adult pool on back of ship

dotheyes

I didn't, but someone brought it to the attention of the deck dude and he went and talked to the parents yet didnt make the kids get out. As we were leaving Ocho Rios, there were 4 kids in the pool. What ticked me off more was that the parents thought it was ok to let them break the rules and the parents werent in the pool so it wasnt like they could say they wanted to swim with the kids.:eek:

This. That's what I was trying to say. :)

Susan

Kids in the adult pool were an issue on our CB cruise too. They were also breaking the "no jumping" rule too. When we pointed it out to the staff, we were told that the pool was open to everyone and that the signs were wrong. We made a call to the front desk, which was put on hold forever until we gave up. Finally, some of the older people in the pool told the kids that there was no jumping into the pool, and pointed out that this was an adults only pool, and they packed up and left. I submitted a note on the comment card that this pool needs a deckhand to enforce the rules, and I also wrote this on my postcruise email survey.

This annoys me to no end because when my children were "kids", we always respected the adults only area, and taught them to follow the rules.

I've called security in the past...and it irks me to no end, that parents think "their kids" are the exception. When are kids supposed to learn that there are rules in life that we perhaps don't like, but must follow? To be quite honest, it has become so bad in the past few years that we are seriously curtailing our cruising....we now make it a point to only go when we hope kids will be in school...and we are seriously considering other vacations...sad, because we have been on a LOT of cruises....

I've called security in the past...and it irks me to no end, that parents think "their kids" are the exception. When are kids supposed to learn that there are rules in life that we perhaps don't like, but must follow? To be quite honest, it has become so bad in the past few years that we are seriously curtailing our cruising....we now make it a point to only go when we hope kids will be in school...and we are seriously considering other vacations...sad, because we have been on a LOT of cruises....

We also try and cruise while the kids are in school. I have no problem with kids....but if a pool is for adults only.....follow the rules!! I dont like it when the kids are jumping and splashing around......I just want to sit and relax for a bit. I can not do the hot tubs.....and wanted to maybe try the fresh water pool.

Exactly!! And on Princess the covered pool used to be adults only. They changed that, so now kids are there. We don't do the sun (melanoma), so need shade. Lotus Pool adults only, no smoking, shade on one side or the other, but only 10 chairs. Terrace Pool, sun, and smoking. SO...not many choices for adults, and then when the kids are in the adult areas there are even less.

Haven't been on the Grand but on the CB and Crown that's one of my favorite parts of the ship. Have spent several days just watching the wake stream away while sipping cold cervezas. Also favorite place for sailaway. :)

Oh dear. Well lets hope none of them get into MY pool next week.

I wouldn`t mind if they were only swimming but jumping in a carrying on is out.

We had a problem on P&O once but I got hold of one of the youth crew and he told them to get out.

thank you for answering

from the deck plan looks like we have te first :o inside cabin before the pool

We had aft outside (OV) cabin on Caribbean second from the pool (Riviera deck). Great location.

People in the the first one complained about the noise from the closing door.

We have chosen balcony aft locations for previous cruises, what a brilliant design for Princess to create this aft pool. Looks perfect for Sail Away location, with festive drink in hand. Great photos! We are staying on a midship Caribe deck for next cruise in Dec. This pool will provide me with my "wake" fix. I was wondering about the extent of sun / shade. happy to see there is a bit of both. cheers

Aft pools are may favorite. Not to seem anti-social, but my favorite thing to do is get a chair by the rail, turn it around to face the wake, and enjoy the view of the wide open sea.:) We just came off the Emerald, however, and I really missed the shaded area on the Grand and CB. The best time was on the CB during some choppy seas when the to-and-fro motion created quite a ride in the pool.:D

Please forgive us if we're repeating info already given ... we are currently on The Grand and the aft pool is one of two currently designated for children and families (we have well over 600 children with us this trip ......... )

Ibrasu

Please forgive us if we're repeating info already given ... we are currently on The Grand and the aft pool is one of two currently designated for children and families (we have well over 600 children with us this trip ......... )

Ibrasu

HAVE A GREAT TIME send us more info about the Grand :p

Ibrasu

Thanks for the info. Thats news to me. :)

Ibrasu

Wow that's a change. We were on the Grand Princess in June and it was clearly marked "Adults Only" on a sign affixed to the wall. (look to the port side of the ship for the sign, if it is still there). I had noted this as we were in search of an Adults pool with 850 children on board, and saw adults clearly ignoring the sign, inviting their kids in for a swim.

The aft pool is a deep pool and not recommended for anyone who may be a poor swimmer, even though it is not that wide (estimated 20" square). DW can't touch the bottom and neither can I.

Sure, the sun hits it at times, but there's always shade available. I'm not a sun person but my DH is so we enjoyed this area on the Grand. I'd sit over to the side in the shade and he'd take a lounger in the middle in the sun and we'd meet now and then. :) It DOES get sun, it just varies.

We were in C752 so didn't really need to search out an aft area except when he wanted to swim. Very convenient.

Susan

I'll be on the Emerald 9/19 on Riviera Deck back by the Terrace Pool and am wondering if it gets any shade at all? I'm a little confused about which ships you guys are talking about that get sun and/or shade. I have to have some shade (Lupus). And no kids, I hope!! Although I love them dearly.

Thanks, Jackie

I'll be on the Emerald 9/19 on Riviera Deck back by the Terrace Pool and am wondering if it gets any shade at all? I'm a little confused about which ships you guys are talking about that get sun and/or shade. I have to have some shade (Lupus). And no kids, I hope!! Although I love them dearly.

Thanks, Jackie

When Princess designed the Emerald, they moved Skywalkers further up the ship, hence removing the source of shade. Terrace Pool on Emerald is fully open to the sun, as far as I could tell, unlike the previous ship designs of the Grand and Golden.

Archived