What was your first Carnival crusie?

frednsb

Mine was the Carnival Sesation...when it did the 5-day sailing to Grand Cayman & Cozumel that the Inspiration does now.

Great cruise...it was my parents 30th anniversary...so they took my sister and I and my grandparents on vacation with them. Carnival gave us a free upgrade to Balcony rooms (and VIP status) for the sailing - it was fantastic!

Mine was in 2005 on the Miracle. We danced with Hurricane Wilma the entire time - went to Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios (rerouted due to hurricane) and Belize. We missed Costa Maya and Cozumel. If cruising during a hurricane and with my STBEH didn't turn me off cruising, nothing will.:D

the Eastern Steamship S.S. Bahama Star, 1974, high school senior class trip - entire ship (300?) were high school seniors (can you believe they used to do that :D) with some adult chaperones; 3 day trip to Nassau. We went again the following year with some friends that were seniors that year. Didn't cruise again until 2007, with Carnival on the Holiday - loved that ship - did it twice before it was sold, then once with RCCL, then back to Carnival in April and got the Imagination booked for October.

The Fantasy was our first Carnival cruise...no pictures to post -- it way before digital cameras were even thought of! It was also our son's very first cruise and being 10 years old, he in awe at everything!

Since then we've sailed the Liberty twice, the Paradise once, the Destiny twice, and the Triumph twice. Carnival is my favorite line.

My first cruise was to St. Thomas, St. Maarten ans San Juan on the Celebration in 1995. We had great tablemates and met a lot of fun people. The second cruise was on the Freedom in 2008. No where near as much fun and the dining experience was so much worse in a lot of ways. I am cruising next April on the Glory and I am hoping that my experience on the Freedom was a fluke!

My first cruise was on the Easter week 1978 sailing of the Carnivale. I was on board with my parent's, 2 older sister's and younger brother. My sisters were in 7th and 8th grade, I was in 5th grade and my brother was in 4th grade. On this sailing there were only 12 passenger's under the age of 18.

Some dear friends talked us into going on a 3-day Bahamas cruise aboard the Fantasy in 1996. We had never even dreamed of taking a cruise up to this point. We talked them into going to Hawaii with us, which they did, so we agreed to go on this cruise with them and their family.

Needless to say, we became hooked very quickly! We absolutely enjoyed every aspect of the cruise. In fact, after I returned to work the following Monday, I stopped by a travel agency and booked our 2nd cruise! The rest, as they say, is history! We are about to embark on our 16th cruise (aboard the Fantasy, no less) and have a cruise to Hawaii in 2012 already booked!

:cool:Bill

1999 on the Destiny when she was originally in Miami. Went with a group that DW worked with. Flew down a day early and stayed in a flea bag motel right next to the airport. (Arranged by our TA) You could see the passengers as the planes flew over the motel. SIL went with us and shared our cabin. I knew I was hooked when the ship reached the turn-around basin and headed out to sea. Ports were San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Croix. We got to San Juan, paid for an excursion through Carnival for the fort and it closed about fifteen minutes after we got there. Part of the excursion was a site seeing tour. The guide's name was Roena. The tour was so bad that a group on the tour made up a little skit to the tune of Gilligan's Island theme. ("A three hour tour"). It was basically over one block, up one block, over four blocks, down one block, dropped us off and told us to walk the rest of the way or call a cab.

Mine was in January of this year.

My mom died in October 2008. The next few months were horribly sad...my grief was unbearable some days.

A few months later (January 2009), my girlfriends and I decided to book a cruise for January 2010.

Sometimes, looking forward to that cruise was my reason to go on... a reason to get out of bed, to continue working, etc.

I'm better now, although I have a bad day occasionally. Having been on that first cruise, though, now I'm hooked! :)

I'm sorry about your mom. My mom also died in 2008 and I know what you mean about the grief. I had nothing to really look forward to until this past cruise. This was my 2nd.

My first Carnival cruise was 15 years ago when I was pregnant with my son. A Babymoon, a last chance to have a great vacation without kids. We really did enjoy that cruise. We had a port almost every day and pregnant or not, we got out and did everything. I even hiked up to Carbet Falls in Guadaloupe. I hate to say it, but it was so much better without bringing the kids. :o

Thought it would be nice to have people talk about their first crusie and add pics. Mine was on Carnival's very first ship, the Mardi Gras out of Miami 1977. Went to Nassau, San Juan, and St thomas.

It was a great cruise going with my entire family; dad, mom, uncles, aunts, cousins..

And it was a nice ship!

Been on lots of Carnival Cruises since but will always remember Mardi Gras, the founding of an empire.

The Fantasy back in '01 I think it was. DW wanted to go, I only went to keep the peace. I can still remember driving down the highway in Florida after being picked up at the airport. I was thinking "I must be nuts". As we came closer to the ship, I was expecting the "Love Boat", a show IO absolutely hated. When I saw the Fantasy it looked huge to me. As we boarded I was still grumpy about the whole thing but then something inside me said "hey dummy, you're here now you might as well make the best of it". We had a great time and while it was quite a while before we took another one (4 years) we now go every year and its something I look forward to to get me through these awful Canadian winters.

Was on the Paradise when it was brand new! And at the time we weren't smoking...it was our second cruise and it started this wonderful addiction! Our first cruise just didn't make us think cruising was for us (RCCL) but after a couple of years we decided to try it again...WOW was all we could say after this cruise! We have been cruising every since, many different lines but we always seem to come back to CCL!!!

My first cruise was on the Sensation in August 2004. We were a group of all women in my family- myself, mom, sister, grandmother, a few aunts, a couple of female cousins. We were celebrating my grandmother's 75th birthday. I had a great time on that cruise. After that, I was hooked. I told my then-boyfriend how much fun I had that he wanted to take a cruise. He and I went on our 1st cruise together on the Inspiration a year later and ever since then we have taken a cruise together every year. Last year we got married on the Legend out of Tampa and we're going back on the Legend in November to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary.

It was the first ship that I had seen with stadium seating around the pool. Now all i want to go on are the Spirit class ships or newer....After about twenty Carnival cruises we are trying a couple of other lines but will continue to cruise Carnival more than the others.....Dennis

We took our first cruise on the Holiday out of New Orleans in 2002. It was our honeymoon. ;) We are working towards Platinum!!!!! We go every year and take the kids one year and go without the kids one year. We love it!!!! Hopefully we will be able to do the Transatlantic for our 10th cruise:cool:

The Fantasy was our first Carnival cruise...no pictures to post -- it way before digital cameras were even thought of! It was also our son's very first cruise and being 10 years old, he in awe at everything!

Since then we've sailed the Liberty twice, the Paradise once, the Destiny twice, and the Triumph twice. Carnival is my favorite line.

The Fantasy was our first Carnival Cruise or any other line for that matter (1990). We had a lousy time and did not cruise again for 15 years. We then recieved a cruise on the Conquest as a gift and have been cruising every year since.

My first cruise was just this year, back in April on the Carnival Triumph with my DH. It was to Cozumel and Progresso out of NOLA. It was for our honeymoon. We are now completely hooked and have already planned our next two cruises :)

My first cruise was in 2002 on the Carnival Elation. We went to the Mexican Riveria. I had a fantastic time. I was 24 with 2 friends of mine from college. We were all amazed at the size of the ship and everything it had to offer.

My first cruise was on the Fascination out of Miami July/2004. I knew from day one I was hooked on cruising. Key West and Nassau.:D

2004/Fascination

2005/Fantasy

2005/Valor

2006/Fantasy

2006/RC Enchantment of the Seas

2007/Inspiration

2008/RC Soverign of the Seas

2009/Fascination

2011/Legend

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Pammybaby&date=6-12-2011&text=Cruising is better than working&ship=Carnival Legend

Archived