Just booked Island Princess

amunhbuu

Normally, I don't do this. But this is our first cruise on Princess. And, it is our first cruise to Alaska. Ended up going with a cruise tour. We are very excited. However, we are more than a year away. So we have plenty of time to plan. ;)

Any helpful hints for Princess and / or Alaska?

We have been lucky enough to visit Alaska twice. Once on a Cruise/land Tour.

One thing that amazed me both times was the number of people who came without camera's and Binoculars.

Try telling family what it was like to watch a wale swim along side of the ship blowing steam up into the air, eagles flying overhead, chunks of ice breaking off from the glaciers, light at 2:00 in the morning, mountain goats looking down on you, a baby moose watching you as you go by, landing on a glacier from a helicopter, etc, etc, etc,......for ever.

Last trip I went on a Photo safari and we took photos of wales doing a bubble feeding.

Then of course then there is the normal ship board activities that should be recorded.

Bottom line on my post don't forget your camera and plenty of memory.

Bob

We took a cruise to Alaska the first week of this month on the Sapphire. It was our second time and loved it even more than the first. And while on board, I booked us a Christmas cruise on the Island. I'm looking forward to being back on a smaller ship. We'll be doing a partial Panama Canal cruise that includes Aruba, Cartagena, Costa Rica, and Jamaica.

Archived