Recommended Dishes

Travel luv

The MDR menus are posted in front of the dining rooms during the day. You can look at them there.

When you try the waffles don't take any that have been sitting, ask for yours right off the waffle iron and tell them crispy. They are so good! I never eat waffles anywhere else.

ahhh - okay - I'll find my way there to check it out before dinner in Blu.

as for the "crisp" waffles - hmmm...i'm intrigued. I'm guessing this isn't something you want to order for room service. Where are waffles available? Blu? Breakfast buffet?

as for the "crisp" waffles - hmmm...i'm intrigued. I'm guessing this isn't something you want to order for room service. Where are waffles available? Blu? Breakfast buffet?

Breakfast buffet, make sure to get fresh ones off the iron, & eat them right away, don't wait in line for anythings else.... yummy yummy, I heard they put a hint of nutmeg in the batter & that's why they're so good.

the escargot is excellent. at dinner avoid anything with a puff pastry shell like mushrooms or beef. they haven't got it down yet. food is generally good, but not consistently so.

Everything is a matter of personel taste, but we didn't care for the escargot on X. We always order it on Royal and love it. So, go figure.

My favorites is: Tournedos Rossini ["Celebrity's Signature"]: pan-seared medallions of beef tenderloin, topped with foie gras, morel mushrooms, pearl onions, and black truffle ragout, served with roasted potatoes, sauteed haricots verts, burgundy braised shallots, and sauce perigourdine

The mushroom cappuccino is good too

I second this...and also the Coq au vin

Breakfast buffet, make sure to get fresh ones off the iron, & eat them right away, don't wait in line for anythings else.... yummy yummy, I heard they put a hint of nutmeg in the batter & that's why they're so good.

The fresh waffles on Solsltice, right off the grill, were outstanding.

On Summit, the waffle station is back aft. For some reason, they weren't as good. They seemed to have come off the grill too soon. Just didn't have that light crispy texture as they did on Solstice --they were more doughy.

Goat Cheese Souffle and Coconut Cream Brule are fabulous!!!

Also' date=' need information on where to find chocolate croissants on the Solstice - on Infinity and Millie I could find them at the Cova Cafe in the morning - help, am leaving on Sep 5th on the Solstice and need to know where to go - maybe the Bistro on 5? Surely some fellow chocolholic can answer this question? Thanks in advance for any help with this!:rolleyes:[/quote']

Hi Lily's Nana, we have a fairly large roll call for this cruise if you want to

come over and say hello:)

As for chocolate crossiants, I would say Cafe Al Bacio would be the

place to find them.:)

Man, this thread is making me hungry! My favorites (so far):

Coconut Creme brulee (Blu)

Rack of Lamb (Murano & Blu)

Nutella dessert crepe - DH's favorite - Bistro on 5

Cheese cart - Murano

Blueberry tarts - Aqua Spa Cafe

Almond croissants - Cova Cafe

Celebrity bread basket - esp. the baguette and the breadsticks

And favorite drink - Mango Daiquiri (Sunset Bar on Century)

Hope to add more favorites after our Summit cruise. Can't wait to try Normandie!

Everything sounds so yummy! Those waffles must be to die for! Only one more month before I can sample for myself.

By the way, is it frowned upon to order more than one order? For example can you order more than one appetizer, etc. It looks like it may be hard to decide some nights.

Everything sounds so yummy! Those waffles must be to die for! Only one more month before I can sample for myself.

By the way, is it frowned upon to order more than one order? For example can you order more than one appetizer, etc. It looks like it may be hard to decide some nights.

Yeah and what about 2 desserts?

You may order as much of everything as you think you can eat.

Both my ds & I love the chilled strawberry soup! So much that on our past 2 cruises we had our room steward bring some to the cabin because we were going to the SS United States for dinner and would miss it that night in the MDR!

Actually all their cold soups are quite tasty. I discovered them on my first Celebrity cruise and haven't been disappointed since.

Why do waffles always appear on the Celebrity "favorite foods"? Do they make them in some special way? I'll have to try them just to see what all the fuss is about :)

Also - this is a little off topic, but... people say you can order MDR dishes if you're dining in Blu. But how do you know what's going to be on the MDR menu each night?

You asked how you could find out what was on the MDR menu each night. I was answering your question. No need for the sarcasm!

Does anyone know if they will deliver any appetizers like shrimp cocktail pre dinner to your room if you request? We are scheduled to eat late and I was thinking it would be nice to have an appetizer prior to dinner in the room some nights.

May 2011 will be my first Celebrity cruise.... can u tell me...these items at the Cova Cafe...do u pay extra for the food items, or is it included...???

Thanks for starting this topic.... we seem to have a lot to look forward to on the Millennium in May....:)

May 2011 will be my first Celebrity cruise.... can u tell me...these items at the Cova Cafe...do u pay extra for the food items, or is it included...???

Thanks for starting this topic.... we seem to have a lot to look forward to on the Millennium in May....:)

There is no charge for food in the Cova Cafe. There is a charge for beverages.

You asked how you could find out what was on the MDR menu each night. I was answering your question. No need for the sarcasm!

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I appreciated your answer because I had no idea that they have MDR menus posted each day.

I'm not sure why you thought I was being sarcastic, but I'm sorry for any confusion.

Archived