What was your first Carnival crusie?

frednsb

Mine was on Holiday...June 94. I just graduated from nursing school and my husband and I went with our neighbors who's wife and my friend had just graduated with me. We scrapped together every penny for that cruise and did everyport on a very strict budget, and we had a blast.

Our cruise was western, we did Ocho Rio, Jamaica where we had a blast at the falls, swam along 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman with our own snorkeling gear and we partied like rock stars in Cozumel. Back then Margaritas were 2 for $5 and that is the only way they were served and they were served in huge glasses. Needless to say we had our fair share. I remember it like it was yesterday. Ive been cuising ever since, with DH, girfriends and now I have my 2 sons addicted (bout to go on there 4th).

It never gets old!

My first cruise EVER was on the Carnival Legend with my Beau Friend in March of 2009. This 7 day cruise on a boat was going to be the test of our 1year relationship. I never wanted to cruise cause I thougt that it was for "old people"! LoL

I had a BALL! One of the things that I liked about cruising was "tasting" the different islands. Now we can plan to come back and really explore the islands that we like. I also like that you can "make your own fun". If you want to party, you have a ship full of people to party with. If you want to be alone, there is space for that, too. Since then we have been on two other cruises and are about to go on our fourth. We have a fifth planned for April.

I am now the biggest cruise fan and will cruise until I die! Ok, maybe not that serious, but you get my drift! LoL

Carnival Glory May 14, 2005. We got to Port Canaveral at noon and she was not there. Since we were new to cruising we thought that maybe she was "behind the building" so we parked the car (place was deserted), got out with our luggage and walked to the terminal. As we got closer the porters were laughing at us because the ship hit a storm in Progresso and was 15 hours late and we (and a tiny handful of others who were not in the know) were sitting there waiting for her arrival.

Once she arrived (and many cruises later in 5 short years) we learned that you can't hide a ship, especially behind a building :D

Our first was on the Celebration in 02. The ship had something amiss with the prop or propshaft because it had a constant vibration when underway. With this being our first trip, we didn't know any better. Never thought about it until one of the other passengers wanted to change the name to the Vibration. Then we had some kind of engine trouble and missed our stop at Calica. The Captain said that it was questionable if we would be able to dock, so we limped back to Galveston. Even after all of this, we had a great time. Now I'm looking to book #10.;)

Thought it would be nice to have people talk about their first crusie and add pics. Mine was on Carnival's very first ship, the Mardi Gras out of Miami 1977. Went to Nassau, San Juan, and St thomas.

It was a great cruise going with my entire family; dad, mom, uncles, aunts, cousins..

And it was a nice ship!

Been on lots of Carnival Cruises since but will always remember Mardi Gras, the founding of an empire.

Mardi Gras for us too! It seems so tiny now. But it got us hooked on cruising. ;) It is still in service in another country (another name also of course).

Luv's Cruisin'

The DW and I didn't know if we were going to like this whole cruising thing, so we did a 4 night "booze cruise" in the Paradise out of Long Beach to Catalina Island and Ensenada. Needless to say, we were hooked. We just booked our 6th cruise now in less than 4 years - not too bad!:D

Our first cruise was on the Jubilee out of Miami. Feb. 1990 honeymoon cruise. We cruised to Nassau, San Juan and St. Thomas. We loved it, but life took over and did not return for over ten years. We are now hooked again doing three cruises this year.

Archived