HELP-Barcelona hotel advice

katmich12

There seem to be limited hotel choices in Sept. of 2011 as there is a big international conference in Barcelona. The hotels my Travel Agent can find right now are: Gran Via 678, HCC Regente, Ramblas, Rialto and Hotel San Agusti. We are looking for central location, safe and comfortable. Anyone stay at any of these hotels?

I do not like to hear that. We are also planning to go in Sept 2011. When are you planning on going ?

There seem to be limited hotel choices in Sept. of 2011 as there is a big international conference in Barcelona. The hotels my Travel Agent can find right now are: Gran Via 678, HCC Regente, Ramblas, Rialto and Hotel San Agusti. We are looking for central location, safe and comfortable. Anyone stay at any of these hotels?

I do not like to hear that. We are also planning to go in Sept 2011. When are you planning on going ?

We are booked on the Sept. 29 Celebrity Solstice. We were planning on waiting until next year to book rooms but think that might be risky. We will know tomorrow if other hotels are available this far out.

We booked through www.barcelonahotels.es when we stayed in Barcelona last Sept. There was a European cardiologists convention on at the time and rooms were hard to find. We stayed at the Hotel Granvia, which is a good business type hotel with an excellent location just off psg. Gracia and p. Catalunya.

No, the issue is that most hotels do not take reservations until a year or less. Some go a year out and others might go somewhere between six months and less than twelve months. This is true of the USA as well.

Don't worry. Us the time now to research hotels. There will be plenty to choose from.

Keith

We booked through www.barcelonahotels.es when we stayed in Barcelona last Sept. There was a European cardiologists convention on at the time and rooms were hard to find. We stayed at the Hotel Granvia, which is a good business type hotel with an excellent location just off psg. Gracia and p. Catalunya.

Granvia is one of the choices. Is it close to Las Rambles? We want to be in the center within walking distance of the center.

IF you go to the Granvia web site or put it into Google you will see a map which will show you the exact no. of blocks between the hotel(or any hotel) and Las Ramblas or Placa Catalunya which is the actual city center.

It is a good location. I have not stayed at that particular hotel.

Hotel San Agustín (or Sant Agusti) - we've stayed there twice and it was fine. It's a couple of minutes walk from the Ramblas. Some people find the area around the hotel a bit scary at night, but we had no problems at all - I'd call it atmospheric rather than scary. There's no real problem booking any hotel via the internet yourself; we've never had a problem. Excellent hotels we have stayed at in the past are the Montecarlo (on the Ramblas), Camper Hotel (very modern and stylish - central too), Hotel Regina (a bit cheaper, and in a great location nr Placa Catalunya) and finally the Neri - a gorgeous hotel in the Barrio Gótico. Why not do a bit of internet hotel window shopping?:)

We are coming in one night pre cruise and booked there. Not etched in stone - may want to do something closer to the port/Las Ramblas. We were blown away by our friend's recommendation and photos of the Hotel Colon who just returned and we immediately booked a balcony room with a view for post cruise. Last room in that category left.

We had four rooms at the Duquesa de Cardona last summer and enjoyed both the hotel and the location. The (very small, but wet) rooftop pool and bar was fantastic in the afternoon on hot days. It's on a main street, but not noisy, and overlooks the waterfront.

I just noticed that they've added a new promotion for cruisers that includes airport pick up and transfer to the cruise port.

http://hduquesadecardona.com/home.php

Granvia is one of the choices. Is it close to Las Rambles? We want to be in the center within walking distance of the center.

The location is excellent. Only about 2 blocks to P. Catalunya and the start of La Rambla, and one block to Psg. Gracia, Barcelona's 5th Avenue. P. Catalunya is the start/end point for the HOHO buses and the location of the Hard Rock Barcelona and El Cortes Ingles, a very large department store where you can buy just about everything including groceries and wine. We liked Granvia's location because it was close to the action, but in a safe neighborhood, since we walked back to the hotel very late at night.

Thanks for your reviews and advice. I am most interested in the Hotel Jazz but don't know if it books this early.

If you call or email teh hotel directly, they may be able to give you a rate or let you know when they expect to set the rates. Some hotels will even book you at the 2010 rate if you contact them directly.

I contacted the Jazz on their website and got prices for Sept 2011. Not happy when comparing them to people going this Sept but hopefully they will come down.

Thanks for your reviews and advice. I am most interested in the Hotel Jazz but don't know if it books this early.

I contacted the Jazz on their website and got prices for Sept 2011. Not happy when comparing them to people going this Sept but hopefully they will come down.

I noticed the same thing that prices seem higher next year than the discounts I see for this year. I don't know if they will come down closer to next Sept. or if they will stay higher due to a huge conference there next September. May be bad timing for us.

Do you know the exact dates of that conference ? I can not find anything on the internet about it. We will be in Barcelona around Sept 10th for 3 nights and wondering if this will be the same time as the conference.

I noticed the same thing that prices seem higher next year than the discounts I see for this year. I don't know if they will come down closer to next Sept. or if they will stay higher due to a huge conference there next September. May be bad timing for us.

After much thought and research I just booked the Roger de Lluria for two nights. It is small, and seems to have character, beauty and a great staff from online reviews. I'll let you know when we get back the middle of next month. I found a new (to me) booking site, Luxe Worldwide, that has very good rates for a handful of Barcelona hotels. The hotel we booked does not have the amenities of some larger places, such as a pool, so it may not be your cup of tea. I think we will spend our brief time sightseeing, then tapas and r&r, but your needs may be different if you are travelling with children, or really need a full service business center.

Do you know the exact dates of that conference ? I can not find anything on the internet about it. We will be in Barcelona around Sept 10th for 3 nights and wondering if this will be the same time as the conference.

It is the ITMA and will be held Sept. 22-29, 2011.

Archived