adult pool on back of ship

dotheyes

I have not been on the Grand Princess, but it's basically the same as the Golden Princess. Yes, the aft pool is nice. It's shaded by Skywalkers and is usually less crowded than the main pools. You can sit and watch the wake and there is a bar nearby. If you're staying on Aloha deck, you can just walk aft and through a set of doors and you're there. Enjoy!

It was our favorite spot on the CB!!! We liked taking our late night snacks from the Caribe Cafe out there to watch the wake and look at the stars. During the day, it was shady and the pool water was cool.

Is there an adults only pool on the Crown?

That same pool is there only skywalkers isn't above it so it's in the sun.

The nice metal lounge chairs you see in the pictures as well as the tables aren't there either. There are tables there and plastic chairs.

The spa pool is also for 18 and over.

The pool near the spa is also for adults only. We've enjoyed it on the newer ships such as the Emerald, Crown, and Sapphire where there is not the shopping cart handle of the Grand, Golden, and Star to provide shade to the aft pool. The spa pools get shady earlier in the afternoon since they have a deck above them to block the sun better.

We loved the terrace pool on Emerald and Crown. I didn`t realise it would be shaded on Grand. Are there no sunny spots at all?

Sure, the sun hits it at times, but there's always shade available. I'm not a sun person but my DH is so we enjoyed this area on the Grand. I'd sit over to the side in the shade and he'd take a lounger in the middle in the sun and we'd meet now and then. :) It DOES get sun, it just varies.

We were in C752 so didn't really need to search out an aft area except when he wanted to swim. Very convenient.

Susan

The sign that says "Terrace pool adults only" makes me chuckle. Last week on the Emerald every time I was at the Terrace Pool there were kids in it.:mad:

did you tell the little boogers to get out?

I have not been on the Grand Princess, but it's basically the same as the Golden Princess. Yes, the aft pool is nice. It's shaded by Skywalkers and is usually less crowded than the main pools. You can sit and watch the wake and there is a bar nearby. If you're staying on Aloha deck, you can just walk aft and through a set of doors and you're there. Enjoy!

thank you for answering

from the deck plan looks like we have te first :o inside cabin before the pool

did you tell the little boogers to get out?

I didn't, but someone brought it to the attention of the deck dude and he went and talked to the parents yet didnt make the kids get out. As we were leaving Ocho Rios, there were 4 kids in the pool. What ticked me off more was that the parents thought it was ok to let them break the rules and the parents werent in the pool so it wasnt like they could say they wanted to swim with the kids.:eek:

So...kids are allowed to go in the adults only pool because the parents could careless about following the rules and Princess doesnt enforce their own rules. Great. I thought maybe I would got to the adult only pool since Princess has fresh water pools.......but not if there are kids in them. I am not going to keeping checking to see if the pools are kids-free.

I didn't make a fuss since I wasn't in the pool but... DH was in the pool. Looked like grandparents and parents and kids traveling together. Granted, there were a LOT of kids on this cruise due to a special "kids cruise free" but.. Seriously. We stayed away from the 2 main pools. DH couldn't find a lounger near any other pool. I'm so happy we actually found a way to work this pool.

Didn't seem quite right that DH had to deal with kids swimming and jumping in this "adult" pool. Pity that the crew don't want to make a "fuss" but, rules are rules. Sometimes.

*shrug*

Susan

Archived