First Med Cruise with 4 Teens - help us find a good one!

triplets+1

We are hoping to be first time cruisers in 2012, with 4 teens who will then be ages 13 - 15. We want to do the Mediterranean region, and money is a consideration so we are thinking of 7 nights. Ideas???? Would especially love to see Gibraltar (my husband's GM was born there) and Malta. Open to all ideas! :)

We are hoping to be first time cruisers in 2012, with 4 teens who will then be ages 13 - 15. We want to do the Mediterranean region, and money is a consideration so we are thinking of 7 nights. Ideas???? Would especially love to see Gibraltar (my husband's GM was born there) and Malta. Open to all ideas! :)

Start here:

www.cruisetimetables.com

Go to the port list at the bottom...they are ports of call. the top list is ports of departure. In the bottom list, choose the port you want to visit, and the month you want/can go. Don't click on a date within the month, just the name of the month. It will bring up the ships that go there, and their itineraries. That would be on a western Med. itinerary. EM

Welcome to CC,

Not sure where you are flying from nor what are your must see beside desire to hit Malta. I found this site useful to read about the various ports and attractions. http://www.europeportreviews.com/

One important thing is that many of the best attractions are not right at port and you need to consider carefully the port logistics. Places like Rome will be frentic but other ports less so.

If you flew across the ocean like I did with my family its a delicate balance between time/money and value of a longer vacation. 7 days when you factor flight, time change is short, but if you are coming from Europe probably an easy thing to manage.

Teens can be a funny age/time, there should be lots to entertain them on the ship and hopefully they will be open enough to a busy day sighsteening the cultural stuff too :D

Best of luck.

I would take a look at Princess. They have some very nice itineraries and I think their ships work very well for teenagers. The first time we cruise the Med. with our children who were teenagers at the time we took Princess and it worked out very well for the entire family.

Keith

We are also Princess fans but for family value, you may want to look at NCL. After you have paid for 6 airline tix to Europe, you want the most for the cruise $$ and you may find 12 night NCL cruises for about the same price as 7 days on other lines.

That said, it is all about the ports. Find a cruise that takes you where you want to go. With teens, it is more about finding new friends than the teen club so don't worry too much about that. Med cruises are so port intensive that the ship is your traveling hotel and restaurant - it is not so much the ship amenities that make or break the trip.

I know you said Malta/Gibraltar but I think everyone should see Venice. Just MHO.

We cruised out of Venice...Athens, Croatia and Turkey..It was an awesome cruise! We used RCI and loved it. I agree Venice is so worth seeing, and I was in awe of all of the culture in Athens. Would love to go back again, but gotta save up some money first!

Thank you everyone, I will look at the cruise timetables and those cruise lines! I would LOVE to add Venice to my "must see" list. Just thought it might be too much to ask to find a cruise with all three! But maybe! Thanks again, keep it coming...:)

Archived