Changing names on reservation

OceanSea

We need to change the name on our current reservation. We are switching the names around because of the age rule. I am currently booked in one stateroom and need to have a stateroom booked in my name. Then change my name to someone else's name. Is this something that we have to call the cruiseline for?

We booked directly through the cruise line.

This is the situation.

We have a cruise with my mother, me and my brother. My brother is unsure if he is going with us yet but we have cancellation insurance in place because of this.

My mom and I are for sure going. I am above the age of 21 so I can have a stateroom in my name. We have a friend going with us that is 18. What we want to do is make a stateroom in my name and take my name off of the original stateroom reservation and put their name on there instead.

Getting two staterooms is going to be the same price because of the category difference so that's why we want another.

This is the situation.

We have a cruise with my mother, me and my brother. My brother is unsure if he is going with us yet but we have cancellation insurance in place because of this.

My mom and I are for sure going. I am above the age of 21 so I can have a stateroom in my name. We have a friend going with us that is 18. What we want to do is make a stateroom in my name and take my name off of the original stateroom reservation and put their name on there instead.

Getting two staterooms is going to be the same price because of the category difference so that's why we want another.

I would call the cruise line and swap yourself and your brother. That way if he doesn't go you are all set. I think they will just do this for you.

Keith

This is the situation.

If all the names you are talking about are on current reservations and all you are looking to do is switch people around you should not have a problem. Call the cruise line and explain what you would like to happen. They can easily do that for you.

If, on the other hand, you are changing to a name that current is not on the reservation at all you may have to pay a change fee, not positive on that one.

If all the names you are talking about are on current reservations and all you are looking to do is switch people around you should not have a problem. Call the cruise line and explain what you would like to happen. They can easily do that for you.

If, on the other hand, you are changing to a name that current is not on the reservation at all you may have to pay a change fee, not positive on that one.

Yes, we are wanting to change a name that is not currently on the reservation. So, it might just be a fee? It will be allowed, correct?

Yes, we are wanting to change a name that is not currently on the reservation. So, it might just be a fee? It will be allowed, correct?

I don't know the specific rules, but after a certain point they do charge for name changes. I know before final payment they don't, it is after that but not the whole time.

Your best bet is to call them and ask. You don't have to do it right then, but it doesn't cost anything to ask a question.

Adding a new name to the reservation could be considered a cancellation/new reservation at the prevailing rate.

On one cruise I was going to add a person and was told it would

be considered that way and would cost an additional $199. Didn't make the change, and the person was able to go after all as the original reservation.

I believe one name for the cabin has to remain to be a valid reservation, and then they can still charge you just for the name change.

Definitely call the cruiseline as soon as possible.

Archived