HAL Discount offers

matondo

We used to get the color flyers from HAL with discount offers and news of upcoming trips probably once every two weeks. We booked our next cruise back in June and since that time we have only gotten one brochure and that was in June. Don't laugh but I love reading the brochures and miss getting them. Have I been taken off the mailing until we get back from our next trip or is this just a slow time for sending out mailings?

We're booked and still getting mailings though I don't recall there's been one that recently. I know I was cleaning up the patio table yesterday and there was a mailing out there that Mrs. K had been looking at but I don't know when it came. Seems to me that the industry is hurting a bit right now and we're actually getting more mailings from more cruise lines than in recent history. Some are just a pain and pretty much junk mail to us while others are interesting and at least have us looking at the line for future cruises. Case in point are a couple of recent mailings from Seaborne. We've never cruised them as they're significantly, on the whole, more expensive than HAL but some of the recent mailings have had some enticing offers.

I have seen a lot of ads lately on the internet as well as e-mails. Maybe they are shifting their focus of their advertising. Those who received the mailings are already hooked on HAL. Maybe they're looking at getting some new fans.

We used to get the color flyers from HAL with discount offers and news of upcoming trips probably once every two weeks. We booked our next cruise back in June and since that time we have only gotten one brochure and that was in June. Don't laugh but I love reading the brochures and miss getting them. Have I been taken off the mailing until we get back from our next trip or is this just a slow time for sending out mailings?

The same thing happened to us. I contacted HAL and asked if, since we have already booked a cruise for next year, they take us off the mailing list. They confirmed that this is so but they put us back on. We too are getting way more emails than anything but we do get a lot of mailings from the smaller, premium cruise lines - out of our league I think.:)

We haven't gotten anything -- either by regular mail or e-mail -- in years.

:) We are currently under deposit for a 30-day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise this coming Jan' 2011. Don't recall

any recent mail (for the last several months, anyway).

Now Regent and Crystal are different matters entirely.

Think I get something every week from them. Lovely

brochures --- excessive waste of money, IMO --- really

interesting but very, very expensive. Even with the

free air, free beverages, free shore excursions and

no tipping policy --

when you do the math --- pretty much comes close

to HAL and Celebrity when factoring in those out-of-pocket add-ons. Maybe someday. ;)

Hmmm...I've never gotten a mailing - like in the postal mail...or e-mail for that matter from them ever. We sailed in June. And are looking to sail again. If there are new itineraries or "specials", I'd love to hear about them!

Hi, We signed up for the specials on the HAL website,And receive an E mail every few weeks.

It's on their front page ,near the bottom.

I hope this helps, Nick & Hilary.

Its interesting how the mail works. Sometimes I will mention to my friend with whom I cruise that I got a HAL brochure. And, she will not have it. Then she will mention an e-mail she received and I will not have gotten it. Or, vice versa. We only live about a mile and half apart. Must be the way they market these days.

Back in early 2005 we got a mailing from HAL about the Sea of Cortez itinerary which we booked and from then on have not received a single mailing from HAL - maybe because we always have at least one cruise booked with them. On the other hand, we get about 2 mailings a week from Princess, on which we sail about once a year. Guess each line has a different policy on who gets their brochures,

I requested a HAL catalogue about 3 weeks ago...still waiting. I can't wait to look through it. Like others, I think they're fun to browse.

We have cruised on Regent many times and love it. I will say that if you have cocktails before dinner, wine with dinner and enjoy excursions you will find the final bottom line cost of Regent close to HAL, Celebrity or other cruise lines. It is nice to have washer and dryers available (free- no coins needed), gratuities included, never signing a check...well you get it. After 21 days, you'll also get free unlimited internet which is nice.

Chances are if you have signed up for email notices they have marked you as email only. As a travel agent, I know HAL along with most of the other cruise lines are funding less snail mail to send to our clients.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCCL - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ‘09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Crystal – Serenity ‘09

Future Cruises:

Oasis of the Seas - December 11, 2010

Paul Gauguin – February 9, 2011

I was considering this yesterday while flying back from a little Vegas break time. I checked this morning and I noticed that the brochures we're receiving in the mail match our cruise preferences we've entered on the HAL website. I also see that we're not getting brochures for cruise destinations that we didn't check, for instance we're not interested in Alaska so get no mailings. Seems to be working the way we intended so maybe that's why some folks are getting mailings and others are not. We do have both email and regular mail checked on our preferences for how HAL should contact us. We do not have phone checked and HAL has never called us. Not sure that's the answer but it seems to match our experience.

Archived