Department was able to help.:)

Thanks again for the number. I just made copies. Actually using one for OBC, one for the Grand Romance package, and one for charitable donation.

• 3 months later...
Here is the number to the RCI Coupon Redemption Center 1-888-305-4626.

Is this the number at RC that actually applies the Royal Points coupons to your cruise OBC?

I called the redemption number at BoA, and they took their sweet time mailing me the coupons. I now have coupons in hand, but my cruise is 12/13. The coupons state that they can be redeemed up to five business days prior to the cruise, but it would be cutting it close given the postal services. I've read here of people "just call RC" to apply the coupons, but not sure whom to call.

Is this the number at RC that actually applies the Royal Points coupons to your cruise OBC?

I called the redemption number at BoA, and they took their sweet time mailing me the coupons. I now have coupons in hand, but my cruise is 12/13. The coupons state that they can be redeemed up to five business days prior to the cruise, but it would be cutting it close given the postal services. I've read here of people "just call RC" to apply the coupons, but not sure whom to call.

Yes, that is the number to the RCI Rewards Department. These are the folks that process those mailed in coupons. You can call them now since you are within 30 days of sailing; they will need your booking number and then the coupon number and how you want it applied to your booking.

Then, make a copy and just mail in for verification purposes.

Ironically, I called them today with a Royal Points question. They said to allow up to a month for the certificates to be processed.

Upon receipt of your rewards coupon, mail them to:

Royal Caribbean International

ATTN: Royal Rewards

4729 S Palisade

Witichita, KS 62717

(phone: 1-888-305-4626)

Yes, that is the number to the RCI Rewards Department. These are the folks that process those mailed in coupons. You can call them now since you are within 30 days of sailing; they will need your booking number and then the coupon number and how you want it applied to your booking.

Then, make a copy and just mail in for verification purposes.

Thanks for the fast response! I'm all set!

Don't have my statement with me. I didn't know the points expire. How long is that window?

they begin to expire after 5 years...if you haven't had your card that long..or had it, but have redeemed points you should be fine..

Archived