Bad balcony staterooms??

Pelle

We have booked Guarantee Balcony Stateroom on Navigator of the Seas. This was much cheaper than booking a specified stateroom. I can understand many experienced cruisers want to know what they will get, but is there any bad balcony staterooms? If we are unhappy, will it be possible to upgrade on the ship?

Not necessarily, depends on how full the ship is and which cabins are available.

You have opted for a guarantee cabin in order to secure a cost effective balcony cabin. It will probably be allocated before you go away, at which point if the position is not what you want, then ask for an upgrade then. Waiting until you board ship is a recipe for you not getting what you want.

The balcony cabins are all nice, its the location you may not like. You may be stuck above a late night bar, way in front or right by the noisy elevators. If your not a light sleeper or a late night person I would'nt worry about it.

I don't think any are what could be considered "bad"....it's just a matter of location preference. If all you want is a balcony on the ship, you'll get that.....who knows...you may get upgraded...gty's sometimes do!

Good luck!

We have booked Guarantee Balcony Stateroom on Navigator of the Seas. This was much cheaper than booking a specified stateroom. I can understand many experienced cruisers want to know what they will get, but is there any bad balcony staterooms? If we are unhappy, will it be possible to upgrade on the ship?

All of the balconies on Navigator are pretty good. None are above bars, and there is a separation from the elevator banks and the hallways. The only noise issues are deck 10 balconies right below the pool deck. Some will have noise overhead.

The only obstructed balconies are the rear-facing ones on the stern.

The balcony cabins are all nice, its the location you may not like. You may be stuck above a late night bar, way in front or right by the noisy elevators. If your not a light sleeper or a late night person I would'nt worry about it.

the elevators aren't noisy.

I stayed in balconies near the elevator and there was never any noise.

I'm sure you'll be happy with your balcony, since you saved some money by getting a guarantee. Many people don't even care where their stateroom is located, except for many of us crazy cc members, including myself.

All of the balconies on Navigator are pretty good. None are above bars, and there is a separation from the elevator banks and the hallways. The only noise issues are deck 10 balconies right below the pool deck. Some will have noise overhead.

The only obstructed balconies are the rear-facing ones on the stern.

I'm glad to hear that. This is my first cruise on NOS and my first balcony. We upgraded (due to a price drop) from a "plain" oceanview to a balcony on deck 8, then due to a residency rate, we moved down to deck 6, on the hump, for $44 less per person. I was worried about switching cabins, and we are right across from the steps and next to the elevators. Nice to hear from someone who has already been on the ship. Thanks!!

Archived