What was your first Carnival crusie?

frednsb

Thought it would be nice to have people talk about their first crusie and add pics. Mine was on Carnival's very first ship, the Mardi Gras out of Miami 1977. Went to Nassau, San Juan, and St thomas.

It was a great cruise going with my entire family; dad, mom, uncles, aunts, cousins..

And it was a nice ship!

Been on lots of Carnival Cruises since but will always remember Mardi Gras, the founding of an empire.

My first cruise was in 1982 on the Tropicale. I went with a friend to celebrate a divorce - back then they were not so good at matching up table mates. The other couples at our table were on their honeymoon! We went to the Mexican Riviera - this was truly back in the day where Cabo was a small village. No condos, no real marina, it was great!

Mine was in January of this year.

My mom died in October 2008. The next few months were horribly sad...my grief was unbearable some days.

A few months later (January 2009), my girlfriends and I decided to book a cruise for January 2010.

Sometimes, looking forward to that cruise was my reason to go on... a reason to get out of bed, to continue working, etc.

I'm better now, although I have a bad day occasionally. Having been on that first cruise, though, now I'm hooked! :)

Tropicale - 1983 - honeymoon. It was the 7 night Mexican Riviera but we got off in Puerto Vallarta and stayed there for a few nights and flew home. Only took those few days on the ship to "hook" us, we've made it an every other year vacation now, still like our land travels too.

My first and only cruise was on the carnival triumph.

My girlfriend was just becoming a pharmacist and she was waiting for her certification tests to come back. instead of waiting and using a vacation week, we decided to go on a cruise ASAP.

I proposed to her on Cozumel beach :)

Sensation - October 2008 was our 1st cruise, then the Valor in June 2009 and we are going again next month on the Sensation. Trying to plan an Alaskan cruise for possibly next summer?:p

okwriter ~ So sorry for your loss. :(

My first cruise (I was 17 years old) was from Port Canaveral aboard the Carnivale.....those old ships were something! I can remember thinking that the ship was ENORMOUS! :eek: We sailed to Freeport and Nassau. That sailing was a Spring Break P~A~R~T~Y! Oh the memories!

Now Carnival cruises are my families' favorite vacation venue!

Tropicale -1994

San Juan - St. Thomas - Guadeloupe - Grenada - Aruba - San Juan

Honestly speaking, it sucked (terrible service, lack of activities, cabin in bad shape, stalker cabin steward (we had to report him). I swore I would never cruise on Carnival again.

Fast forward to 2010. Not only did I cruise on Carnival again, but I'm Platinum+! I'm glad I gave Carnival a second chance!

My first CCL cruise was Spirit in Alaska in 2001. I thought that was the most beautiful ship I'd ever been on! I had no idea cruise ships were that ornate and glitzy. I was on a diet at the time and only ate small portions of my entrees....the MDR waiters caught on and started bringing my salad course in this HUGE bowl...as I did eat plenty of salad. It was really funny. If I ordered fruit for dessert....same thing....I would be served a fruit PLATTER. I loved every minute. It also was my first visit to Alaska and that also took my breath away.... Now on my 8th cruise, we've done Valor, Legend (3x), Miracle, Destiny and about to do Inspiration.

Mine was on the Carnival Celebration out of Galveston. It was originally a 5 day cruise to Cozumel and Calica (not sure why no one goes here anymore???) and it turned into a 4 day to Cozumel because of a Hurricane. Needless to say we had a great time and even though it didn't turn out to be perfect because it was shortened I didn't come back and blame Carnival and say I was never going to cruise with them again :eek:. ha. I actually appreciated them trying to keep us safe and if anything it made me want to cruise again so I could have the full experience. Been hooked ever since!!

Actually my very first cruise was a trip in college on the City of Rhodes cruising the Greek Isles. That was a very small ship with little to offer but it was still fun. That was in 1980.

The next one was my last one onboard the Imagination in 1996, just my DH and me. It was his first cruise. We had a great time. Were things perfect, no, but it was still fun.

After the first cruise my husband wanted to fly so we could stay longer at places and see more of the sites.

Now we're back to cruising. With my DD's special needs it is just a safer and more convenient way of traveling.

Sooooo looking forward to the Nov. cruise. Already also trying to set up a summer cruise.

My first cruise was aboard the Fantasy in 2003. We took the kids (there were only 3 then) and have an OV that sleeps 5. That goes on my list of things to never do again! It was very cramped. We also discovered that DH is a room dweller on that cruise so we are going for suites and balconies now. Very excited about our GS on the next cruise!

We went to Freeport and Nassau - also on my list of things to never do again. It was an experience and we LOVED experiencing our first cruise with the kids.

:) Kerry

1991 - Celebration - San Juan, St. Martin & St. Thomas. So much fun, but very expensive by today's standards. It was a seven-day cruise and with airfare it cost my wife and I nearly $2,000. Our B2B (24 days total) this fall, with train, 2 nights hotel, plane and gratuities is only $3,600 for the two of us. Our vacation is nearly 4-times as long, but only costs 80 percent more, and after inflation, it actually costs less.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Mine was on the Festivale in 1983. We flew from Tulsa to Miami on embarkation day, not arriving at the pier until probably 3pm. I think we were probably the last people on the ship. Wearing a dress and heals!!!!!!

We cruised to Nassau, San Juan and St. Thomas.

It was by comparison a tiny ship (only 37,000 tons)

My first cruise was in 1993 on the Carnival Ecstasy. My husband and I traveled with my brother and sister and their spouses. It was a great cruise. We even thought the ship was huge. HA! We went to Nassau, St. Thomas and San Juan. To this day, St. Thomas and San Juan are two of my favorite ports. I have since cruised on RCCL-Sovereign of the Seas in 1995, 2000- on the Carnival Triumph, 2003 on the Legend, 2009 on the Valor. I love Carnival. Our next is hopefully next July on the Dream.

in Sept of 2006 (after mannnnny from 1969, under an assumed name and through hiding out), Geography, time and price led me to Carnival. I reached Milestones on the Holidays last cruze, last year I now have 28 w/ CCL, plus others thrown in. Now many SnS cards later,adding another one in 16 daze, and have 6 more booked, and looking fwd to the 1st MAGIC repo in Oct '11.

Archived